If you are thinking about buying a Roger Black Gold Treadmill in the coming days, then please make sure to take a quick look through our Roger Black Gold Treadmill review which will outline everything you need to know about it plus how it compares to 2 other Treadmills under the Roger Black treadmill brand in terms of power levels, sizes, speeds and dimensions.
Our review will focus on the Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill but we will also compare it to the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill and also the Roger Black Platinum Treadmill so at least you have more than just 1 choice when it comes to making any final decisions. We will outline the key capabilities and features that it has to offer plus the pros and cons that we came across that you should take note of also. In addition, we will outline some frequently asked questions about the Roger Black Gold Treadmill that has come up in the recent past that hopefully can answer some of the queries that you may possibly have along with a comparison table for easier viewing against similar treadmills in this category.
Roger Black Gold Treadmill Review Content
- Part 1: Treadmill Highlights & Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 2: Roger Black Gold Treadmill Review – Key Features
- Part 3: Roger Black Gold Treadmill Review – Pros and Cons
- Part 4: Alternative Roger Black Treadmills – Easy Fold & Platinum Options
- Part 5: Conclusion plus Feedback (Optional)
Before you begin, please note that guide price ranges can only be shown at the time of this Roger Black Gold Treadmill review so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most up to date price information.
Part 1: Treadmill Highlights & Frequently Asked Questions
Overview / Highlights:
|Product:||Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill (versus alternatives Easy Fold & Platinum)|
|Best Place to Buy:||Argos UK|
|Price Guide:||£370 up to £480 – View Sneak Preview Here|
|Power:||1.25 HP continuous motor (peak of 2 HP)|
|Max Speed:||16 km per hour|
Frequently asked questions about the Roger Black Gold Treadmill (12)
Q1. How many user programmes does this treadmill offer?
A. The treadmill offers 10 user programmes to choose from
Q2. What level of warranty is provided?
A. There is a 12 month warranty for this treadmill
Q3. Does it include Bluetooth connectivity?
A. Yes, the Roger Black Gold Treadmill includes Bluetooth connectivity
Q4. What is the size of the running deck?
A. The size of the running deck here is 125cm long by 45cm wide
Q5. What are the folded dimensions when not in use?
A. The folded dimensions when not in use is H145 by W78 by D96.5cm
Q6. Does it include an iPad or iPhone holder?
A. Yes, the Roger Black Gold Treadmill includes an iPad / iPhone holder
Q7, Does it come pre-assembled on delivery?
A, No, self assembly at home is needed (2 people)
Q8. How many incline levels are available?
A. There are 15 incline levels to choose from
Q9, What are the box dimensions upon delivery?
A. The box dimensions when delivered are 32cm high by 172cm wide by 73cm deep
Q10. Can you change from km per hour to miles per hour?
A. No, this treadmill only displays km per hour
Q11. How wide is the running belt?
A. The width of the running belt is 45cm
Q12. How many people are needed for assembly?
A. A minimum of 2 people are required for the assembly
Part 2: Roger Black Gold Treadmill Review – Key Features
Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill
Main Features in Summary:
Motor power 1.25 HP continuous
Max speed level of 16 km/hr
15 incline levels – programmable
MP3 connection & Built in speakers
Max use weight 120kg/18st 13Ibs
2HP peak motor power size
Includes Bluetooth 4.0
Tablet / iPad holder
Foldable / transport wheels
Running deck is L125 x W45cm
Auto stop safety system
Warranty is 12 months
Main Features in Detail:
- This Gold Plus Treadmill from Roger Black operates with a 1.25HP continuous motor (2HP at peak) and has proven also to be a reliable and affordable treadmill option and comes already with excellent previous customer feedback across the market.
- It operates up to a maximum of 16 km per hour, it includes the Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, an MP3 USB connection and also the built in speakers to help keep you motivated for longer as you listen to your favourite tunes
- There are 15 levels on incline available to choose from with 10 different user programmes and the console reports back on all the main parameters such as inclines, programme selection, speed, times, calories, distances and 400m race laps if needed.
- It includes an iPad and iPhone holder, hand grip sensors to record your heart rate, a programmable incline and the maximum user weight allowance to take note of is 18 stone and 13Ibs or 120kg.
- There is the foldable function which is ideal for people living in small living spaces, it includes the auto safety stop system as standard and the size of the running deck comes in at 125cm long by 45cm wide.
- In terms of dimensions, the folded dimensions are H145 x W78 x D96.5cm, the assembled dimensions are H134 x W78 x D170cm, the weight comes in at 61kg and a 12-month warranty is provided. There is the option also of paying for this treadmill over a 12-month period if needed using an Argos credit card plan
- The price guide for the Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill when last seen at the time of this review was in the £370 to £480 region with Argos UK which of course can be doubled checked below
Pros for the Roger Black Gold Treadmill:
- Instead of having to pay the full amount up front, you have the option of paying for it over a 12 month period with an Argos Credit card plan which helps to fund the cost over a longer period of time
- This treadmill offers the Bluetooth connectivity which is a major plus and which is not available on many other treadmills – if Bluetooth is important to you, then this will be a perfect choice for you.
- Unlike many other treadmills, this treadmill from Roger Black actually includes the tablet iPad holder and the iPhone holder which is a major plus to ensuring you can enjoy your fitness routines to the fullest.
- It includes the auto safety system as standard for you added safety and protection, it can be folded away neatly when not in use and it provides you with a set of durable transport wheels to help you move it around your home
- Depending on promotional timeframes, this treadmill can sometimes be available for less than £400 which is a great bargain for the quality of treadmill you are getting
- It can provide a reliable way to get fit at home and avoid annual gym membership costs.
- Although still heavy at 61kg, it is still a lot lighter than many larger spec treadmills that can weigh over 80kg and you get a good selection of inclines, programmes and speed levels to work with
Cons for the Roger Black Gold Treadmill:
- The standard price can be seen as quite high and can be £450 plus at times but at least it can be promoted on special offer from time to time for less than £400 which certainly makes up for it.
- The power of the motor is only at 1.25 HP continuous which is considerably less than the Reebok Jet 100 range and lacks the superior power offered by other larger branded treadmills.
- It only provides 10 user programmes which is considerably less than others brands, example the Reebok treadmills can offer 20+ programmes and in some cases 25+ programmes.
- The operational max speed is only 16 km / hr which is 2km /hr less than the Reebok Jet 200 and 4 km/hr slower than the Reebok Jet 300
- Most other treadmills come pre-assembled or 95% assembled but this treadmill requires home self-assembly which takes a lot more patience and time
- If you weigh over 120kg then you should start looking elsewhere as the max user weight capacity here is 120kg
- The warranty level is only 12 months which is considerably less than selected other brands
- This treadmill can only measure in km per hour only – not miles per hour
Part 4: Alternatives Roger Black Gold Treadmills – Easy Fold & Platinum
If you are still undecided about the Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill, then feel free to take a closer look at 2 other options under the Roger Black brand outlined as follows (please note the Easy fold option comes fully assembled but only has the manual inclines x 2)
1, Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill
Power level of 1 HP continuous motor
14 different use programmes / 10 pre-set
Max speed 13 km/hr / fully assembled
Built in speakers / MP3 connection
Running deck size is L120, x W41cm
Max user weight is 110kg / 17st 5Ibs
Warranty of 12 months / Weight 49kg
Price Guide: £250 to £350
2, Roger Black Platinum Treadmill
Power level of 1.75 HP continuous motor
18 different incline levels available
Max speed 18 km per hour / foldable
Built in speakers / MP3 connection
Running deck size is L135, x W46.5cm
Max user weight is 135kg /21st & 4Ibs
Warranty is 12 months / weight 74kg
Price Guide: £480 to £550
A comparison table for the Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill versus the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill and the Roger Black Platinum treadmills are outlined below for further clarity
|Treadmill Model:||Roger Black Gold Plus||Roger Black Easy Fold||Roger Black Platinum|
|Speed:||Max 16 km/hr||Max 13 km/hr||Max 18 km/hr|
|Incline:||15 levels||2 levels||18 levels|
|Built in speakers:||Included||Included||Included|
|Motor:||1.25 HP continuous||1 HP continuous||1.75 HP continuous|
|Max User Weight:||120kg / 18st 13Ibs||110kg / 17st 5Ibs||135kg / 21st 4Ibs|
|Dimensions:||H134 x W78 x D170cm||H135 x W71.5 x D162.5cm||H137 x W79 x D171cm|
|Folded dimensions:||H145 x W78 x D97cm||H25.5 x W156.5 x D71.5cm||H149 x W79 x D109cm|
|Running deck:||L125 x W45cm||L120 x W41cm||L135 x W46.5cm|
|Warranty:||12 months||12 months||12 months|
|Assembly:||Self assembly||Pre-assembled||Self assembly|
Part 5: Conclusion plus Feedback (Optional)
Although this is certainly not the most powerful treadmill on the market, it is still a great option for many people seeking a great value treadmill at a lower price point than the £600 plus treadmills seen elsewhere in certain places.
We really like the fact that it includes the bottle holder, Bluetooth, MP3 connection and the built in speakers which work really well and the size of the running deck is not the largest we have seen but is still quite decent at 45cm wide by 125 cm long which gives plenty of room for longer type sessions and provides extra comfort and security as you run. Many other treadmills don’t include the iPad, iPhone holder or Bluetooth but this treadmill ticks all those boxes and they are a super additional feature to get to keep you motivated and training each and every week.
It does require self-assembly at home but it is not all that bad to be fair as the instruction manual is excellent so you will need to follow all the stages step by step. Overall, this treadmill works great, the inclines and speed choices perform well and it is certainly good value for the amount of money you have to pay.
Have you ever used a Roger Black Treadmill yourself in the recent past? Did it operate as expected or did you experience any problems with it?
If possible – please share your own feedback (good or bad) with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section provided below