Are you considering or thinking about buying a Reebok ZR9 Treadmill in the coming days or weeks? If so, then please make sure to check out our Reebok ZR9 Treadmill review which will outline everything you need to know before you make that all important decision. For your benefit, we will also outline a comparison for the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill versus the Reebok One GT40S Treadmill and the Reebok ZR10 Treadmills so at least you can see for yourself how they compare and at least you have more than just one choice when it comes to making any final decisions.
Our review will outline the main pros and cons (not many) that you need to be aware of plus the main features that you need to know such as weight capacity, power levels and speed levels available and these will be compared against 2 other Reebok treadmills currently in the Reebok treadmill range. In addition, we will also outline some frequently asked questions that tends to come up along with further price comparison options outlined at the end of this page.
For easier navigation, this review will be split into 5 different parts so feel free to skip to whatever part interests you the most…
Reebok ZR9 Treadmill Review Contents:
- Part 1: Treadmill Overview & FAQ’s
- Part 2: Reebok ZR9 Treadmill Review – Key Features
- Part 3: Reebok ZR9 Treadmill Review – Pros and Cons
- Part 4: Reebok Treadmill Alternatives & Comparisons
- Part 5: Conclusion and Feedback (optional)
Before you start, please note that guide prices can only be outlined at the time of this review as prices can change slightly from week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most up to date price information.
Section 1: Treadmill Overview & FAQ’s
|Product:||Reebok ZR9 Treadmill (plus Alternative Options x 2)|
|Best Place to Buy:||Argos UK|
|Price Guide:||£450 up to £600 – View Sneak Preview Here|
|Warranty:||2 year parts & labour warranty / 10 year motor warranty / Lifetime Frame Warranty|
|Power:||2 HP continuous (peak 3HP)|
Frequently asked questions about the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill (15+)
Q1. What are the folded dimensions for the Reebok ZR9 treadmill?
A. The folded dimensions for the Reebok ZR9 treadmill are Height 148cm, Width 85cm by Depth of 104cm.
Q2. What is the maximum user weight allowed for this treadmill?
A. The maximum user weight allowed for this treadmill is 18 stone and 13 Ibs or 120kg
Q3. How many incline levels are available?
A. The ZR9 has 12 levels of incline which are all programmable
Q4. Can you connect your MP3 player to the Reebok ZR9?
A. Yes, this treadmill has the MP3 connectivity and the built-in speakers for further motivation
Q5. How fast can the ZR9 operate?
A. The ZR9 Reebok treadmill has a maximum running speed of 16 km / hr
Q6. Is the distance calculated in kilometres or miles?
A. There is the option to use either the kilometre or miles settings (hold the program mode for 3 seconds)
Q7. Can it hold an iPad on the screen?
A. No, you cannot hold you iPad on the screen
Q8. Can it keep track of your pulse rate / heart rate?
A. Yes, as long as you hold the hand pulse sensors
Q9. What is the lowest speed setting and what are the increase increments?
A. The lowest speed is 1 km/h and it can be increased in 1 km/h increments
Q10. What is the height of the running deck from the floor?
A. The height of the running deck from the floor is 18cm (7 inches)
Q11. Can it be connected to training treadmill apps using Bluetooth?
A. No, this treadmill cannot use training apps via Bluetooth
Q12. Can the incline be set to zero?
A. No, even at the lowest incline setting, there is a very slight incline in place
Q13. How big is the running deck?
A. The running deck is 130cm long by 43cm wide
Q14. What functions do the console display?
A. The console will display speeds, times, distances, pulse rates, calories burned and Incline levels
Q15. How many programmes does it offer?
A. There are 16 different user programmes to choose from
Q16. Does it require home self-assembly?
A. Yes, this treadmill requires self-assembly at home (average 20/30 minutes)
Part 2: Reebok ZR9 Treadmill Review – Key Features
Reebok ZR9 Treadmill
Key Features in Summary:
Motor is 2HP Continuous
Powered by mains / 6 functions
ZigTech Cushion system
Programmable inclines x 12
Max speed level is 16 km/hr
Running deck is 130L by 43W
Foldable / 16 user programmes
Auto stop safety feature
Transport wheels included
Weighs 79kg / self-assembly
MP3 player / built in speakers
Max user weight is 120kg
Warranty is 2 years
Key Features in Detail:
- This 2HP treadmill from Reebok is certainly one of the best and most popular in the range and comes with the MP3 connectivity so you can listen to your favourite music, there are the built-in speakers and the user friendly console which can provide feedback on various criteria such as inclines, calories burned, pulse rates, distances travelled, speeds and times taken.
- Included is the ZigTech cushioning system which provides a reduction of the impact on your leg and hip joints and you get the hand pulse sensors along with the built-in speakers and MP3 connection facility.
- It is powered by a mains outlet and works off a peak HP of 3 and a continuous 2 HP rate which gives plenty of power and it comes as a foldable option with transportation wheels which is needed for a treadmill of this weight which is 79kg and so makes it easier to move around your home.
- The inclines levels x 12 are programmable so they don’t have to be adjusted manually, the console offers 6 functions and you get 16 different user programmes to choose from and includes also the hand grip pulse sensors as standard.
- In terms of speed, it will operate to a max of 16 km/h, it allows a maximum user weight of up to 120kg, and it includes the autos top safety system as standard and works perfectly every time.
- The dimensions when folded are H148 by W85 by D104cm which is very manageable, the normal dimensions are H133 by W85 by D168cm and the size of the running deck is quite large coming in at L130 by W43cm.
- At the time of this review, the price guide range for the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill was in the £570 to £630 region at Argos UK which can be double checked below for a closer look
Further images of the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill are outlined below (5)
Part 3: Reebok ZR9 Treadmill Review – Pros and Cons
Pros for the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill:
- One of the best features is the warranty provided – the fact that they stand over their treadmills like this gives a huge level of security – it has the 2 year parts and labour, 10 year motor and lifetime on the frame.
- You get plenty of power from the 2HP continuous motor (peak 3HP) which is a hell of a lot stronger and more reliable than the cheaper treadmills sold on the market that tend to have motor issues.
- Instead of having to manually adjust the incline, there are 12 different programmable inclines to choose from which saves time and hassle when doing your workout.
- It offers a foldable feature which is super for people who live in smaller type living spaces
- If running space is what you are after, then this will definitely work at being 130 long by 43cm wide which works great for the faster type workouts where additional space is needed.
- The noise level associated to hard running is not all that bad as it includes the zig tech cushion system which softens the impact on your feet which lowers the output noise level
- There are the transport wheels provided which makes the chore of moving it around your home a whole lot easier – overall very well designed and built, it’s a solid piece of equipment, quiet and worth the level of investment you need to pay.
- Bottle holders are provided to keep you saturated as you complete your workout.
Cons for the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill:
- The maximum speed available here is 16 km per hour – more premium models offer faster speeds that this so if you need a treadmill that goes to 18 km per hour or more, then please start looking elsewhere.
- You only get 12 different inclines which is not all that bad, however we have seen other brands offer a lot more than just 12 inclines
- This treadmill requires self assembly which can be a bit of a pain but worth it in the end – please allow a lot of time and patience for proper set up and follow the instructions strictly step by step - otherwise you will have problems down the road.
- This treadmill is close to 80kg in weight so it is easier said than done to move it around your home and harder still to move it upstairs, hired help may be needed to get it to your desired location.
- This treadmill won’t work for you if you weigh over 120kg as that is the maximum weight allowed.
- The price range for this treadmill tends to set you back over £570 which simply is not affordable for everyone’s budget levels.
- It is not compatible with running / training apps that can be connected via Bluetooth
Part 4: Reebok Treadmill Alternatives & Comparisons
If you are still undecided about the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill, then check out 2 further options under the Reebok brand outlined as follows:
A comparison table for the Reebok ZR9 versus the Reebok One GT40S Treadmill and the Reebok ZR10 Treadmill is outlined below
|Treadmill Model:||Reebok ZR9||Reebok One GT40S||Reebok ZR10|
|Speed:||Max 16 km/h||Max 16 km/h||Max 18 km/h|
|Incline:||12 levels||12 levels||15 levels|
|Built in speakers:||Included||Included||Included|
|Motor:||2 HP (peak 3 HP)||2 HP (peak 2 HP)||2 HP (peak 3 HP)|
|Max User Weight:||120kg / 18st 13lb||110kg / 17st 5lb||120kg / 18st 13lb|
|Dimensions:||H133 x W85 x D168cm||H133 x W85 x D168cm||H142 x W83 x D174cm|
|Folded dimensions:||H148 x W85 x D104cm||H148 x W85 x D104cm||H149 x W83 x D109cm|
|Running deck:||L130 x W43cm||L130 x W43cm||L132 x W45cm|
|Warranty:||2 years (motor 10 yrs)||2 years (motor 10 yrs)||2 years (motor 10 yrs)|
Part 5: Conclusion and Feedback (optional)
Without a doubt, this treadmill has certainly impressed us and we can definitely give it a 10 out of 10 rating. Apart from the heavier weight to deal with and the max speed of 16 km/hr and the max weight of 120kg, it really does have all the bells and whistles and it makes the whole idea of getting fit at home a lot more enjoyable – especially when you have the MP3 connection and loud speakers which really do give a big help when it comes to keeping your motivation levels as they should be. The assembly is a lot easier than expected and only took 15 to 20 minutes and the cushioning system on the deck certainly helps to reduce the level of impact you feel on your joints. The fact that it has the folding mechanism is another big plus and so we would certainly highly recommend this treadmill across the board.
Have you used the Reebok ZR9 Treadmill yourself in the recent past? Did it operate as expected or did you experience any problems with it?
If possible – please share your own feedback (good or bad) with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section provided below
Visitor Comment Feedback