How good is the Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor and is it worth the money? To find out more, please check out our Porter Cable Air Compressor review which will cover everything you need to know and will give you a better understanding about its key features, capabilities, technical information and package details.
Our review will look specifically at the Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor but we will also take a quick look at 2 other options further below under the Porter Cable brand so at least you are getting more than just once option when it comes to making any final decisions.
This review will also outline some FAQ’s that hopefully will benefit some of you along with the key features, capabilities, pros and cons that we came across that you can check out further below. In addition, we have provided some price comparison options from several sellers which can also help to save you some money while you are here.
Porter Cable Air Compressor Content:
- Section 1: Brief Overview plus FAQ’s
- Section 2: Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor Review – Key Features
- Section 3: Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor Review – Pros & Cons
- Section 4: Alternative Porter Cable Air Compressors x 2
- Section 5: Conclusion and Feedback
Please be aware that guide price ranges can only be presented at the time of this review so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most up to date price information.
Section 1: Brief Overview plus FAQ’s
|Model:||Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor|
|Best Places to Buy:||Amazon / Wal-Mart / Hardware World|
|Price Guide:||$90 up to $190 (model dependant) – View Sneak Preview Here|
|Warranty:||1 Year Limited Warranty (Compressor Components)|
|Pressure:||150 PSI max pressure|
Frequently Asked Questions about Porter Cable Air Compressors:
Q. Can the PSI be reduced for specific type smaller jobs?
A. Yes, you can adjust the pressure regulator setting to a lower level for smaller jobs
Q. Can this compressor be used for pneumatic tools?
A. Yes, this compressor is ideal for pneumatic tools such as finish nailers, impact wrenches, air guns or framing nailers, etc but you need to allow time for the compressor to catch up
Q. What is the max PSI pressure?
A. It has a 150 PSI max pressure
Q. Is there an operational manual included?
A. Yes, the box will include an operational manual (but the break in procedure is missing – 6 steps)
Q. What is the weight of this compressor?
A. This Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor weighs just 34 Ibs
Q. How do you refill it when it runs out?
A. You just turn it back on with the red switch and wait for it to reach 150 PSI
Q. Will it shut down automatically when it reaches 150 PSI?
A. Yes, it will shut down automatically when it reaches 150 PSI
Section 2: Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor Review – Key Features
Key Features in Detail:
- This compressor from Porter Cable reference code C2002 is a 6 gallon compressor and is oil free for no maintenance requirements. It operates off a 0.8 HP 120V motor and includes 2 factory installed couplers
- It includes the pressure release valve and the water drain valve and the outer casing shroud to protect the vital components when in use in the outdoors
- It is a 10 Amp pancake air compressor, it operates at 2.6 SCFM @ 90 PSI for faster recoveries and includes a 12 month limited warranty for compressor components. It is delivered as a durable oil-free pump for longer life and no maintenance requirements.
- A strong and solid handle is included so it can be carried around to different projects and it handles most air tools and nail guns and the lightweight design reduces the levels of arm fatigue when carried by hand. This 6 gallon pancake-style tank is for stability and includes the water drain valve and the rubber feet for extra stability
- The basic package does not include the air hoses or accessory kits but can be bought in addition if needed and the size dimensions to note are 19L by 18W by 20.9H inches. You have the options of buying this compressor with the brad nailer, with the accessory kit or with the accessory kit plus the tire gauge which cost more and can be in the $170 to $190 price range
- It can be used for several purposes be it at a jobsite, a workshop or around your home such as trim, mattresses, tires and painting and an operational manual is included as standard.
- The price guide for this compressor at the time of this review can range anywhere from $90 to $190 which can be double checked below
Technical spec information for the Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor:
|Capacity: 6 Gallon|
Amp: 10 Amp
HP: 0.8 HP
Pressure: Maximum 150 PSI
2.6 SCFM @ 90 PSI
Cord: Cord wrap included
|Couplers: Factory installed x 2
Valves: Water drain and pressure release
Feet: Rubber Feet
Pump: Oil free
Dimensions: 19L x 18W x 20.9H inches
Weight: 34 Ibs
Section 3: Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor Review – Pros & Cons
Pros for the Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor:
- Starts easily and is reliable in colder type weather and temperatures and it has the 2.6 SCFM @ 90 PSI for faster recovery times
- It has an oil free pump which means little to no maintenance is needed and the higher 150 PSI allows higher pressure for longer type performance of tools
- You can buy with confidence as they offer a 12 month warranty period which gives peace of mind and security
- It can be easily carried around with the sturdy handle which makes it very portable and the weight level is not all that bad to be fair (only 34 Ibs)
- Size is small enough that it won’t take too much room in your garage or shed.
- The price level when seen against other brands is very favourable and it performs as good if not better than many of them
- For extra convenience, this efficient compressor can be run off normal household circuits and overall can offer easier and hassle free operation.
- The fact that it is an oil free pump, there is no need to worry about oil spills or maintenance costs and in turn can extend the life of the tool making it more efficient.
- Can be used for a wide range of pneumatic tools such as nail guns and impact wrenches etc and it only takes a few minutes to reach the maximum 150 PSI.
Cons for the Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor:
- The noise levels from this compressor may even be as loud as some of the larger compressors on the market which is a little surprising – too loud
- After prolonged use, the couplers can start to cause problems in certain cases and the safety valve is also susceptible to wear and tear.
- The shut off value for the motor works fine however on rare occasions has been reported to cause issues which is needed to shut down the pump when the 150 max PSI is reached.
- Drain plug leaks have also been occasionally reported which is extremely annoying and the replacement parts can be more difficult than expected to source.
- Filling time can take a few minutes of your time but is worth it with the reduced price that tends to be on offer.
- Before the first time of using it, you need to allow the compressor to break in and to run with the pressure valve open for 15 minutes – only then can you close the valve and allow the compressor to be filled with pressure (missing in the manual)
- Certain issues have been raised with increasing the pressure in tires and in particular the air chuck which causes problems - suggestions that a commercial grade Chuck should be bought in addition with the compressor to get the required results when increasing air pressure in tires
- Not experienced by us but others have reported a lower output level than they had expected and not holding the pressure as anticipated
Section 4: Alternative Porter Cable Air Compressors x 2
If you are still undecided about the Porter Cable Air Compressor, then check out 2 further options outlined below that may also be of interest to you which are also under the Porter Cable brand…
Section 5: Conclusion and Feedback
Do we recommend the Porter Cable C2002 Air Compressor? In short yes and it is certainly worth the money as the overall performance, quality and speed met all our expectations and surpassed many but saying that, we wouldn’t agree that it is perfect either as there are certainly some issues surrounding the air chuck, the manual could be easier to follow and the vibrations and noise levels will be too excessive for some members of the public. Standing close to it while in operation can be difficult so you are better off having a set of ear muffs on standby for added comfort.
One other thing that you need to be aware of is the fact that the manual does not include the break in procedure and this should have been included – there are 6 steps that need to be followed to break it in so please make sure these are completed before you start using it.
Feedback Submission Opportunity:
Have you used a Port Cable Air compressor yourself in the recent past? Did it operate as expected or did you experience any problems with it or did you find it as loud as we did?
If possible – please share your own feedback (good or bad) with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section provided below – so that others across the community can learn also…
Explore More Reviews:
- Best Pruning Shears 2020 – Which Prunes the Best?
- Best Gas Chainsaws 2020 – Which Cuts the Best?
- Best Pressure Washers 2020 – Which Cleans the Best?
- Best String Trimmers 2020 – Which Brands?
- Best Corded Lawn Mowers 2020 – Which Brands?
- Best Compost Tumblers 2020 – Which Composts the Best?
- Best Rotary Laser levels 2020 – Which One is the Best?
- Best Window Air Conditioners 2020 – Our Top 8 on
- Gas Caddy Review 2020 – HMC vs Duramax vs Stark on
- Gas Caddy Review 2020 – HMC vs Duramax vs Stark on
- Best Air Purifiers 2020 – Which One to Choose? on
- Best Split System Air Conditioners 2020 – Top 5 Voted! on
- Roger Black Gold Treadmill Review 2020 – FAQ’s & Comparisons on