One more question that came up about Air Fryers and that was how do you go about buying or choosing your perfect Air Fryer so please take a quick look through this post which will outline all the points you need to consider before you buy or choose your own Air Fryer.
First of all - what are the Benefits in buying an Air Fryer:
- Oil Products: You do not need to worry about buying oil products and have the on-going cost of replacing the oil – the Hot air is used to cook the food instead of the oil.
- Cleaning: The cleaning process when compared to deep fryers is so much easier and in most cases, all the removable parts are dishwasher friendly. There are no difficult and messy tasks of draining and disposing of used oils.
- Diet: If you need to eliminate fried foods from your diet and reduce your saturated fat and calorie intake, then the Air Fryer is the natural choice for you. It will also help to reduce your cholesterol levels.
- Fat Content: In some cases, the fat content can be reduced up to 75% to 80% when using an Air Fryer compared to a Deep Fryer.
- Speed: The speed in some models in starting the cooking process can be as low as 3 minutes so there is no need to wait for the oil to get to cooking temperature which makes them a lot quicker to start the cooking process.
Points to Consider before you buy an Air Fryer:
The first thing you need to look out for is the size of the Air Fryer – how many people do you intend to cook for on a regular basis. Select a smaller type Air fryer is the intention is for just 1 or 2 people but be prepared to spend more if you need a model that can cater for a family of 4 people or more.
2, Power Level:
Most Air Fryers will operate with a power level of 800 watts up to 1500 watts. Make sure your power source and outlets can support this level of power needed for operation and cooking.
If there is a brand that you have used before that you can trust, then select a model under that brand name again as the brand has already proven itself to be trustworthy. Also go with a brand that is well recognized across the industry which will help in terms of sourcing replacement parts if needed down the road…
Do you have sufficient space on your countertop to accommodate another appliance? Do you have enough storage space also? Take a look across your kitchen and plan in advance where you intend to use it, get your measuring tape out and take note of the maximum number of inches available to you.
Is there an Auto shut off system included? Most models will offer this but please double check that your final decision has this feature included as standard. The temperature will also get very hot and can reach up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit so make sure that the appliance has cool handles resistant to temperature intake.
The cheapest Air Fryers tend to be the smallest and offer the least in terms of reliability, functionality and capability. So, don’t always just go for the lowest price option. You will find that for even $30 to $50 more, you can get a far superior model and will stand the test of time. If you go somewhere in the middle ground – then you can’t go wrong.
Always check the individual reviews on the model prior to purchasing. Narrow the overall search down to 5 models and then focus in on the feedback coming back on the 5 models and then make a selection based on the model carrying the highest number of positive reviews.
8. Pre-set Settings
Many models will offer a number of pre-programmed settings which makes it easier for you. If you are an inexperienced cook, then you should search for a model that has as many pre-set settings available as possible. In some cases, certain models will supply you with 8 pre-set settings.
9, Product Capability
The basic models can only cater for French fries but if you intend to use it for several other food type products such as chicken, pork, vegetables, etc – then again be prepared to spend a little but more which is well worth in the long run to cook several different items as the same time.
10, Combination Cooking
Do you need several baskets to cook different types of product? If this is the case, select an Air Fryer with more than just one single basket so that different food types can be cooked in separate baskets.
Furthermore, feel free to check out Air Fryer stocks or prices by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own tips of buying or choosing your Air fryer by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that people in the community can learn also!