Are you considering buying a Hitachi Air Compressor in the coming days or weeks? If so, then please make sure to check out our Hitachi Air Compressor Review which will cover 2 different options under the Hitachi brand so at least you have more than just one choice when it comes to making any final purchasing decisions.
This review will outline the main features and capabilities that you can expect to get from the 1 Gallon Portable Compressor along with the pros and cons that should be noted which will be of interest to you. In addition, we will also point out some frequently asked questions about the Hitachi 1 Gallon Air Compressor that hopefully can answer some of the queries that you may possibly have.
Hitachi Air Compressor Review Content:
- Section 1 – Brief Overview & FAQ’s
- Section 2 - Hitachi 1 Gallon Portable Air Compressor Review – Features & Capabilities
- Section 3 - Hitachi 1 Gallon Portable Air Compressor Review – Pros and Cons
- Section 4 – Alternative Hitachi Air Compressor to Consider – 4 Gallon
- Section 5 – Conclusion & Feedback Submission Opportunity
Please also note before you begin that guide prices can only be outlined at the time of this review so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most up to date price information.
Section 1: Brief Overview & FAQ's
|Model:||Hitachi Low Noise Oil-Free Portable 1 Gallon Air Compressor|
|Best Place to Buy:||Amazon|
|Price Guide:||$130 up to $180 – View Sneak Preview Here|
|Warranty:||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Pressure:||125 PSI max pressure|
Frequently asked questions about the Hitachi Portable 1 Gallon Air Compressor:
Q. How long is the warranty provided?
A. The warranty provided for the Hitachi Portable 1 Gallon Air Compressor is 1 year duration
Q. What is the weight of this portable air compressor?
A. The weight of this portable air compressor is only 25.2 lbs
Q. What is the noise level for this compressor?
A. The low noise level associated with this compressor is 59 dBA
Q. What is the maximum pressure provided?
A. The maximum pressure available for this compressor is 125 PSI
Q. Can it be used for car tires and cleaning filters?
A. Yes, it can be used for car tires but operates slower than larger more powerful compressors. It can also be used for cleaning filters and tools like brad nailers / finish nailers.
Q. How long does it take to recharge?
A. As the tank is so small, it only takes a few minutes to recharge (2 to 3 minutes in average)
Q. Can the hose be connected when full?
A. No, you need to connect the hose before you fill the tank with air pressure
Section 2 - Hitachi 1 Gallon Portable Air Compressor Review – Features & Capabilities
Hitachi Low Noise Oil-Free Portable 1 Gallon Air Compressor (EC28M)
Main Features in Summary:
1 Gallon, Oil Free Compressor
1.3CFM @ 40 PSI/0.8CFM @ 90 PSI
Max pressure 125 PSI
Portable with lightweight 25.2 lbs
Low noise level of 59 dba
Brad nailer/Air hose option also
Quick coupler hose connection
Steel Roll Cage & Rubber Grip
Rubber feet to reduce vibrations
120V / 2.8 Amps / 0.45 HP
Size is 14 by 14 by 13.5 inches
1 year warranty
Main Features in Detail:
- This corded electric small compressor from Hitachi (EC28M) has proven to be very popular across the market with the low level of noise emitted (59 dba) and the fact that it is very portable coming in at only 25.2 Ibs which makes is really easy to carry around.
- It is an oil free portable air compressor and as the noise level is so low, you can hold a normal conversation while it is running.
- As it has an industrial oil free pump, there is no maintenance work needed which means more longevity and durability for the end user.
- It includes a stainless steel braided discharge hose which is resistant to corrosion and remains flexible for longer and it includes a factory installed quick coupler for easy one-handed hose connections when needed.
- Included in the design is the steel roll cage with the rubber grips which protects all the important parts internally and provides easier transport for carrying around from job to job.
- It provides a centralized and integrated control panel as standard which protects the gauges and plumbing internally.
- Included also is the Industrial quick coupler, an easy one handed hose connection and rubber feet to absorb shocks and reduce overall vibrations. The dimensions are 14 by 14 by 13.5 inches only, it provides pressure of 1.3CFM @ 40 PSI and 0.8CFM @ 90 PSI and operates at 120V.
- The price range when last seen at the time of this review was in the $130 to $180 region with Amazon which of course can be double checked below
Further images for the Hitachi Portable 1 Gallon Air Compressor EC28M are outlined below
View also while you are here...
- Porter Cable Air Compressor Review -Read More Here
- Pulsar Air Compressor Review -Read More Here
- DeWalt Air Compressor Review -Read More Here
Section 3 - Hitachi 1 Gallon Portable Air Compressor Review – Pros and Cons
Pros for the Hitachi 1 Gallon Air Compressor:
- The first thing you will notice straight away is the really low noise level for this compressor – many others are way too loud and this model is much more pleasant to work with – you can hold a conversation while it is running
- You have the option of getting a brad nailer and air hose with this compressor also (package is normally available for less than $300) and it also provides an overload protection circuit that has the ability to cut off the power in the case of overload situations
- It is an oil free compressor which means less maintenance work is needed and ensures longevity and durability and the quick coupler hose connection works extremely well – no issues experienced whatsoever – works as expected
- The price range is one of the best we have seen and is certainly a great option for those looking for a bargain or the cheapest possible price – on certain occasions, it was seen on sale for less than $155
- The discharge hose included can resist corrosion effects and will remain flexible for longer periods and it is very compact and lightweight which is ideal for people with limited storage spaces
- There is no set up time required here with this compressor and is ready to go and be used straight from the box provided – no waiting around is needed and refilling is very quick and is done in no time at all and works well with nail guns and various jobs such as fast dry wall patching.
Cons for the Hitachi 1 Gallon Air Compressor:
- Limited to just 1 gallon so only suited for smaller type jobs around the home and it only has one hose connector – limited options overall
- Doesn’t include the outer console protective covering to protect the parts within which many other compressors have – inferior in this this respect
- It provides only a maximum pressure bar of only 125 which won’t be good or strong enough for many operators or heavier duty jobs – only for the smaller type projects that don’t require high levels of pressure power
- Even though it works great starting off, reports of issues around the collar, output connector and pressure release valve have been seen and did not operate as expected. Releasing the hose has also not always worked as anticipated on certain occasions as it can get stuck from time to time.
- Reports are also seen that this version is sold also under other cheaper Chinese brands and the noise levels can start to get unbearable in isolated cases (not all) which should be noted also.
- Minor issues have been reported on the pressure gauges so you need to be careful if you decide to get a refurbished model – be selective from your individual seller and insist on a brand new model only
Section 4 – Alternative Hitachi Air Compressor to Consider
If you are still undecided about the smaller Hitachi 1 Gallon Portable Air Compressor, then take a look also at the larger alternative option provided below that may be of interest to you for larger project and more powerful pressure performances
Hitachi 4-Gallon Portable Electric Twin Stack Air Compressor (EC99S)
Corded Electric power / Oil-lubricated pump
Universal quick coupler
Max 135 PSI / 2 HP / 120V
Thermal overload protection
Size is 19.1 by 17.40 by 15.7 inch
Section 5 – Conclusion & Feedback Submission Opportunity
If a quiet compressor is what you are after for small type jobs, then this will tick off all of your boxes but please bear in mind this is not the best air compressor being sold on the market by a long shot. Other brands offer much better options in terms of quality build and engineering works and pressure power so this is ideal only for a select number of people across the market place – it is not for everyone.
But if you live in a neighbourhood where the noise levels must be low or if you don’t want to disturb your family at home, then this will be a reliable option for you as the price levels tend to be very attractive for those seeking the best possible bargain – overall great for use on small tires, finish work on finish or brad nailers but please note that the tank will run down quickly due to the small tank size available.
Feedback Submission Opportunity
Have you used an Hitachi 1 Gallon Portable t Air compressor yourself in the recent past? Did it operate as expected or did you experience any air leak or gauge problems with it? Do you find it very quiet also?
If possible – please share your own feedback (good or bad) with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section provided below – many thanks and best of luck with whatever decision you make!