If you are thinking about buying a Dremel DigiLab Laser Cutter in the coming days or weeks, then please make sure to check out our detailed Dremel Laser Cutter Review which will outline everything you need to know before you make that all-important decision.
This review will outline everything that is included in the pack, all the main features, functions and capabilities and also some price comparison options are outlined at the end of this page which can help save you some money in the process.
Our Dremel Laser Cutter Review will also point out all the main pros and cons that we came across along with some frequently asked questions that should answer most of the queries that you may have about this particular laser cutter.
Dremel Laser Cutter Review Content:
- Part 1: Brief Overview and Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 2: Weights and Dimensions to Note
- Part 3: Dremel Laser Cutter Review – Main Features and Functions
- Part 4: Dremel Laser Cutter Review – What’s included in the Pack?
- Part 5: Dremel Laser Cutter Review – Pros and Cons
- Part 6: Price Comparison Options and Conclusion
Please note that guide prices can only be outlined at the time of this review – so please use the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most up to date price information.
Part 1: Brief Overview and Frequently Asked Questions
|Product:||Dremel DigiLab LC40 Laser Cutter|
|Certification:||Industry-first UL certification|
|Protection Plan:||Yes, protection plans are available – 1 and 2-year options|
|Warranty:||1-year warranty is provided|
|Price Guide:||$5500 to $6500 - View updated price here|
|Support:||Support from Dremel is available at 1-844-437-6533|
Frequently Asked Questions about Dremel DigiLab Laser Cutter
Q. What support is available for the set up?
A. In the pack, there are tutorials to help and make the set up quick and painless
Q. What software is it compatible with?
A. It is compatible with PC, Mac, and Linux systems through a variety of different web browsers
Q. Do you need to be online with the internet for connection?
A. No, if there is no internet, you can connect your computer directly to the laser with an ethernet cord
Q. What types of materials can it be used for?
A. It can be used for hard and soft materials such as wood, stone, glass, fabric, paper, leather, acrylic, aluminium, plywood, cork, cardboard, cotton fabric, denim fabric, felt wool, glass, leather unstained, maple, mat board, oak, paper, rubber laser grade and solid walnut
Q. Is there any protection plans available and how much are they?
A. Yes, there are 1 and 2-year protection plans available that can range anywhere in price from approx. $400 to $500
Q. What are the electrical requirements?
A. The electrical requirements are an input rating of 120V, 60Hz, 5 amps
Q. What are the compatible browsers?
A. The compatible browsers here are Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE
Q. What is the recommended screen size?
A. The recommended screen size is 11 inches
Q. What is the screen resolution requirements?
A. The minimum screen resolution requirements are 1024 by 768 Pixels
Q. Can this be used on round objects?
A. No, this laser cutter cannot be used on rounded type objects or material
Part 2: Weights and Dimensions to Note
- Machine Dimensions is 32'' x 20'' x 8.25'' / 812.5mm x 508mm x 209.55mm
- Laser Weight is 70lbs / 31.75kg
- Max Engraving Height is 1.25'' / 32mm
- Max Cutting Height is 1/4' inch Wood and Acrylic
- Shipping Weight is 100lbs / 45 kg
- Engraving Area is 18.4'' x 12''
- Cutting Area is 20'' x 12''
- Touchscreen is 7 inches
- Beam Size is 6.5mm @ 1.2m
- Working Current is 20Ma
- Wavelength is 10.6 micrometers
Part 3: Dremel Laser Cutter Review – Main Features and Functions
Dremel DigiLab LC40 Laser Cutter
Main Features in Summary:
Fast and precise
Protection plans available
Engraving Area is 18.4'' x 12''
Cutting Area is 20'' x 12''
Laser Weight is 70lbs/31.75kg
Ship Weight is 100lbs/45kg
20k hours of endurance testing
Customizable Material Library
Main Features in More Detail:
- This Laser cutter from Dremel DigiLab provides a precise cutting and engraving ability in a professional compact chassis which also comes with a very convenient touchscreen interface for the end user
- For added security you have the option of taking on a protection plan for 1 or 2 years which provides further security when you buy and it comes with a High-definition 7-inch touchscreen as standard.
- This laser cutter can engrave custom different designs, specific logos and text on a variety of materials and cut materials up to quarter inch thick in detailed intricate patterns.
- It is set up for camera integration which allows you to import a photo of your workpiece while the onboard touch-screen allows you to run jobs directly from the laser machine – overall very fast and precise with great attention to detail.
- Designed for the functions of hand made goods with logos or text or even the application of various patterns. There is a built-in camera so all you have to do is scan your photos or drawings into the laser software and the laser cutter will do all the work for you be it engravings or cuttings.
- It includes SMART sensors to detect potentially hazardous situations and there is the easy-to-use 2D design software which lets you take any drawing or digital artwork and cut or engrave it onto your designated material be it wood, stone, glass, fabric, paper or leather
- Included also for peace of mind is the Industry-first UL certification which assures quality that you can rely on and trust where a 1-year warranty is provided as standard.
- This company comes with 85 years of experience in customer service, engineering and continuous product development and improvements which certainly goes a long way when it comes to trust and support.
- When last seen on sale at the time of this review, the price tag ranged from $5500 to $6500 which should be checked further below
Further images of the Dremel DigiLab LC40 Laser Cutter are outlined below (5)
Part 4: Dremel Laser Cutter Review – What’s included in the Pack?
The following parts are included in the Dremel DigiLab LC40 Laser Cutter set
|Dremel DigiLab LC40 Parts|
|- Dremel LC40 Laser Cutter|
- Acrylic sheet (test material)
- Honeycomb plate
- Water hoses
- Quick start guide
- Hex Box
- Hex Box connector cord
- Hex Box cap
- Reusable tote bag with straps
|- Alignment paper
- Exhaust duct with clamps
- Exhaust shroud with screws
- Air tube
- Hex key wrench
- Pack of alcohol wipes
- Spacer puck
- Ethernet Cable
- Instruction manual
Part 5: Dremel Laser Cutter Review – Pros and Cons
Pros for the Dremel Laser Cutter
- Gives you a level of precision that is impossible to complete by hand and the built-in camera allows the scanning of photos or drawings into the laser software.
- You can also avail of a protection plan to safeguard your investment and there are 2 options available be it a 1-year protection or a 2 year protection. It will cost more but gives you the added protection for this high spec piece of equipment.
- The level of precise cutting is excellent and the engraving ability is certainly one of the best that we have come across in the industry.
- The interface touch screen is user friendly, easy to adjust and very convenient overall to use
- It packs a whole workshop of different potential ideas into a single unit that easily fits on a particular workbench.
- The creation of projects with logos, patterns, artwork on wood is done automatically and speeds up the process allowing you to work on other projects
- The 7-inch touchscreen operates in high definition and performs tasks directly from the laser system
- It includes SMART sensors which can detect any potentially hazard situations and react accordingly
- It includes the innovative Hex Box which keeps the laser cool and prevents any downtime allowing ongoing and continuous work
- The safety features included are really helpful, including the water-cooling for the laser tube, air assist and also the on-board ventilation fan
Cons for the Dremel Laser Cutter
- Although it can cut & engrave wood, leather, acrylic, glass, paper, cardboard, fabric and rubber, there is also some materials that it cannot be used on
- The price range would be considered on the high side by many but I guess that is the level at which you need to pay for this level of expertise and quality (also cheaper than many other brands seen also)
- Only has 5 safety sensors to ensure all systems are working as they should be
- The standard and quality of the delivery from the courier team could be a whole lot better at times
- Issues of the missing lens cap has been raised in the past which is worth noting and the honeycomb bed is pretty flimsy and unfortunately seems to be cheaply made
- Specific technical support can be a little disappointing at times as the knowledge base in house seems to be somewhat limited – the tech support could be faster and more focus driven
- Doesn’t work for all programs and you may need to save files and import them into the Dremel software separately
Part 6: Price Comparison Options and Conclusion
Price Comparison Options
While you are here, please make sure also to compare some prices around the market outlined as follows which could end up saving you some money in the long run…
Do we recommend the Dremel DigiLab LC40 Laser Cutter? Certainly yes! We found it to be an awesome piece of equipment and the level of precision on various materials was second to none. The set up initially was so easy and the support from their customer service team was excellent. It may not be the best laser cutter out there but it is certainly one of the better priced option we have seen in terms of the capabilities that it can offer, Plus Dremel is a brand that has tons of experience and is a known brand with an excellent reputation for making reliable tools that last the test of time.
Have you used the Dremel DigiLab LC40 Laser Cutter yourself in the past? Did it work as expected or did you experience any problems?
If possible – please share your feedback with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section below - so others can learn also!