Hello once again and many thanks for taking the time to visit. If you are thinking about buying a Candy Fridge freezer in the coming days or weeks, then please make sure to check out our brief Candy Fridge Freezer review which will outline everything you need to know before you make that all-important buying decision. Our review will focus on the Candy Fridge Freezer model CVS1745WK but we will also take a quick look and compare it against 2 other Candy Fridge freezer models so at least you have more than one choice when it comes to making any final decision.
Our review will also outline several FAQ’s that have come up in the recent past that hopefully will take care of most of the queries that you may have along with an outline of the features, capabilities, pros and cons that you should definitely know also. In addition, a comparison table is outlined further down this page which should add further clarity when comparing one model against the other when it comes to dimensions, capacities, weights, warranties and shelf space numbers.
Candy Fridge Freezer Review Content
- Part 1: Overview & FAQ’s (15+)
- Part 2: Candy Fridge Freezer Review – Key Features
- Part 3: Candy Fridge Freezer Review – Pros and Cons
- Part 4: Alternative Candy Fridge Freezer Options x 2 plus Comparison Table
- Part 5: Conclusion & Optional Feedback
Before you start today, please note that guide price ranges can only be shown at the time of this Candy Fridge Freezer review so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most up to date price information.
Part 1: Overview & FAQ’s (15+)
|Product:||Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745WK (+2 alternatives)|
|Best Place to Buy:||Argos UK|
|Price Guide:||£200 up to £250 – View Sneak Preview Here|
|Credit Plan:||Yes, available over a 12-month period|
|Breakdown Cover:||Available for 3 years (optional) – Price guide is £40 to £60 extra|
Frequently asked questions about the Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745WK (15+):
Q1. What colour options are available for this fridge freezer?
A. This fridge freezer is available in white, black and silver
Q2. Is there any breakdown cover available?
A. Yes, you can get a 3 year breakdown cover (optional) which tends to cost around £50 extra
Q3. Can it be bought via a credit card plan?
A. Yes, you can pay for it over 12 months on an Argos credit card plan if needed
Q4. What are the dimensions for this unit?
A. The size dimensions for this unit is 175cm high by 55cm wide by 58cm deep
Q5. What is the capacity for both the freezer and the fridge?
A. The capacity of the fridge is 140L, the freezer is 102L so the total capacity is 242L’s
Q6. What level of warranty is provided?
A. There is a 12 month warranty available for labour and 10 year warranty on parts
Q7. What level of energy is consumed annually?
A. The level of energy consumption is 256 kWh per year
Q8. Does it include the zero frost technology?
A. No, it does not include the zero frost technology so defrosting needs to be done manually
Q9. How many freezer storage compartments does it have?
A. It has 4 freezer storage compartments
Q10. Does it include an ice dispenser?
A. No, there is no ice dispenser with this fridge freezer
Q11. Does it include the open door alarm alert?
A. No, there is no open door alarm alert for this appliance
Q12. Does this fridge freezer CVS1745WK include the reversible door?
A. Yes, a reversible door is included with the Candy CVS1745WK
Q13. Does it include a temperature display?
A. No, there is no temperature display with this fridge freezer appliance.
Q14. Can it be used straight away or does it need to operate first for a period of time?
A. You need to let it stand in position for 30 minutes before turning it on and allow it to run for 24 hours to reach core temperatures before using it.
Q15. Is this fridge freezer frost free?
A. No, you need to manually defrost this appliance when needed
Q16. How long is the cable provided?
A. The length of the cable is 1.45 meters
Q17. Is the appliance flame retardant?
A. Yes, the foil on the rear makes it flame resistant
Q18. Do ice particles start to appear in the fridge?
A. If they appear, you need to keep the setting to number 3 to avoid ice particles on the rear wall in the appliance
Q19. Can my old fridge freezer be recycled upon delivery?
A. This is dependant on your individual supplier, some offer it while others don’t so you may need to bring it to your local recycling centre yourself if one exists
Part 2: Candy Fridge Freezer Review – Key Features
Candy Fridge Freezer - CVS1745WK – White
Main Features in Summary:
Available in Silver / Black also
A+ Energy rated appliance
3 adjustable Shelves
Fridge capacity is 140 litres
Freezer capacity is 102 Litres
Capacity 13 shopping bags
Reversible door included
Size is H175 x W55 x D58cm
Spill resistant shelves included
Cable length is 1.45m
10 year warranty on parts
1 year labour warranty
Main Features in Detail:
- This fridge freezer from Candy comes in 3 different colour options white, silver and black and it rated as an A+ energy rated fridge freezer. It is considered to be a very popular option for home owners who want a functional fridge freezer at a competitively low price and it includes a reversible door which can suit various design kitchen layouts
- It includes a salad crisper, 3 adjustable shelves, 3 door balcony shelves, a deep door and it also has 4 different freezer drawers to help keep all your groceries tidy and organised. There is also the internal LED light which consumes 15 times less energy than standard light bulbs.
- In terms of capacity, the fridge can hold fresh food of 140L (7.5 shopping bags) and the freezer can hold 102L (5.5 shopping bags) so you get a full capacity is 13 shopping bags or 242 litres.
- If you do not want to pay for it all up front, you have the option of using the Argos credit card plan so it can be paid over a 12 month period instead. Plus, there is the optional breakdown cover if needed which can cover it for a further 3 years.
- The size dimensions are 175cm long by 55cm wide by 58cm deep, it includes the reversible door and the fridge shelves are adjustable to suit your own requirements. The length of the cable is 1.45m long and the airborne acoustical noise emissions is 42dB(A)
- The warranty provided here is 10 years on parts and 12 months for any labour costs that need to be covered which certainly adds confidence when you buy.
- The price guide for the Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745WK in white when last seen at the time of this review was in the £200 to £250 range with Argos UK which of course can be doubled checked below for a closer look.
Further images for the Candy Fridge Freezer are outlined below (5)
Part 3: Candy Fridge Freezer Review – Pros and Cons
Pros for the Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745WK:
- There is a fantastic warranty period of 10 years on the parts which certainly is one of the best seen around and adds a lot of confidence and security when you buy
- You have the options of paying for this over a 12 month period instead of paying for it all up front and you can avail of the 3 year breakdown assist which is normally priced competitively at around the £50 region.
- One of the main attractions is the price which tends to be available for less than £250 and in some cases less than £200 when on promotion which certainly is one of the better prices you see when shopping around
- It can suit various kitchen layout designs as it includes the reversible door and the space internally with the 3 door balconies and the 3 adjustable shelves give a lot more space than you think
- The freezer drawers are transparent so you can see from the outside what is stored internally
- Deliveries tend to quite fast, reliable and it gets delivered in perfect working condition.
- The noise level is quiet and you get plenty of room in the salad box container and shelves provided. Any Ice particles that can appear on the rear can be sorted out by adjusting the number settings but overall this is a great option without you having to break the bank
- It also comes with a scraper for icicles and has a nice slim and sleek build overall
Cons for the Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745WK:
- It doesn’t include an ice dispenser which is not the end of the world but should be noted all the same
- There is no open door alarm to remind you to keep the doors closed and the temperature inside maintained.
- It doesn’t include the zero frost / no frost technology so it will need to be defrosted manually in time. If you do not want to defrost manually, then you should start looking elsewhere.
- The black colour option tends to be out of stock so you tend to be limited to either the white or silver options
- The cable length is only 1.45 metres so make sure you plan in advance with suitable power supply locations
- There is no anti-bacterial protection available and there is no outer display for the temperatures.
- There is also no water dispenser available with this particular appliance and there isn’t always a recycling service available to take your old fridge freezer away in its place if one exists
Part 4: Alternative Candy Fridge Freezer Options x 2 - Comparison Table
If you are still undecided about the Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745WK above, then make sure to take a closer look at 2 other options under the Candy brand outlined as follows…
1, Candy Fridge Freezer CSC1365WE (White)
Main Features in Summary:
Available in White or Black
Fridge Capacity 111 Litres
Freezer Capacity 62 Litres
2 Adjustable shelves / 3 freezer drawers
3 inner door balconies
Size H136 x W54 x D58cm
3 year breakdown care available
Credit plan available (optional)
Warranty 10 year Parts / 1 year labour
Price Guide: £180 to £220 @ Argos UK
2, Candy Fridge Freezer CVS1745SWDK (Silver)
Main Features in Summary:
Available in White, Silver or Black
Fridge Capacity 140 Litres
Freezer Capacity 102 Litres
3 adjustable shelves / 4 freezer drawers
3 door inner balconies
Size H175 x W55 x D58cm
3 yr breakdown care optional
Credit plan option available
Warranty 10 yr Parts & 1 yr labour
Price Guide: £250 to £300 @ Argos UK
A comparison table for all 3 Candy Fridge freezers in this review is outlined below for further clarity so you can compare one against the other for whatever parameter interests you the most…
|Model:||Candy CVS1745WK||Candy CSC1365WE||Candy CVS1745SWDK|
|Fresh Capacity:||140 litres||111 litres||140 litres|
|Frozen Capacity:||102 litres||62 litres||102 litres|
|Energy Consumption:||256 kWh per year||214 kWh per year||256 kWh per year|
|Fridge Shelves:||3 adjustable||2 adjustable||3 adjustable|
|Frost Free:||No, manual only||No, manual only||No, manual only|
|Noise level:||42 dBA||44 dBA||42 dBA|
|Size:||H175 x W55 x D58cm||H136 x W54 x D58cm||H175 x W55 x D58cm|
|Warranty:||Parts 10 year, Labour 1 year||Parts 10 year, Labour 1 year||Parts 10 year, Labour 1 year|
If you wish to compare further options of Candy Fridge Freezers from across the market place, then feel free to check out 2 further Candy Frideg Freezer options outlined as follows that may also be of interest to you…
Part 5: Conclusion & Optional Feedback
This fridge freezer is certainly not the best fridge freezer in terms of features and I don’t like the fact that it needs to be manually defrosted but for the price level, this fridge freezer from Candy actually performs quite well in terms of noise level, storage capacity and shelf layout for various grocery types. The fact that it has the reversible door is another big plus and the warranty also of 10 years on parts is excellent in our opinion. If price is your main focus or priority, then you should choose the Candy Fridge Freezer CSC1365WE option above which has been seen on sale for less than £200 from time to time.
Have you ever used a Candy Fridge Freezer yourself in the recent past? Did it operate as expected or did you experience any problems with it?
If possible – please share your own feedback (good or bad) with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section provided below - many thanks in advance and best of luck with your final decision!