Greetings and welcome to this detailed review for the Best Torque Wrenches that are available online at present. Before you view the list of 10 best Torque wrenches, take a look at some of the FAQ that has come up from numerous people across the country and also some safety tips that are worth noting…
So, what exactly is a Torque wrench and what are the benefits???
This tool has the ability to adjust the security and tightness of bolt and nuts with an exact precision. The main reason why they were invented was to avoid the over tightening of bolts so when you use it, you can decide on the level of tightness on the fastener.
Frequently Asked Questions about Torque Wrenches...
- Q. How often do you need to calibrate a Torque Wrench?
- A. It is recommended once per year or once you have 4k cycles completed.
- Q. Can cheater bars be used on torque wrenches?
- A. No they cannot be used.
- Q. Why are the calibrations not under warranty?
- A. Since most torque companies cannot be assured that their torque wrenches are being used correctly by their customers, the torque wrenches are usually calibrated before they are shipped out to the customer.
- Q. Where can I repair my torque wrench?
- A. There are numerous companies online that deal with torque wrench repair – or visit your local hardware store
- Q. Will the accuracy of the torque wrench be affected if an extension is used?
- A. This depends solely on the type of torque wrench being used. An extension that is vertical to the drive will have no effect on accuracy, while an extension that is horizontal to the drive will require the use of an adaptor.
Some useful Operational tips …
- Please ensure you always pull and DONT PUSH and always ensure that there are no wear or cracks showing on the socket
- You need to ensure that the mechanical torque wrench is calibrated between 20 and 100%
- You also should ensure that calibrate a torque wrench beyond the capacity mentioned in the user manual
- To increase the lifespan of the wrench, ensure that it is stored in a protective case so it is sheltered from any moisture
- Please ensure you grip the handle by the middle to avoid it slipping during use
- To avoid any structural damage to the product, the item should not be placed in any area that emits high heat temperatures
- For safety purposes please use eye protection tools when using this product
Buying Tips to consider...
- When shopping for a torque wrench make note of the materials the wrench is made from, while plastic wrenches are cheap and easy to use, they do not last as long as metal wrenches, and can more easily be affected by recalibration
- The size of the torque wrench will depend on what the wrench is being used for. Please ensure you buy the correct torque wrench to suit your needs
- The accuracy of the torque wrench is also a very important aspect to consider when buying a torque wrench, you should always ensure that the item you are buying comes equipped with a certificate of calibration
Best Torque Wrenches Reviewed – Our Feedback Results
1, The Tetkon 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (10-150 ft.-lb./13.6-203.5 Nm) (24335)
- First on this list for the best Torque wrenches is the Tekton half inch drive click torque wrench model number 24335 which has received numerous positive reviews and comments in recent months. This model can help you tighten fasteners to your exact specification and requirements, so they become 100% fastened securely
- Another thing here for this torque wrench is the fact that it has the easy to read high contrast dual range scale which is possible also in low levels of light.
- This model also has the reversible ratchet head drive which can measure the level of torque you need in the clockwise directions. Another thing you will like is the fact that there are no plastic parts whatsoever that can be broken as is made from all steel construction.
- Please note also that the weight is less than 3 Ibs, it has a size of approx. 118.5 by 1.8 by 1.3 in inches and the price tends to be less than $30 when last viewed on sale
2, The EP Auto 3/8-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench, 10 -80 ft./lb., 13.6 108.5 N/m
- Next of the list for you to look at is the EP Auto Wrench which has the reversible racket head in both the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions and will measure the torque settings in the clockwise direction.
- This model is made from chrome which has been treated and is very easily stored as the storage case is included if you decide to buy. Another thing to take note if is the fact that it is retardant to corrosion and the click will tell you when you have reached your desired torque value
- Please note also that the weight here is 2.51 Ibs, the size is approx. 15.5 by 2.8 by 2.4 inches and the price when lasted checked was for less than $30 (the price bracket tends to be around $20 to $40) and can be checked out below
3, The Tooluxe 03703L 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch Dual Drive Beam Torque Wrench
- The third Wrench model we have on this list is the Tooluxe 3/8 inch and 0.5 inch Dual Drive Beam Torque Wrench. This particular product will ensure that you are easily able to tighten bolts from a wide range of different appliances
- An added benefit of this model to the user is the fact that it l is made of a steel alloy, which is resistant to corrosion, and its textured black handle makes it easy to grip
- Two differently sized anvils will allow you to use this torque wrench for more varied work throughout the day, and this would be noteworthy option to consider when purchasing a wrench
- Lastly this torque wrench allows for extremely accurate calibration by having a scale fitted to the handle. The scale is easy to read and can be calibrated between 0 to 150 pounds in both directions and the dimensions of this product when fully assembled are 17.5 by 8 by 2.75 inches and this wrench is available for purchase from between $15 to $30 when last checked on sale
4. The Tacklife 3/8” Torque Wrench (10-80 ft.-lb./13.6-108.5Nm)
- The next wrench for you to consider is the Tacklifes 3/8 Torque wrench, which comes equipped with a Socket Extension Bar, one thing you will like is the ability to adjust the torque wrench to its desired setting, you simply turn the adjustment collar and release to lock it in place. You will hear a click once the pre-set value has been reached.
- In addition - The drive click feature means that this particular torque wrench only allows for only 4% inaccuracy and once you are finished using the torque wrench, you should return it to its pre-set value of zero, to ensure accuracy in recalibration
- Please ensure that you use the required torque value for the 1/4 and 1/2 adaptor and the max value for the 1/4 adaptor is 45Nm, while the max value for the 1/2 adaptor is 452Nm
- Finally then the item weighs 2.67 Ibs, has dimensions of 14.5 by 1.4 by 1 inches and can be bought and is generally available for sale for less than $40.
5. The Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
- The next wrench on this list is Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench which has proven to be very popular and has scored very well in terms of performance, ratings and customer feedback
- Please note that this product comes equipped with a heavy duty cam and pawl mechanism which adds additional flexibility. There is also a reversible half inch drive click stop torque wrench to provide an excellent level of precision.
- This torque wrench allows for a torque range between 20 to 150 ft. lbs and this model is also accurate to with plus or minus 4%.
- In addition, the product weighs 4.1 pounds and has dimensions of 18 by 2 by 2 inches and this item also have a very attractive price tag which can be viewed or checked further below.
6 The Neiko 03707B 3/8" Adjustable Torque Wrench, 15-80 Foot-Pound
- One more wrench that you should consider is the Neiko adjustable torque wrench, which is made from a type of vanadium steel and this steel allows for increased durability and shock resistance which you will really like.
- This product features a reversible motion, and a lock/unlock adjustment, where you are notified of a change in torque value, by a loud clicking noise and the wrenches precise calibration helps you avoid over tightening the nuts and bolts.
- The 14 inch handle allows you to easily adjust bolts, even at the highest torque settings and an ABS custom fitted storage case is supplied with this item for safe storage
- Please also note that the item weighs 2.6 pounds and has dimensions of 16 by 3 by 3 inches and can be bought generally with a price tag for less than $50 at present but please double check below.
7. The Capri Tools 31100 1/4-inch Drive Torque Wrench, 25-250 Inch
- Next up we have the Capri Tools 31100 1/4-inch Drive Torque Wrench, 25-250 Inch Pounds and this product is made of impact resistant materials, which are carefully constructed to allow for a secure grip for you added safety.
- Please note here that handle has the advantage of being 30% lighter than other torque handles which makes it easier for you to use and the easy to use and extremely smooth torque dialling, allows you to easily change the torque settings as frequently as you want.
- Next then, the torque settings are secured in place by a positive lock mechanism and the torque wrench can be adjusted anywhere between 25-250 in-lbs.
- The product has a weight of 1.6 Ibs and dimensions of 16 by 3 by 2.5 inches and generally can be on sale in the region of between $40 to $80
8, The Neiko 03727A 1/4-Inch Drive Beam Style Torque Wrench
- We will now discuss the second Neiko model on this list, the 1/4 Inch Drive Beam Torque Wrench, whose metric readings make it extremely popular and easy to use amongst the general public
- Another reason why this particular product has got such great reviews in recent months is how versatile its uses can be, the fact that this wrench can be used on bikes, cars and much more is one of the main reasons for this torque wrenches continued popularity
- As with all torque wrenches the accuracy ratings of the wrench is vital aspect to consider and with an accuracy rating of +- 4%, you can’t do much better than this Torque Wrench.
- Furthermore, the clockwise and anti-clockwise functions available on this wrench make this item extremely beneficial and easy to use for both left and right-handed users. As an added incentive the wrench is extremely light at 8.8 ounces and has dimensions of 12.2 by 3.9 by1.4 inches.
- If you are on a budget this model’s relatively cheap price of under $30 should be perfect for satisfying your torque wrench needs
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Torque Wrench and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!