If you are searching for a top-rated String trimmer for your garden, then make sure to take a quick look through this review for the Best String Trimmers which are available at present and which can also be delivered to your home hassle free in just a matter of a few days.
You may have an excellent mower for your lawn, even after finishing the job the work is not done completely, you still have to get out your string trimmer to finish the task. String trimmers are an excellent outdoor tool for tidying grassy areas around the lawns, gardens, trees, fences, or other obstacles, such as swing sets and decking. In general, when it comes to purchasing a trimmer, the more you pay, the superior quality model you get. String trimmers, also acknowledged as weed eaters have been a consistent garden maintenance device for years.
These are quite useful tools that allow homeowners to perform quick and easy trimming work in their yard, cleaning up areas that a mower might miss especially around the boundaries of the garden perimeter. If you are ready to buy one of these string trimmer tools, you will want to find out which model is the best on the market today which can meet your own set of requirements. These trimmers come in many styles and have different capabilities and features and 8 models are being recommended here for you to choose from.
Types of String Trimmers:
String trimmers can be found in many styles of electric trimmers, gas-powered trimmers, and brush cutters. To select the right style, you first want to consider the type of material, the size of the area you are working on and whether you require any restrictions regarding noise and if you prefer an electrical device or a gas powered one.
- Electric string trimmers: These trimmers performed cutting silently and easily and of course you don't need to deal with gas and oil. They come with an extension cord and having the battery pack. They are easy to use, light weight and maneuverable and great for small to medium-sized spaces.
- Gas-powered string trimmers: These are appropriate trimmers for big lawns and heavy trimming performance. They are powerful and resourceful and come with 2 - 4 cycles engines. Mostly, these are used by landscaping professionals, some models also have features for edging, pruning, and cultivation duties as well as trimming.
- Brush cutters: These are the leader of the trimmer world, as these tools have bigger engines, thicker line and strong metal blades in working with dense brush and weeds. You can also find handheld models, walk-behind and tow-behind versions for clearing big areas.
Tips to Consider before you buy a String trimmer:
- If you have a big yard and regularly perform trimming jobs, a gas-powered trimmer is the best option you should consider. They are available in the unlimited range and power that you need for these applications. If you have a small-medium lawn and don’t tackle larger denser thicker grass, then a cordless trimmer model is fine for you.
- For safety reasons, always clean the fuel tank with a metal brush and a rag of your trimmer tool. Once your tank is clean, you should replace the fuel filter on the end of the fuel line.
- Clean your trimmer frequently to avoid it from clogs or overheating. Ensure that you use an appropriate extension cord if you are using a corded model since this will prevent the motor from burning out.
- Single or Dual-Feed Line: String trimmers are designed with either a single or dual-feed line. Single-line trimmer permit for easier winding when installing a new trimming line and are perfect for small gardens and lawns. But if you want a tool that cuts larger properties faster, a dual-line is recommended since these tools cut twice with each revolution.
- The main factor that has to be considered is the weight of your trimmer. Since you are going to be carrying it around your yard, you need a tool that is practical to carry. Since the weight of string trimmers can range from 5 - 20 pounds. Gas-powered trimmers are the heaviest on the market but offer the most power. Corded models can be as light as 5 pounds but have limited work capabilities. With a medium-sized yard, a cordless trimmer is the best options since it as considerably lighter than a gas model.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How to store your string trimmer?
- A: Electric trimmers are easily stored away without any particular arrangements except for a basic wipe-down, if you are going to be storing your gas-powered model for any length of time over 3 months, there are some steps you need to take. By taking these easy precautions, you will ensure that old fuel doesn’t gum up your fuel system or prevent your tool from working correctly when you try to use it in the spring. The first thing you need to do is either run your tool until the gas tank is empty and it dies on its own.
- Q: How long does a string trimmer last?
- A: The average life of a string trimmer differs significantly on the basis of how often a trimmer is used, the scope of the working demands placed on it, and how it is cared for. Normally a residential trimmer is used on a weekly basis, gets proper maintenance as per user manual and are prepped for winter storage using the steps that mentioned above can last a minimum of 5 - 8 years. To make sure that your trimmer model lasts as long as possible, follow the general maintenance and upkeep guidelines described in your user manual.
Best String Trimmers Review - Our Top Picks for You!
1, The WORX 40V Command Feed String Trimmer and Turbine Leaf Blower Combo - WG925
- The first string trimmer that we recommend is under the Worx brand due to its reliability, overall performance and this particular package includes a Turbine leaf blower and a bargain price point so it is definitely one to consider if you have yet to get your hands on a leaf blower and save some money in the process.
- This is an electrical cordless trimmer and operates from a 40V lithium based powered GT 3.0 so you have no extension cord to worry about and you are not limited to the distance an extension cord will operate.
- There is a 12 inch cut diameter and has a 90 degree pivot head to help you reach the harder to reach places across your garden terrain. The shaft here is also height adjustable so there is flexibility also depending on how tall you are and there is also the Command Feed TM line adjustment control included which lets you feed the line instantly at the push of a button.
- The battery will generally take approx. 3 hours to charge the price level when last seen was between $130 and $170 which can be double checked below if you are interested in taking a closer look.
2, The Snapper 17 Inch String Trimmer
- The second model that deserves a closer look from you is the trusted Snapper 17 Inch 27cc Gas String Trimmer which provides additional power to get the tougher type jobs completed in thicker denser terrain when heavy duty trimming is required.
- This Snapper trimmer model is quite easy to use and it is a model that is multitalented which is designed to be compatible with universal attachments, allowing you to convert it into other yard tools. It has a durable straight-shaft which has special features of an extended reach to cut under bushes and around obstacles. It comes with 3-step advanced starting that makes the engine easier to operate and start.
- This trimmer model has a 3-year limited warranty and this is an excellent tool for tougher trimming jobs with its wide 17-inch cutting swath that clears weeds smoothly and it has a powerful 27cc full crank engine. The model comes with edger that provides an easy way to prepare your lawn easily and the boom, blade, and wheel are designed to make aligning the blade between the lawn and driveway easy.
- The simple design of this trimmer gives competent use with higher speeds that clear debris faster and you can trim branches on trees without using a ladder, with the help of finest 8-inch bar and chain provides effective overhead cutting. It helps to cultivate your lawn with the efficient cultivator attachment that has an adjustable tilling width up to 9 inches and four premium 6-bladed tines and the price level has been seen in the $120 to $150 bracket which can be checked here also.
3, The Black + Decker LST136 40V Max Lithium High Performance String Trimmer with Power Command
- At number 3, we would like to outline the Black + Decker 40V Max Lithium High Performance String Trimmer with Power Command which comes under reference model number LST136 and like the first above is a cordless electrical trimmer more ideal for lesser heavy duty jobs across small to medium sized yards.
- The one key feature here is how easy it is to carry around and work with as the weight comes in at less than 8 Ibs which seriously helps at reducing hand and arm fatigue as you work for extended periods of time. This model also has the Powerdrive transmission and the 40V lithium based battery which helps to drive more power to the from the motor to the cutting string and of course this has the automatic feed spool where it can automatically feed the trimmer line when needed with no bumping.
- In addition, this model can be converted from a trimmer to an edger is a matter of a few seconds by turning the shaft provided to provide further flexibility in the tasks that you need to complete and the size comes in at 46.5 by 13.5 by 11 in inches.
- The charge time here tends to be less than 2 hours to complete and the cost has been seen anywhere from $120 to $160 when last seen on sale which depends on discount activities.
4, The Worx GT 3.0 20V Cordless Grass Trimmer & Edger with Command Feed - WG163
- At number 4 we have another model under the Work brand – this time its model number WH163 and it’s the Worx GT 3.0 20V Cordless Grass Trimmer & Edger with the command Feed, a 12 Inch trim diameter and also the 2 batteries and charger Included and this brings new levels of power, accuracy and overall functionalities for your trimming needs.
- The 20 volts of MAX lithium battery power provides the WG163 model to run longer times and this model has 12-inch cutting diameter which means more trimming in less time. You can easily convert it to an edger within seconds, with dual-positioned in-line wheels that make edging a breeze.
- The innovative Command FeedTM instant line feeding system keeps you productively moving on your lawn projects and you can make easy height adjustments to the telescopic shaft using the quick-release trigger lever. You just have to charge the battery for 3 hours and it’ll be ready when you need it with no-self discharge.
- From function to features, this model features 100% single-line feed which means no bumping to extend the line. A front auxiliary handle has 7 locking adjustments for maximum comfort while trimming, edging, or mowing. The Worx GT 3.0 20V trimmer model and edger allow you to make a professional-looking yard with less work, less fatigue and in less time and the price always deserves a closer look as it tends to be one of the lowest in the market.
5, The DEWALT 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium-Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer
- Up next at number 5, you should also consider the DEWALT 20V max 5.0 Ah Lithium-Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer which comes under reference number DCST920P1 which has received numerous positive reviews and feedback from previous users in the past for its overall durability, reliability and trimming effectiveness.
- The DEWALT DCST920P1 brings the accuracy and power with a variable speed trigger to provide extraordinary trimming performance and runtime management with the Hi/Lo speed control switch and this trimmer model has the brushless motor which maximizes motor efficiency and durability.
- The patented gear drive design will give more torque and maintain cut speed under load, while the dual .080 inches line with bump feed clears a full 13 Inch. The string trimmer easy to maneuver and puts less stress on the user.
- Included here in the package is the DCST920 String Trimmer, a 20V MAX 5 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, a charger, the auxiliary handle and guard, and the 0.080" line rewound in a spool. The weight of this model is slightly heavier than others coming in at 14 pounds with product dimensions of 67.8 by 10.9 by 8.8 inches which is worth noting also.
6, The Black +Decker 20V Max 1.5 Ah Cordless Lithium-Ion 10 Inch String Trimmer Edger - LST201
- Another model that is worth considering is under the Black + Decker brand and this time it’s the model number LST201 which is seriously lightweight coming in approx. 5 Ibs which makes the job of trimming really easy to do when carrying it around across the yard. It is less powerful with the 20V battery but is matched with a lower price tag which will be more suited for people who need to work on a tighter budget.
- This tool has the ability to give you a nice manicured appearance to your lawn be it for the perimeter edges, around swing sets or trampolines or even flower beds but always be extra careful when going around them and take your time – please don’t rush it.
- It can also be used for walkways, around trees, posts or kids slides and this model can also be easily converted from a trimmer to an edger and there is also the Automatic Feed Spool which automatically feeds the trimmer line when needed with no bumping required for your benefit.
- Please note also that the height and handles can be adjusted to your ideal comfort level, it operates with a 10 inch diameter trim and the line size is 0.065 inch and the price range when last seen on sale was certainly one of cheapest available to buy.
7, The Greenworks 13-Inch 4 Amp Corded String Trimmer- 21212
- Next up is the competitively priced Greenworks 13-Inch 4 Amp Corded String Trimmer with a reference model number 21212 which has the 180 degree rotating handle for your added performance and a 13 inch trim diameter and an adjustable telescoping shaft to suit whatever height adjustments you need.
- This model has turned out to be extremely popular across the country and there are no emissions to worry about and the weight is only 7 Ibs so it makes it very user friendly and reduces your own hand fatigue levels as you work.
- This is a corded trimmer so you will need an extension cord for further distances across your yard so make sure it is long enough before you buy. The shaft is also adjustable to suit whatever heights you need and the trim diameter included here is 13 inches. The line diameter here is 0.065 inch and there is also the integrated cord lock which will prevent any cord disconnects.
- Please note that the warranty available here is an awesome 4 years which is one of the longest we have seen and the price point is very hard to beat as it tends to be one of the lowest priced if not the lowest available. When last checked, it was on sale for between $40 and $70 which should be double checked below if you are interested in going down this corded electrical route.
8, The Husqvarna 17-Inch Straight Shaft Detachable String Trimmer (28cc) - 128LD
- Last on this list is the gas powered Husqvarna 128LD gas trimmer which are designed to start promptly with minimum effort. The string trimmers have an auto return stop switch and when the trimmer is turned off, the stop switch automatically returns to the start position for easier starting.
- This Husqvarna trimmer model is always ready to go anytime you need to keep your lawn free of unwanted grass and weeds. The weight of this model is 10.8 pounds and this 128LD trimmer model is quite easy to handle and hold which has a detachable shaft for easy transport and storage.
- It is also a lightweight multi-purpose trimmer perfect for homeowners and comes with easy loading T25 semi-automatic trimmer head. With this model, you can start work right away without wasting time struggling to get the trimmer going.
- Its engine and starter are specially designed for quick starts with minimal effort. The Air purge technology that removes air from the carburetor and fuel system, the Smart Start recoil system, an auto return stop switch that automatically resets to the "on" position, and a fuel pump all ensure that this trimmer is ready to go when you are. Overall this trimmer gives you the freedom to take care of a range of tasks with one convenient easy-to-use tool.
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own experiences with String Trimmers good or bad by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!