Hello and welcome to this detailed review of the best slow cookers which are available to order easily online at present and can be delivered to your front door hassle free. The one major advantage of the slow cooker nowadays is that you can get a tenderised meal and you can set it for a number of hours and walk away and let it do its work without you having to watch over it every 10 minutes. There is also the added benefit of being able to start the slow cook process, get your household or personal chores completed and then return to it when it is ready to be enjoyed.
In terms of safety, you can allow them to cook away and walk away saving you time also as you don’t have to babysit it so to speak. There are many slow cookers across the market and the most popular ones are in the 6 to 7-quart range. They are also oval to accommodate various sizes of chickens and roasts which helps to fit in the amount of food that you need. The clean-up chore afterwards is made easier also with the removable crock that can be added to your dishwasher so that is one less thing to spend time doing. We will give you a selection of the best slow cookers to meet as many requirements as possible be it portability, programmability, premium high-priced options and also lower priced alternatives that won’t break the bank.
Buying Tips with Slow Cookers:
- The size you choose will be very important as they can range from very small 2 quart to very large which is 8.5 quart. The smaller 1 to 3 quart crock pot is sufficient for 2 people but you will need to go 4 to 6 quart to feed a family of 3 to 5 people.
- If you need to feed a larger group of 5 to 7 people, then you will need an 8 quart crock pot. Also, if you have large pieces of meat to cook, then a min 6 quart model should be used.
- If you are the type of person that likes to have a home cooked meal ready and waiting for you when you get home, then a slow cooker is the perfect solution for you.
- If you want to be able to program it to start heating before you arrive home, then consider the smart Wifi option
- While some of the premium end higher priced options gives additional function ability, they lower priced options can also give you great results.
- Only some models have the keep warm setting after the cooking programme is complete so make sure to select the models with this feature if you need it.
- Glass lids have proven to be a great feature also as you do not need to lift the lid to see the cooking. Lifting the lid allows heat to escape which adds additional time required for cooking.
Frequently asked Questions on Slow Cookers:
Q. Do I need to monitor it or keep a close eye on it?
A. No, you can program it to cook at the temperature you need for the time period you set.
Q. Can they switch off automatically themselves?
A. Yes, they have the ability so switch off automatically so the food does not get burnt.
Q. What prices are available?
A. The prices can range from $20 up to $350 depending on your preference.
Q. How do slow cookers work?
A. They can heat food in a low, steady heat level in an environment that traps the moisture and heat.
Q. Can I set the cooking times and temperature as I need it?
A. Yes, you set the time duration and also the temperature and cooking will stop once completed.
Q. What happens to the cooking programme if the power goes out?
A. The settings will be reset and you need to program it again
Best Slower Cookers – Across various Online Retailers:
1, The Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Stay or Go Set and Forget Programmable Slow Cooker
- One of the main attractions for this Hamilton 6 Quart Stay or Go Set and Forget Programmable Slow Cooker is the price and generally can be bought for around the $40 region.
- This model is a 6 Quart with a removable stoneware crock and can fit a 4 Ib roast or a 6 Ib chicken and has a cooked rice yield of 24 cups.
- You get 3 different choices here and they are to program, to probe and also manual mode. If you are too busy on certain days you can program it (set and forget) and once the cooking time is up it will automatically change to keep warm mode so you do not need to reheat the food again.
- If you have large pieces of meat like a tenderloin, chicken or pot roast, you can then insert the temperature probe and set your required meat temperature and it will cook until it is reached. Once reached them it will switch to keep warm again.
- You also have the manual option with it using the timer and you can heat it on high, low or just warm and there is also the lid with clips which will prevent any accident spills that can occur from time to time.
- Once the lid is clipped on, it is secure and is very easy to carry around wherever you may need to and there is the front digital display which shows you the temperature as it changes.
- Another great feature here is that there is the power interrupt protection which keeps slow cooker on during any brief power outages.
- Finally, it has a stainless steel base, it is dishwasher friendly and the dimensions are 12.2'' H by 17.7'' W by 12.6'' D and the overall product weight is 14.6 lb.
- The warranty available is 1 year
2, The Hamilton Beach 8 Quart Slow Cooker
- This is a larger model to the version outlined above but carries the same brand name, characteristics and quality features.
- The 8 Quart size here will allow you to fit a larger 7 Ib chicken or a 7 Ib roast quite easily so this is more suited for you if you intend to cook for a larger family of a larger gathering of guests or friends.
- Although there is no digital display for the temperature, it works fine without and it has the 3 settings of keep warm, low and high and it is lead free.
- Once again you get a fantastic lid which is clipped on so there is no need to worry about any spillages as it is very easy to move around from table to table.
- In addition you get full grips handles so you can easily lift, move and take wherever you need to quite easily.
- It is also attractive and can be used at the dinner table for serving out the dishes
- For cleaning then, this is great model as the toughed glass lid and the stoneware can be removed and added to the dishwasher without you having the laborious task of having to scrub.
- Finally then the wattage is 375W, the size dimensions are 17'' H by 17.2'' W by 10.6'' D and the weight is 15.6 lb heavy.
3, The Cuisinart 6.5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- First off this oval model does tend to be more expensive than many of the others mentioned here and is generally for sale around the $80 to $90 region but there is more style and you get additional functions and you also get the chrome plated handles and the LCD timer display.
- The size of this model is 6.5 Quart so again it can fit a 4 Ib roast or a 6 Ib chicken quite easily and it has min and max temperature of 160 and 212 Fahrenheit respectively.
- The lid is tempered / toughened and see through so you can see exactly how the food is doing during the cooking process without you having to open it and letting the heat escape.
- Of course, like many others, it has the 3 heat settings and once the cooking time has ended, it will switch automatically to the keep warm mode.
- The capacity is 6.5 quart so is good enough to cater for 5 people and the LCD display helps to make the cooking that bit easier.
- The Cuisinart 6.5 quart slow cooker can be programmed as you see fit and is BPA free and also includes a cooking rack.
- There is also the touchpad control panel, the 24 hour cooking timer and non slip rubber feet with 4 different program settings.
- An added bonus here is that there is a book included with 70 recipes and you get a 3 year warranty for additional personal security and peace if mind.
- This model is non stick also, BPA free, it is 350W, the size is 12'' H by 16.34'' W by 11.61'' D and the weight is 13 lb.
4, The KitchenAid 6 Quart Slow Cooker.
- This is a perfect size slow cooker for the average family and there are four different temperature settings available to you.
- It is oval shaped to accommodate various types of different meats and it has the ceramic insert with the tempered glass lid to keep the heat locked in.
- Made from stainless steel and can be used for soups and various types of different meats and it has a cooked rice yield of 24 cups.
- With the four different temperature settings – you get additional control over your cooking processes and gives you that extra bit of flexibility – they are low, medium, keep warm and high.
- Another thing is that it is dishwasher friendly so pop it in easily after the cooking and let the dishwasher do all the hard cleaning work for you.
- The handles are not as big as many of the other models mentioned but are soft grip and you do need to be that extra bot careful when carrying it around your kitchen.
- Once the cooking time is up, this model is automatically switch to the keep warm mode and you also get the 1 year warranty which is plenty in my view.
- The size of this model is 10.8'' H by 17.5'' W by 10.5'' D and the weight is 16.1 lb.
5, The Kalorik 8 Quart Digital Slow Cooker
- Coming in a reasonable price region that is generally around the $45 to $65 mark, the Kalorik 8 Quart digital slow cooker has proven to be a very popular slow cooker with many buyers and cooks in the past.
- It particular model tends to be very user friendly and can be used to make hearty soups, roasts, chilli and pasta dishes to mention but a few.
- There is the ceramic crock pot, a chromed panel frame and cool touch handles to present you from getting burnt. In addition, you also get a lid that can be locked which makes it very safe when carrying it around your kitchen, it is tempered and has a silicone rim.
- This Kalorik slow cooked is programmable and can be set at 3 different settings of warm low and high and the capacity is 8 quarts. It is non-stick also which is an added bonus, a timer which you can set and it has a 380 wattage.
- You also get the keep warm setting, so once the food is cooked and has reached the required time and temperature, it will keep the food warm so you don’t have to reheat it once again.
- Finally, it is BPA free, there is a 1-year warranty available and it is also dishwasher friendly.
6, The Ninja Multicooker 3 in 1 6 Quart Slow Cooker System (MC750)
- What you will really like about this model is that it is a 3 in 1 multi-cooker in that you get the slow cooker, the stove top and also a mini oven and the capacity is 6 quart.
- The price is reasonable enough also and I have seen it for sale in around the $70 to $90 range – it is more expensive that some of the other models but this model does offer more functionality and flexibility
- You also get triple fusion heat which adds additional speed in the cooking process and the fact that there are 3 appliances here in one appliance lets you do a lot more with it than your standalone slow cooker.
- There is the fast one pot meal making here that is ready in 30 minutes all in the same pot and you can also cook frozen foods also along with vegetables, pastas and a selection of various meats.
- You can first sear the meat on the stove top locking in all the juices and then slow cooker to make it nice and tender.
- There is the steam infused roasting and combined with the direct heat will give excellent taste results.
- The Ninja is has a non stick pot and it can be removed for serving at the dinner table. It has a digital temperature control that goes from 250 to 450 degree and can last for 6 hours and the stove can simmer, saute or sear depending on your preferences.
7, The Crock-Pot 7 Quart Smart-Pot Slow Cooker
- This slow cooker is made from brushed stainless steel and I have seen it for sale at less than $40 dollars which makes it very affordable for the average family.
- As it is 7 Quart, it can serve 7 people and more and the cooking settings can vary from 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high depending on your preference.
- Once the cooking program has completed, it switches automatically to keep warm mode which means you don’t have to worry about having to reheat your meal
- It’s a stylish attractive clean cut looking slow cookers and of course it is programmable with a flat digital panel and it is called a smart pot as it switches to the keep warm setting once cooking is complete.
- In addition, the 7 quart removable oval stoneware provides a smooth changeover from countertop to the table-top with no other dishes necessary.
- Finally then this model is dishwasher friendly
8, The Hamilton Beach 3 Quart Slow Cooker 33230
- This smaller 3 Quart slow cooker from Hamilton beach is perfect for the smaller cooking occasions or if it is just 2 to 3 people to serve.
- Generally speaking, it will hold smaller meats with weights for example - a 2 Ib Roast or just a 3 Ib chicken.
- Another major attraction for this particular model is the very low price and I have seen it for sale for less than $15 with Walmart so there is great value to be got if you decide to buy this slow cooker.
- There is a stoneware crock, and attractive red outer color, a glass so you can see how the cooking is going and it is also dishwasher friendly which is always a major plus.
- There are the 3 heat settings of keep warm, high and low – the keep warm setting will prevent it from overcooking or burning the food
- It has a stoneware crock and a glass lid and both are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- There are nice side handles also which makes it easy for carrying around different work tops in the kitchen
- Tempered glass lid is included to keep the heat inside – the only disadvantages here really is that much smaller than the larger 6 quart or 8 quart models but then again it is matched with its very low price level.
9, The Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook Carry Slow Cooker (SCCPVL610-S)
- First of all, this slow cooker is made from stainless steel and has the digital timer so that you can monitor the timing easily and effectively
- It has the capacity of 6 Quart so it can serve approximately 7 people at any given time and can hold and cook a 6 Ib roast /chicken easily
- Pricewise it compares really well against other slow cookers in the 6 Quart category
- Program times can be set from 30 minutes to 2 hours and once the cook time has completed it will switch automatically to the keep warm mode
- It has a strong and sturdy locking lid which makes it easy to move about in your kitchen preventing any accidental spills and has a rubber seal around the edge so it will not rattle
- Weight if this slow cooker is 14.8 Ibs and please be aware that the maximum time is can be programmed to cook is 2 hours.
- The dimensions set out here are 16.5L by 10.4H by 11.4W in inches
- One last thing here for this slow cooker is that it is non stick and very easy to clean and it makes cooking so much easier for the less experienced cooks.
10, The Crock-Pot 2 Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker
- One of the main reasons why this smaller slow cooker appears on this list is the attractive black color and also the very low price as I have seen this on sale with Amazon for less than $10 which is a bargain in anyone’s eyes.
- It is quite small with a capacity of only 2 quart so it is only suited if you intend to use it for a maximum of 3 people and some people would say that it is ideal only for 2 people depending on the size of their appetites.
- Another feature that you will like is the fact that the stoneware insert is removable and can be placed in the dishwasher hassle free
- The lid is also toughened and tempered and is also dishwasher friendly and the cord length is 24 inches long
- There is the keep warm setting also which is great as it will be switched automatically once cooking has been completed and it has the low and high temperatures settings as well.
- Another nice touch is that there are recipes included to help the inexperienced cooks and the dimensions of this particular model is only 9 H by 8.9 W by 7.4 D in inches.
- Lastly again the main attraction for this smaller type slow cooker is the exceptionally low price but don’t buy it if you intend to feed 3 people or more with large appetites.
Alternatively, feel free to take a look at various low-priced stocks by clicking on any of the images provided below…
It would also be greatly appreciated if you can share your own personal experiences with your Slow Cookers with the community by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!
Finally, I hope this list on the Best Slow Cookers has helped you out and best of luck to you with whatever slow cooker you decide to go with.