Greetings and welcome to this review for the best reciprocating saws available for you to buy in today’s market which can also be ordered online and delivered to your home in a matter of just a few days. Reciprocating saws are machine powered and are widely becoming one of the most widely used and popular tools on the market today for several different jobs that need to be completed by tradesmen in the industry. They have the ability to cut through almost any material, and in that regard, they are the perfect tool to have on any demolition site. Before you go ahead and purchase one, please take a quick look through some of our FAQ and tips below, which you should consider when using a reciprocating saw.
Frequently asked Questions about Reciprocating Saws:
Q. Are Reciprocating saws dangerous?
A. Simply put yes, if they are not handled correctly and you do not use the appropriate safety tip (which we have listed further down in the article)
Q. What can I cut with a reciprocating saw?
A. With a reciprocating saw you are capable of cutting a wide variety of materials, such as wood, steel, aluminium, brass, copper and plastic
Q. How do you know which blade to use?
A. The blade you use will depend on the material that you are cutting, when cutting through a hard substance like metal, you would want to use a blade with a high TPI (teeth per inch) and when cutting through a softer material like wood, you would want to use a blade with a low TPI
Q. When do you use a reciprocating saw?
A. Reciprocating saws are usually used for demolition tasks along and can operate at 3000 strokes per minute.
Health and Safety tips when using Reciprocating Saws:
As you can imagine reciprocating saws, can be extremely dangerous and can cause grievous bodily harm if they are not handled and used in the proper manner.
- When using a reciprocating saw always make sure that you grip it tightly with both of your hands
- For your added safety, try and keep you work area as clean as possible and please check the floor for anything that could be a tripping hazard
- Always ensure that you wear safety googles and earmuffs at all times when operating the saw, also ensure that you wear shoes that are slip resistant
- Please ensure that the reciprocating saw is turned off properly before you decide to plug it into a power source and never operate the tool in wet condition
- Lastly, it should go without saying that when you are performing maintenance on the saw it should be switched off and unplugged
Buying Tips to Consider with Reciprocating Saws:
Below we have listed a few various tips that you should consider before deciding on what reciprocating saw to buy and what sort of features you should be out on the lookout for to get the best out of your new tool
- Always check the product description for Stokes Per Minute, as this will help you to gauge the speed of the saw
- If you are unable to afford a cordless model, at least make sure that you buy a reciprocating saw that has a detachable cord
- While all reciprocating blades have the ability to move back and forth, some blades have the ability to move up and down as well
- Always check for the stroke length of the blade, as this will let you know how far back and forth the blade is capable of going
- Always try to buy a reciprocating saw, with an adjustable show, as It will allow you to get a longer life out of your blade
Best Reciprocating Saws Reviewed – 10 Models to Choose from
1, The Black + Decker 20V Max Lithium Bare Reciprocating Saw - BDCR20B
- The first item that we are going to discuss on our list is the BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V Max Lithium Bare Reciprocating Saw, which is widely considered to be one of the most popular and widely used reciprocating saws in the world today
- With this saw, you get the benefit of having an incredible stroke length of 7/8 inches, which will allow you to perform more varied work, and with a pivoting shoe it allows for far more varied work and as we mentioned earlier having an adjustable shoe would be very beneficial indeed
- For your convenience, this particular model is powered by a 20v motor meaning that it is capable of cutting through the toughest of materials with cutting speeds of up to 3000 strokes per minute, which are speeds that you would expect from only the highest quality brands
- Finally, this particular saw boasts dimensions of 15.6 by 3.4 by 7.1 inches and comes at a weight of just under five pounds so you can carry it with you, without exerting too much effort. You should also be able to purchase this particular saw anywhere between $30 to $50 and todays exact price can be checked below.
2, The DEWALT 12 Amp Corded Reciprocating Saw - DWE305
- Up next, we have the DEWALT DWE305 12 Amp Corded Reciprocating Saw. Over the last few years DeWalt has proven to be one of the most well respected and reliable manufactures of corded and cordless power tools, and this reciprocating saw is no exception
- One of the main reasons why DeWalt power tools are so respected is because of their powerful motors, and this particular saw boasts a extremely reliable 12 amp motor, which will allow you to perform heavy duty tasks and cut through materials such as wood, drywall, metals and plastics
- With this saw you are capable of speed up to 2900 strokes per minute, and you have the added ability of being able adjust the speeds of the speed of the blade, which will allow you to have more precise control over the saw, and with the four-position blade, you have more variety
- In addition to this, this reciprocating has a stroke length of 1/8, which allows for cuts with far more depth, and the comfortable grip on the saw, makes it a joy to use, and once again this saw has very reasonable dimensions of 19.2 by 9.4 by 4 inches and comes in weighing just over 8 pounds and comes in at a price range generally of around $80 to $100 depending on discount activities.
3, The Ryobi 18V Cordless One+ Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw - P514
- For our third item, we will be outlining the Ryobi P514 18V Cordless One+ Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw, which you can see has the incredible advantage of being cordless, meaning you do not have to worry about being near a power source, when using one. Of course, this is one of the saws main benefits, but there are more
- Another benefit of the saw is its vibration resistant handle, allows you to use the saw for many hours without it becoming uncomfortable to handle, and also allows for you to make more precise cuts. Also, the non-slip grip will be very beneficial in preventing any accidents to yourself or others
- With this saw, you have the added feature of being easily able to replace the blades, without having to purchase any special blade removal materials, which can be extremely expensive, and with over 3000 strokes per minute, you are capable of some extremely precise cuts
- If you happen to have any other Ryobi products laying around your tool shed, this product will allow you to use their batteries with this reciprocating saw, so that will save you a lot of money in the long run. Despite all these features, this product won’t cost you that much and is generally seen as one of the lower priced options available.
4, The Makita 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw - JR3050T
- Next, we will be discussing the extremely popular Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw, which is quickly becoming one of the most well used and best-selling reciprocating saw on the market today. Makita products are considered to be amongst the reliable manufacturers of power tools in the world.
- As with all Makita tools, the one thing that you can be assured of is the power of its motor and this reciprocating saw 11-amp motor, should be powerful enough to work on most heavy-duty applications, and boasts an impressive 1/8-inch stroke, for more in depth cuts
- Once again, this saw has a variable speed trigger, to allow you to make more precise cuts, and with the addition of ball and needle bearings, you can be assured of the long life of this product, and with this saw, you also have the benefit of being able to replace blades, without the need to purchase any extra equipment
- Finally, for your convenience this product also includes a plastic storage case, to allow you to safely store the product when it is not in use, but also to make transporting the product a lot easier and with a weight of just over 7 pounds, this makes it very easy to operate and carry around with you.
5, The SKIL 9206-02 7.5-Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw
- Next, we have one of the newer models on our list the SKIL 9206-02 7.5-Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw, which has proven to be one of the most popular saws for the less experienced users, as has been widely praised for its easy to use features, that will make even the most inexperienced person an expert in a matter of hours
- With this saw, you have an extremely reliable 7.5-amp motor, which should be more than enough for someone who needs a reciprocating saw but are worried about having to use an extremely powerful motor. Also, the smooth grooving on the saws handle, make this an extremely comfortable saw to operate
- Speaking of being comfortable, this saw is vibration resistant, meaning that you can use it for many hours, without it feeling uncomfortable, and with the inclusion of the pivoting foot you can be assured of more stability when operating the saw, so accidents are far less likely to occur
- Once again, this product does not require you to purchase any extra equipment to replace the blades, and with its dimensions of 20.8 by 6 by 3.8 inches you should have no problem finding room for one in your garage. This product should cost you no more than $50 when last viewed on sale with Walmart
6, The Hyper Tough 6.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- We will now be looking at the Hyper Tough 6.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw, which can be found in most of the major retailers all over the world and is renowned for its durability and its extremely efficient motor, that will allow you to cut through materials, such as wood, plastics and metals etc
- Once again, this tool has a variable speed trigger to allow you to have much more control over your product when you are cutting through the various different material, and with the addition of the adjustable shoe, you have much more control over the product, which would be of great benefit to a beginner who is unfamiliar with this type of product
- For your added benefit, removing damaged blades on this saw require no extra cost, and if you follow the instruction manual carefully you should be able to remove the blades without any problem and with a cord length of 1.8 metres, you should have enough flexibility to get your work done
- Finally, this saw comes with the added feature of having no load speed and is capable of speeds reaching 3000 strokes per minute and with a weight of under 5 pounds and dimensions of 18.11 by 3.15 by 5.71 Inches finding room for this product should not cause too much hassle. The purchase price here tends to be very low and I have seen it for sale with Walmart for less than $40 which can be viewed below.
7, The Worx 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw and Jigsaw - WX550L
- Up next, we have the extremely reliable and popular Worx WX550L 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw and Jigsaw, which as you can read from the description is able to switch between a reciprocating saw and a jigsaw, to allow the user to perform more functions
- Despite essentially being two products in one this item has been widely praised for how compact and light it is. Also, with the two in one feature of this tool you will save a lot of money and hassle that comes, with purchasing a separate jigsaw, and once again changing the blades requires no extra tools
- For the benefit of the customer, this item features an orbital axis, meaning that you are able to move the blades up and down as well as back and forth, which of course gives you a lot more variety in doing many different tasks, and as an assurance of the power of this saw it is powered by a 20v motor
- With this saw you are capable of a stroke length of ¾ inches and up to 3000 strokes per minute, so it should satisfy even the most professional users, Despite being two products in one, the dimension of this item is 0.98 by 5.95 by 5.75 Inches and should cost you just anywhere between $80 to €130
8, The Rockwell ShopSeries 8 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw Kit
- For the eight placed product on this list, we have the Rockwell Shop Series 8 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw Kit, which is slowly gaining increasing popularity for being extremely easy to use with its lightweight design and its extremely comfortable to grip handle, that makes using the saw a very enjoyable experience
- For the added benefit of the customer this product also comes with an integrated light so that you will be able to work through the night if you have to, although be sure to be well rested as you are more likely to injure yourself if you are tired and the ability to adjust the speed as high as 2500 strokes per minute, you are capable of cutting through some really tough material
- For the added convenience of the customer this product comes equipped with a carrying case to allow for increased mobility, and with a weight of under 10 pounds carrying around the saw will not cause you to suffer from too much fatigue, and with two extra blades included you do not need to worry about the extra costs of new bladed
- Finally, this product comes with an adjustable foot plate to allow you to have far more freedom in using the saw, and with a cost of around $50, you should really consider taking a closer look here.
9, The PORTER-CABLE 7.5 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw - PCE360
- Next up, we have the highly reviewed and rated PORTER-CABLE PCE360 7.5 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw, which has proven over the past few years to be one of the more versatile circular saws in the market today with a number of special feature that make it an extremely valuable tool to have in your garage
- With this tool, you have the benefit of an extremely powerful and trustworthy 7.4 -amp motor capable cutting through numerous materials, such as wood and plastics, and with the variable speed function you will have a lot more control over the blades, and with the ergonomic grip allows
- Also, the additional pivoting shoe allows you to have much more manoeuvrability over the saw, and enable you to use the saw in the most difficult to reach places, also with the tool free blade change will allow you to save a lot of money as you do not have to buy any extra tools to remove the blades
- Once again this is an extremely portable tool, that is perfect for any carpenter to have in his van and has incredibly impressive dimensions of just 4 by 7 by 23 inches, weigh of just six pounds, and long cord make the saw extremely easy to manoeuvre.
10, The Milwaukee Super Sawzall 13A Orbital Reciprocating Saw with Rotating Handle - 6523-21
- Last on the list is the Milwaukee Super Sawzall 13A Orbital Reciprocating Saw with the rotating handle which has proven to be very popular among tradesmen that are particularly fond of tools under the Milwaukee brand.
- Here you get the Quik-Lok blade clamp which is fantastic for blade changes without having to use any additional tools
- There is also the 360-degree handle that rotates and locks at 45 degree increments and has the ability for continuous rotation which helps to speed up the work and cut back on wasting time.
- Included here also is the carry case and 2 super Sawzall blades, it weighs approx. 15 pounds and has dimensions of 22.40 by 11.06 by 5.31 in inches. Price wise - this saw does come in a lot higher than many others and has been seen on sale for between $200 to $250 region.
In addition, feel free to take a closer look at popular Reciprocating Saws by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Reciprocating Saws and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!!