Hello once again and welcome to this review for the Best Portable Ice Makers for your home which can be easily ordered online across 3 separate channels to choose from. If you are looking for a reliable, sleek looking and trusted portable ice maker, then take a quick look through this list which will accommodate everyone’s needs as we have outlined both premium and inexpensive options.
Many refrigerators have their own dedicated freezer or ice making compartments but for many who need better options for entertaining their guests and generating more ice quickly and easily, then a dedicated ice maker will be the solution for you. There are 2 types of Ice makers to choose from:
1. Portable Ice Maker which can sit on your table or countertop (no installations necessary and less expensive)
2. Under-counter Ice maker that can be built in (installation necessary and more expensive)
To ensure you get the best and most reliable ice maker for your home to entertain your guests, then take a view through the 10 models outlined below and also make sure you view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
Some Frequently Asked Questions on Portable Ice Makers…
Q. How long does it take to make Ice?
A. The Ice can be made in less than 7 minutes on average, some models only 6 minutes
Q. How much Ice can the produce in once day?
A. Models will vary - as a guide some can deliver 30 to 35 Ibs per days while others are 20 to 25 Ibs per day.
Q. How big are the Portable Ice Makers?
A. They vary in size from model to model, for example the Della is 15 by 11.5 by 13.5 and the Igloo ICE117 is 4.75 by 14.50 by 14.75 in inches as a guide.
Q. How much ice can they store?
A. It depends on the model - many hold 1.5 Ibs of ice while others can hold 2.5 Ibs of ice and some can hold slightly more
Q. Do you need to drain away the water from the melted ice?
A. This is model dependant, many models have it set up that the melted water drains back into the reservoir such as the model outlined in number 9 below.
Best Portable Ice Makers Reviewed – 10 Models (across 3 Channels)
1, The Della 35 lb. Daily Production Freestanding Ice Maker
- First on the list is the Della 35 lb. Daily Production Freestanding Ice Maker which has received numerous positive reviews and feedback from previous buyers which is always an added bonus.
- With this ice maker, you get your ice in a matter of a few minutes to accommodate those family events of parties among friends so no one will be left out without any ice for their beverages.
- It has a nice attractive display with a stylish design and it has the capacity to hold 1.5 Ibs of ice at any given time. There is also the see-through window so that you can see for yourself how the ice production process is performing.
- This ice maker also features a 2.3 quart capacity water reservoir that can make up to 26 lbs of ice in a 24 hour period and you can create ready-to-serve ice in an average of 6 minutes only.
- The weight here is 21 Ibs, the size is approx. 15'' H by 11.5'' W by 13.5'' D in inches and the price when last viewed at Wayfair tends to be in the $120 to $150 region which can be double checked below.
2, The Igloo Compact Ice Maker - Stainless Steel (ICE117)
- Second on this list is the Igloo Compact Ice Maker which is made from Stainless Steel model number ICE117 and came come in 2 colors - Silver or Black.
- Once thing here also is the fact that you can get 2 different ice size settings for added flexibility and it has the ability to make approx. 26 Ibs of ice over a 24 hour period.
- The noise level here is extremely low at 38 DB and the inside reservoir holds just under 1 gallon. It can also hold a capacity of 2.5 Ibs of ice at any given time and it tends to have the ice ready in less than 7 minutes.
- It can be moved around your kitchen easily and can be used on boats, RV’s etc and the window on the top allows you to see how the ice is coming along.
- The size dimensions here that you need to know are 4.75 by 14.50 by 14.75 in inches and the price bracket at Walmart tends to be around $80 to $130 depending on discount activities.
3, The hOmeLabs Portable Ice Maker Machine for Counter Top (26 lbs of Ice per 24 hours)
- This portable ice maker from hOmeLabs has the ability to make 26 lbs of ice in a 24-hour period and can deliver them in a quick 6 minutes – it also has the auto shut off system once the ice basket is filled.
- The capacity at any given time for the basket is 1.5 Ibs of ice and the batches are done in 9 oval shaped ice cubes over 8 to 12 minutes and a small BPA free ice scoop is included if you buy.
- Another thing should know is that it only weighs 19.4 Ibs so it is easy to move around your home or wherever you need it and it features modern refrigeration technology with a quiet compressor cooling so you will hardly even notice that it is there.
- In terms of dimensions, this ice make comes in at just 9.5 by 12.9 by 14 in inches, it is safe and ETL certified and all you have to do to get it started us simply to plug it in and it works off 120 watts.
4, The Aicok Counter Top Ice Maker Machine (10 Minutes)
- Next on the list for you to consider is the Aicok Counter Top Ice Maker Machine which has received several positive reviews and ratings in recent months and delivers ice in a quick 10 minutes so there is n need for you to run to the local store.
- This model can make over 26 Ibs of ice in a 24 hour period, it is made from stainless steel and has the 2 quart water tank included.
- When you switch it on, you can get 9 pieces of ice in only 10 minutes and hold 1.5 Ins of ice at any given time with it capacity. It also provides 3 different ice cube sizes for you to choose from giving you extra flexibility and has additional features such as the refill alarm, auto shut off and a clock timer.
- Please note also that this is an ETL approved product and comes with a 2 year warranty and the price can be easily checked below. The dimensions here for you to note is 9.8" L by 14.17" W by 12.87" H and weighs less than 26 Ibs
5, The NewAir 28 lb. Daily Production Freestanding Ice Maker
- This ice maker from NewAir has the ability to deliver 28 Ibs of ice over a 24 hour period and a mix of different colors are available for you to choose from which can be explored further below.
- One thing that you will like is the contemporary style and design and the time to make the ice can vary from 6 minutes up as far as 15 minutes depending on your settings and individual requirements.
- There is also the push button control system, the refill alarm light and also the auto shut off when the ice basket is full. You can choose from 3 different ice cube sizes and the refill time tends to be approx. 20 minutes. The ice maker basket also can hold 2.15 Ibs of ice at any given time.
- This model is also ETL listed, it weighs 24.3 Ibs and the size dimensions for your countertop is 15'' H x 11.75'' W x 14.5'' D in inches.
- Color alternatives available to choose from are cyan blue, Black, red, silver and orange which gives great flexibility when it comes to picking a color to fit in with the style of your home.
- In terms of warranty, you get 1 year and the price bracket when last viewed at Wayfair ranged from $180 up as far as $230 depending on promotional activity.
6, The Igloo Portable Countertop Ice Maker (ICE102)
- Another very popular ice maker is the Igloo Portable Countertop Ice Maker model number ICE102 which is definitely worth taking a closer look at which operates with a power level of 160 watts and also has the compressor cooling feature.
- The noise level associated here is quite low at only 42 DB and the basket here can hold 2 Ibs of ice cubes. The water reservoir here also has a capacity of 3.1 liters and the production capacity here is 26 Ibs of ice over a 24 hour period.
- Please be aware also that this ice maker can give you different sizes of ice cubes to choose from and is available in a selection of different colors be it silver, white or red depending on your individual tastes.
- The dimensions you need to consider for your countertop is 15 by 11.25 by 14.5 in inches and the price at Walmart tends to be around $80 to $120 when last viewed.
7, The Igloo Compact Ice Maker - Stainless Steel with Oversized Ice Basket (ICE103)
- Another popular Ice maker under the Igloo brand is the Compact Ice Maker from made from stainless steel and the oversized ice basket model number ICE103 which can hold slightly ore ice than the model mentioned above – this model can hold 2.2 Ibs of ice in its ice basket.
- There are also 3 different types of ice cubes to choose from be it large, small or medium and it operates off a lower power level of 120 watts when compared to the model mentioned above.
- Again, it is made from stainless steel, it features the cooler compressor and similarly it can produce 26 Ibs of ice over a 24 hour period. Like the other models, it is just a matter of plugging it in to get it started.
- The dimensions are slightly wider but nothing to get too worried about as it comes in at 15.9 by 13.38 x 16.77 in inches and the Walmart price bracket tends to be in the $100 to $130 region which can be double checked below.
8, The Hamilton Beach Portable Ice Maker - 26 lb. Capacity - Black Stainless Steel (PIM-2-3A)
- Another Ice maker that has proven to be very popular is the Hamilton Beach Portable Ice Maker that has a 26 lb capacity model number PIM-2-3A and comes in a Black color and is also made from stainless steel.
- This model has proven also to very easy to move around the kitchen as the weights is only 19 Ibs
- For your countertop, the size you need to allow for is 12.5 H by 14 L by 9.5 W in inches and over the course of 24 hours, it can give you approx. 26 Ibs of ice. Generally, it gives 9 cubes every 7 minutes there or there abouts and you get an ice scoop included if you buy which is one less thing to worry about.
- This model also allows for 2 different sizes of ice cubes and comes with a very low level of noise and a high efficiency compressor to ensure product longevity. Price wise it would be considered very competitive and todays price can be checked out below.
9, The Whynter 49 lb. Daily Production Freestanding Ice Maker
- Next on this list is the popular Whynter Freestanding Ice Maker which has the ability to produce 49 lbs of ice on a daily basis and can make 12 ice cubes every 10 to 15 minutes and also features the 5-liter manual water reservoir for your needs.
- The basket is also larger in that it can hold 2.7 Ibs of ice at any given time and you also get an attractive LED panel which includes a self cleaning mode and also has the stainless steel cabinet.
- There is the ice scoop included as standard and comes with the ETL certification. The water which melts doesn’t need to be drained away as it is filtered back into the reservoir and it comes with the auto shut off features once it becomes filled.
- It terms of power, it operates off 170 watts and the weight it heavier also at 38 Ibs so please be careful with moving it about. The size you need to consider is 17'' H by 15'' W by 17.25'' D in inches and the price region at Wayfair tends to be $270 to $330 (the warranty available here is also 1 year)
10, The Magic Chef 27 lb. Freestanding Ice Maker
- Last on the list is the Magic Chef 27 lb freestanding ice maker which comes in 4 different colors namely black, silver, red and white which gives a great choice to blend in with your home interior.
- It has the ability to make 27 Ibs of ice over a 24 hour period and offers ice cubes in 2 different sizes. Generally speaking the ice can be made in approx. 7 minutes and the ice bucket has the capacity of 1.5 Ibs of ice.
- There is also the digital panel to show you when it needs to be changed and you also get the see-through window to see how the ice making is progressing. It has an exterior drain and also has the water reservoir and makes 9 ice cubes in every cycle.
- The size for your countertop needs to be able to accommodate 11.8'' H by 9.5'' W by 16'' D in inches and the price bracket can range anywhere from $130 up as far as $200 when last viewed at Wayfair which depends on discount activities. A warranty of 1 year is also included.
If you wish, further Ice makers can be compared by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Ice makers by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that others in the community can learn also!
Many thanks for taking the time to visit and best of luck with your final decision