Greetings once more and welcome to this review for the Best Microwave ovens which are available at present. Nowadays a kitchen cannot be considered as a complete kitchen without having a microwave oven. It might possible that you have only been using the microwave to make pop popcorn and heat up your coffee, however in the mature world, there are a lot of helpful reasons for investing in a quality microwave, to unfreeze meats, bake side dishes, warm last night's leftovers, melt baking ingredients, hot up beverages to a not so-scalding temperature, and ace the art of timing thanks to these intuitive microwaves that get it right. With advanced pre-programmed buttons that advise you the right temperature and timing for the job at hand, it's now so easy to operate a microwave.
When you are going to shop, select for the right model, consider the size, price, and type (countertop or over-the-range), depending on your kitchen space. In general, the systems of a microwave oven is separated into two essential sections, the control section and the high-voltage section. Microwave ovens utilize different combinations of electrical circuits and mechanical devices to generate and control an output of microwave energy for cooking and heating.
Tips and Points to consider before you buy a Microwave Oven for your Kitchen…
Size: Check the outside size you need as microwaves come in several sizes, usually ranging from 10 by 18 by 14 in to 14 by 24 by 20 inches. To choose the right size for you, first establish where you will place your oven. Then, consider how large your kitchen counter is and how much food you expect to be cooking. Measure the space where you plan to put your microwave prior to purchasing the appliance. However, dimensions can be found on the model page for each microwave model.
Models: Countertop models are the generally popular. Over the range models are just that, they’re installed over the range. The built-in category includes models designed only to be built in, surrounded by cabinetry into the wall. Microwave drawers fall in this group and can be placed under the countertop or below a wall oven. However, some countertop models can be converted to built-ins with a special kit.
Capacity: Ensure the inside capacity you need. The internal capacity of a microwave can range from less than 1 cubic foot to over 2 cubic feet. This will typically be listed on the box when you purchase it and can assist you determine whether your preferred dishes will fit inside the microwave easily.
Turntable: a revolving glass plate or turntable inside your oven to make sure even cooking. Otherwise, you will need to stop the microwave several times and turn the food by hand. The majority of microwaves have removable turntables. Some new versions also have rectangular trays that slide back and forth.
Interlocks: This safety feature cannot be readily seen but guarantees that the microwave oven will not run if the door opens. Most ovens have 2-3 interlocks. If one lock fails, the backup lock will work.
Variable Power Controls: You do not always need to use your microwave at full power. Variable power lets you change the setting level. You can simmer food at 50% power or defrost at 30%.
Child Lockout: Child-proof doors are particularly important on microwave convection units, where dishes may be extra hot when they come out of the oven. Child-proof doors can be locked and released using a keypad.
Automatic Sensors: The new tools can tell when food is adequately cooked by measuring steam in the oven. You don’t have to set a timer. The microwave automatically shuts off, guaranteeing that food will not be overcooked or undercooked.
Some Frequently Asked Questions from users and buyers of Microwave ovens…
Q: Why is it prohibited to use metal objects in microwave ovens?
A: Microwave radiation is reflected by metal. When in excess of radiation is heading to one point this will result in sparking, and is expected to damage the microwave oven.
Q: What is difference between crisp microwaves and other microwaves?
A: The crisp function uses 3 heat sources at the same time. This allows you to use the special crisp plate that maintains a temperature of 210 degrees C (the perfect temperature for crisping). The crisp plate enables you to brown sausages, crisp bacon, produce perfect pizzas and even fry eggs.
Q: Are microwaves unsafe?
A: Absolutely no, as long as the microwave oven door remains close when in running, there is no hazard from the microwave energy. It is, though, important that you do not try internal/electronic parts repair. Due to the high risk of electrocution, only repair professionals should attempt such repairs.
Q: Why does popping or arcing occur in the microwave?
A: To reduce the likelihood of electric shock, unplug this microwave from the power supply before doing any maintenance or cleaning. Popping sounds are usually caused by the food item being cooked in the microwave. Food items with a higher fat content will pop and sizzle as they cook. Covering the container will reduce this. Noises can also be heard when cooking foods with tight membranes such as potatoes. Clean up spills in the microwave as soon as they occur. Running the microwave unfilled may also cause a popping to occur and can damage the inside. Always have something in the microwave when in use. Using metal or metal-trimmed cooking utensils in the microwave causes arcing in a microwave.
Q: Is it possible to dry food or herbs in the microwave?
A: Well these items are strongly not recommended, as microwaves are designed to hold the moisture content in foods, not dry them. In addition, fruits have a high sugar content and will have a great tendency to burn if they are overcooked. However, herbs such as parsley, celery leaves and other herbs can be dried in the microwave because they have a very minimum amount of moisture.
Best Microwave Ovens – 15 models (Amazon 7 / Wayfair 3 / Walmart 5)
1, The hOmeLabs 1050 watt Countertop Microwave Oven (1.3 cu ft Popcorn Pizza Maker)
- When you are busy in working, from time to time you need some good quick food, that’s where the home Microwave Oven comes in. With 10 cooking power levels, 7 pre-programmed settings and a speedy cook function, you don't need to wait for a great food at the perfect temperature. Its slick matte black exterior and stainless steel handle which looks enormous on your kitchen countertop.
- It has capacity of 1.3 cubic with special features of 11 cooking functions. It is perfectly suitable both small apartments and large home kitchens. This microwave oven model has appropriate settings for pizza, popcorn, steamed vegetables and more with a quick touch button, as well as defrost options by weight or time, and speed cook for quick reheating.
- Modern microwave for counter includes a turntable for cooked food and safety lock function for children with LED display. It has excellent features of 6 quart capacity of 1.3 cubic feet, 1050 watt microwave oven for counter measures dimensions of 20.44 by 16.78 by 12.4 inches with 40 pounds weight and is designed for AC power use only (see user-friendly instructions in box for full product details).
- hOme model comes with 2 year warranty and has weight of 38 pounds and the price when last checked can range anywhere from $120 to the $150 region
2, The Panasonic Countertop Microwave Oven - Genius Cooking Sensor & Popcorn Button, 1.3 cu. Ft – 1100w (NN-SU696S)
- This Panasonic NN-SU696S Countertop Microwave Oven has capacity of 1.3 cubic feet which provides 1100 watts of high cooking power and fits efficiently on a kitchen counter. With a touch of the Genius Sensor cooking button, this takes the guesswork out of microwaving by automatically setting power levels and adjusting cooking or reheating time.
- The sensor measures the amount of steam produced during cooking and signals the microprocessor to calculate the remaining cooking time at the appropriate power level. It can fit a 12" casserole dish.
- You can cook your favorite foods with 7 pre-programmed settings potatoes, fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables, frozen pizza, frozen entrée, casserole, meat with devoted buttons for microwaved popcorn, sensor cook and keep hot functions.
- Microwave popcorn with the push of a button and 3 power level options. Complies with 2016 DOE Energy Conservation Standards. It has weight of 35.3 pounds with dimensions of 20-7/16" L by 16-5/8" W by 12-3/8" H.
- This model has shiny design with touch-button control panel and four-digit display give a high-end look, 1 touch sensor cook and reheat options.
3, The RCA BLACK Microwave Oven - 0.7 cu. Ft (RMW733)
- As soon as you take notice of the name RCA microwaves, right away you think of quality built, reasonably priced microwaves. The RMW733-Black model comes with excellent features at the right price.
- This fantastic model with 700-watt output and the 10 power levels, this microwave oven is over built and moderately priced.
- It is enormous looking and trouble-free to use microwave is great for any dorm or home office. You can use it on kitchen counter top if you have a small residence. It's ideal for just about anybody. RCA, the leader in solid microwaves.
- The weight of this model is 25.6 pounds. RCA RMW733-Black model has small capacity of 0.7 cubic feet with electronic touchpad, glass turntable with child lock feature, 6 one touch functions you can use for defrost/cooking by weight option easily.
4, The Westinghouse 600-Watt Counter Top Rotary Microwave Oven- 0.6 Cubic Feet
- The simple design of Westinghouse compact microwave oven keeps things fast and easy while delivering the excellence that the Westinghouse name is branded for. The capacity of this oven model is 0.6 cubic foot, with easy grip handle and rounded edges, make this unit perfect for a undersized apartment. This microwave can hold dishware of up to 9.5 inches.
- This unit has dimensions of 17.75 by 12.5 by 10.25 inches with weight of 23.1 pounds. Six power levels of this microwave oven suitable for different cooking household tasks. The mechanical dial controls are extremely simple to use which is good for older people.
- Moreover, the compact size of this model is easy to clean and need minimum maintenance. The detachable glass turntable can go in the dishwasher without any electronic controls failure, which means that the model is not consuming electricity when not in use.
- Easy for you to set the timer that ranges from 1-30 minutes and to select from amongst the 6 cooking power levels. Great for anyone living with in a small area like a dorm or apartment as it takes up little space however still gives the expediency of rapidly cooking your food.
5, The Panasonic Countertop Built-In Microwave with Inverter Technology - 1.2 cu. ft, 1200W (NN-SN686S)
- Panasonic Inverter Technology brings the art of cooking with microwave ovens, delivering luscious flavor, brilliant color, shape and touch to your foods. The reliable release of microwave energy means delicate foods can cook without the boundaries and surfaces overcooking.
- This is the elegant, solid design of the Inverter power unit devotes less space to electronics and provides far more internal capacity. These smaller, more efficient energy and control units are also up to eight pounds lighter than conventional microwave components. All of which adds up to more interior space, while taking up less space on a counter.
- Patented Inverter Technology delivers a seamless stream of cooking power even at low settings for precise cooking that preserves that flavor and texture of your favorite foods
- This Panasonic model comes with 1200 watts power. It has other fantastic features as 5 menu buttons for simple programming, 1.2 cubic foot capacity, 13.4 inches turntable, delay start and Timer, 10 power levels, membrane keypad, push-button door release, 14 pre-set auto cook items including popcorn key.
- It follows 2016 DOE energy conservation standards. It has outside dimensions of 20-11/16 by 15-13/16 by 12-1/4-Inches. If you desire your microwave built in to a new wall or cabinet, Panasonic has discretionary stainless-steel trim kits.
6, The Farberware Classic 1.1 Cubic Ft. 1000-Watt Microwave Oven (FMO11AHTBKB)
- Farberware is a leader in house wares for over a century, their products are designed with the consumer in mind and manufactured to the highest standards. The Farberware classic microwave is the name of power, style and convenience which comes with a lustrous design to homage the kitchen.
- It has excellent features which include 10 power levels and a memory function that stores and remember your chosen cooking settings.
- The Farberware classic offers simple to control digital interface with 1 to 6-minute express cook buttons, time and weight base defrost control options, an add 30 seconds feature, 6 pre-programmed cooking functions of popcorn, pizza, a dinner plate and additional other functions.
- It is a big 1.1 cubic feet cooking capacity microwave oven and 1000 watts of power with a rotating turntable, an ideal multi tasker for your kitchen.
- It has one-year warranty with large food savers with a 12.4-inch turntable and a 13.9 by 14.5 by 9.1 inches cavity.
7, The Sharp 900W Countertop Microwave Oven, 0.9 cu ft. (ZSMC0912BS)
- Sharp's excellent microwave model with capacity of 0.9 cubic feet which is ideal for snacks, beverages, cold meals to heating. It's a not a very big model and fits just about any place, as has as size of 10.6" carousel turntable is big enough for a full-size dinner plate.
- With 900 watts of powered microwave, provide you quick reheating and speedy cooking. It comes with contemporary, brushed stainless steel finish with resistant glass door complements style.
- It has extraordinary user-friendly features of Blue LED display, handy 30 plus seconds key for instant start time cook, time defrost and auto defrost, expedient popcorn, 10.6" Carousel turntable for even cooking and reheating, beverage and reheat settings, one-touch controls make cooking and cleaning easy.
- With years of experience in designing smart, novel microwaves, it’s straightforward to observe that why home cooks all over the world trust Sharp Carousel.
8, The GE 24 inch 2.0 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
- This microwave oven from GR has proven to be very popular and has received several positive customer reviews in the past which is worth noting.
- As it is from the GE brand, it is one of the most trusted names in America, it operates from 1200watts and has a capacity of 2 cubic feet.
- There is the extra-large turntable of 16 inches also, the auto defrost setting, one touch button display, a minute timer and also a control lockout to prevent accidental activation.
- The size of this model is 13.625'' H by 23.875'' W by 19.25'' D and weighs just 48 Ibs.
- In addition, there is a one-year warranty available to you and when last checked, it was available for sale with Wayfair in the $230 to $250 bracket but can be checked further below if needed
9, The Oster 18 inch 0.7 cu.ft. Countertop Microwave
- This is a much smaller model from Oster but has proven to be very popular especially with smaller kitchens or with smaller families.
- There is a capacity of 0.7 cubic feet and uses approx. 700W of power for cooking and reheating and you also get 6 auto cooking one touch menu functions and a digital timer.
- Of course, the alarm goes off once completed, it looks attractive to the eye with its silver and black finish and you get a great handle for opening or closing the appliance.
- There is the child-lock feature, the interior light, a removable glass 9.65-inch turntable and 10 adjustable power levels including the weight defrost feature.
- Size wise, it comes in at 10.3'' H x 18'' W x 14.1'' D, weighs a little over 23 Ibs and a 1-year warranty is provided if you buy. Price also tends to be attractive and has been seen on sale at Wayfair between $80 and $100.
10, The LG NeoChef 18 inch 0.9 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
- This microwave is part of the NeoChef collection and has a capacity of 0.9 cubic feet. It uses 1000w of power and there is also 10 different power levels provided.
- There are 6 wheels here for the turntable where there are generally just 3 which provides additional balance and support to your dish when in operation.
- It includes the smart inverter technology to provide better results, it gives you defrost options by weight, there is the panel touch display with an easy to clean grey interior.
- In addition, it gives you the bright LED light inside and it also has an anti-bacterial costing which can resist stubborn stains making it easier for you in the cleaning process.
- The overall dimensions are 11'' H by 18.7'' W by 14.5'' D and the diameter of the turntable is 11.5 inches.
- It weighs just 36 Ibs, a 1-year warranty is also available and prices can range anywhere from $140 to $170 when last checked.
11, The Panasonic White 2.2 cu ft Microwave Oven
- First off, this microwave oven under the Panasonic brand uses 1250W of cooking power and has a capacity of 2.2 cubic feet.
- There is the standby energy mode to help save you energy costs, a popcorn key for the kids, the quick 30 sec timers and the size of the turntable is 16.5 inches which is ideal for your larger dishes.
- It has an easy to use button control system for setting whatever temperature and meal settings you need and the 4-digit green display with a back light also.
- Included here also if you buy are the child lock system, the inverter turbo defrost feature and there is also the option to choose a black color instead if needed.
- In terms of size, it comes in at 19.44 by 23.88 by 14 Inches and when last checked, it was on sale with Walmart in the bracket $200 to $220 and can be checked further below.
12, The Samsung 1.4 cu.ft. Countertop Microwave (Black Stainless Steel)
- Coming from the trusted brand of Samsung, this countertop microwave oven has a capacity of 1.4 cubic feet and one of the main attractions is the ceramic enamel interior which is scratch resistant and makes cleaning up after easy and simple to do.
- The advanced technology here for the sensor cook will automatically adjust the cooking time which is great to help you make sure the correct settings are used when cooking or reheating your food.
- Inside also there are the 3 microwave distribution points for a thorough cook and heat process so it works evenly throughout the dish and it can be set at Eco mode also to help you save energy when it is not being used.
- This microwave has received numerous positive reviews for performance and reliability and the price is not too bad either and has been seen on sale for around $200 which can be checked below.
13, The Whirlpool 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-The-Range 1000W Combination Microwave Oven (White)
- This microwave oven from Whirlpool is a combination model providing a capacity of 1.7 cubic feet and the diameter of the turntable is 12 inches in diameter.
- It uses 1000w cooking power and can work for a wide variety of food dishes be it pot roast, frozen pizza, soups, party mixes, potato, popcorn and many more
- There is also the recessed turntable which can be stopped at the touch of a button for added safety. Included here also is the hidden vent for easier cleaning and you can set the ventilation as you see fit and also the child lock.
- There is the handy 30 second button timer, the size is approx. 16 by 30 by 17.5 in inches and the price tag can be a little bit higher in the $270 to $300 region.
14, The Frigidaire 1.4 Cu Ft 1100W Countertop Microwave Oven (Black)
- This countertop microwave oven from Frigidaire uses 1000W of cooking power and has a capacity of 1.4 cubic feet. One of the good things here is the control lock option and the ready select control panel which is very easy to use and operate.
- There is the easy to set start buttons that range from 1 minute to 6 minutes that can be set with just the touch of a button, there is also the added 30 second button, the timer, clock and interior light as standard.
- There is also 10 separate power levels, even defrosting capabilities, reheating options, the favorite button from memory and most importantly the multi stage setting which means it can defrost first and cook afterwards.
- The price range is very competitive and I have seen it on sale with Walmart for less than $150 and the overall dimensions you need to take note of are 18.5"L by 21.75"W by 12.9"H.
15, The Hamilton Beach 0.9 cu ft 900W Microwave (Red)
- To add a bit of color in the mix, this model is available in red from Hamilton Beach which is ideal if you want to avoid the standard black, white or grey colors.
- It uses 900W of cooking power and has a capacity of 0.9 cubic feet. A handle is also included in the overall appearance, there is the digital clock and also 10 different microwave power settings available.
- It can work on pizza, frozen dinners, soups, popcorn and many more and has 1 touch cooking features for whatever dish you need to prepare.
- In addition, there is also the child lock and the dimensions for this model is 21.1 by 17.16 by 12.99 in inches.
- Although, it is not as powerful or as popular as some of the other model mentioned above, it has an extremely attractive price tag and when last checked - it was on sale with Walmart for less than $60.
Further Microwave oven stocks can be viewed or compared further by clicking on any of the model images provided below...
On a final note, it's well established that a microwave is a kitchen indispensable. Acquire the accurate model of microwave oven and you will be able to cook meals as well as heat up and defrost food within no time. An extensive variety of microwave ovens in the market being sold for a different range of prices. Selecting the best microwave to fit your requirements can be a reasonably easy process if you consider your cooking objectives and the options on hand to you. Depending on your kitchen, multiple options are available in the above list of microwave ovens models, you can select from countertop, over-the-range, and built-in microwaves.
In addition, please share your own experiences with your own favorite microwave ovens with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below- so that other people in the community can learn also!
Finally, I hope this list for the best microwave ovens has helped you out and best of luck with your final decision.