Updated 2019 - Greetings, and welcome to our review where we will outline ten of the Best Measuring Wheels available on today’s market. Measuring wheels (also known as surveyor wheels) have been around since the 17th century and continues to be one of the most popular measuring tools used today and is pretty much exclusively as a means of surveying and measuring the distance between two points of land.
However, they can also be used to measure the interiors of houses as well as railroad tracks Before we begin our list, there are a number of things to consider before you decide to take out your wallet, such as what to look for when buying a measuring wheel, and what you can do to get the most out of the measuring wheel.
Points to Consider when using a Measuring Wheel…
- Before you go ahead and start using a wheel please read our list of helpful tips which will allow you to get the most out of using the wheel. Please ensure you follow these so that you are able to use the measuring wheel accurately and effectively
- First always make sure that you remove all dirt from the wheel, as dirt on the wheel can affect the wheels rotation and therefore its measurements
- Make sure you keep a steady pace when using the measuring wheel
- Make sure you walk in a straight lone
- Lift the wheel off the ground, when finished taking a measurement
- Always make sure the wheel is set to zero, before you use it
More Points to Consider when Buying a Measuring Wheel…
- Buying the right measuring wheel is not as easy as it looks and there are a number of important things for you to consider before deciding on the right measuring wheel for you. We hope this guide will help you in choosing the right measuring wheel for your needs
- First you should decide on the type of wheel you want, mechanical or electrical. The advantage of a mechanical wheel is that it is easy to use and does not rely on batteries. However, it usually offers only one type of measuring unit. While the electronic wheel offers many different units of measurements, it is also battery reliant
- You should also consider where you will be using the wheel, inside or outside. Obviously, you would want to buy a smaller wheel if you would be mainly using one indoors
- You should make sure which unit of measurement you want to use, so obviously with a mechanical wheel you will not have the ability to switch between different measuring units, so you will have to decide on the measuring unit you want before you buy
- Most wheels offer a 1year warranty, however some can offer a lifetime warranty, so you must decide if a lifetime warranty is necessary
- Also try and get a wheel that comes with a carrying case
Best Measuring Wheels Reviewed – 10 Models
1, The TR Industrial FX Series Collapsible Measuring Wheel (88016)
- To begin our list, we will start by discussing the TR Industrial 88016 FX Series Collapsible Measuring Wheel, which has proven over the years to be one of the most popular measuring wheels available today and comes with a 1-year warranty
- An advantage this wheel has is its comfortable handle grip, which will ensure that no matter how long the distance you need to travel, your hands will remain pain free. The handle also has the added benefit of being collapsible, so it can therefore be used in both and indoor and outdoor setting
- The wheel also lets you measure up to as far as 9,999 feet so it should be more than enough to satisfy your measuring needs, and also comes with a kickstand so that you put it down and take a break if you have a long distance to measure. This wheel also comes with storage bag
- Finally, another great feature of this wheel is its dial which makes it very easy to read measurements and can measure in both feet and inches. You are able to find this wheel anywhere in a price region of $20 to $40 depending where you look.
2, The Komelon Measuring Wheel for Feet 6-Inches (ML1810)
- Next on our list we will discuss we will discuss the Komelon ML1810 Measuring Wheel for Feet, 6-Inch. Komelon has proven time and again to be one of the most popular companies in terms of its quality and reliability, and this measuring wheel is no exception
- With its small dimensions this measuring wheel is perfect for working indoors and if you are a realtor, or a painter, or someone who works indoors this measuring wheel should be more than enough for you. The wheel should also work fine in your garden, but you would want to avoid any rocky terrain
- Please note also that with this measuring wheel you have the ability to measure distances as great as 10,000 meters and once again comes with a comfortable grip to make using the wheel a lot easier to use over long distances. The addition of the kickstand is also very beneficial.
- In addition to this, the measuring wheel comes with a reset button which will allow you to easily reset the counter without any effort and the magnifying lens will make it easier for you to read the measurements. Of course, the most important thing to consider when buying a measuring wheel is the price and for less than $30 when last viewed at Walmart this wheel should be well within your budget
3, The Keson 3-Feet Top Reading Centre Line Measuring Wheel (RRT12)
- Third on our list we have the Keson RRT12 3-Feet Top Reading Centre Line Measuring Wheel, a wheel that continues to gain near universal praise from professionals and amateurs alike and as a show of faith in their product Keson are offering a two-year warranty
- For you added comfort this measuring wheel has a pistol like grip and also has the ability to be reduced to half its size, this is of great benefit to you if you are measuring an area indoors. There is also an easy to reach reset trigger just below the pistol grip, which means you do not have to bend down to reach, so you will avoid any back pain
- With the centre line feature you ensure that your measurements will be far more accurate. Also, the fact that this measuring wheel is foldable, makes it a lot easier to transport around and you should have no problem in trying to find a place to store this measuring wheel
- This product has dimensions of 21 by 14 by 8 inches, weigh only 5.3 pounds and comes with a price value generally under $80 and should be double checked below
4, The TR Industrial FX Series Collapsible Measuring Wheel (TR88017)
- We now come to the second TR Industrial product on our list, the TR88017 FX Collapsible Wheel. As with all TR products this wheel has proven to be extremely popular, and with its dual wheels, allows for even greater balance and the ability to work in a number of different environments
- You are able to measure up to 9,999 feet with this measuring wheel, so it should be more than enough to meet your demands, and its adjustable handle, with an ergonomic grip means it should be comfortable to use for people of all sizes
- This particular measuring wheel was built to work on a variety of different surfaces, such as grass and gravel and indoor areas, so it is perfect for all sorts of different professions. To ease your concern about the accuracy of the wheel TR industries have extensively tested this product on a number of different surfaces
- For your convenience this product comes with the addition of a bag, for both ease of transportation and will also help the wheels from picking up dirt by leaving it laying around loosely. As an added benefit this product should cost no more than $30/$40 when I last seen it on sale with Walmart.
5, The Calculated Industries 6540 Wheel Master Pro 12 Commercial Measuring Wheel + FREE Carry Pack
- Another model for you to take a look at is the Calculated Industries 6540 Wheel Master Pro 12 Commercial Grade Feet-Inch Distance Measuring Wheel. This particular wheel is designed for professional use and comes with both a two-year warranty and a carrying bag
- Once again, this measuring wheel if foldable, and feature a comfortable and easy to grip pistol like handle which has a reset counter on both the handle and the wheel for ease of comfort and can nearly measure distances up to 10,000 feet
- With the addition of the carrying bag pack, this measuring wheel is extremely easy to transport from place to place and is great for working in a number of different situations, such as on construction sites and can also be used to survey land
- As an added benefit this wheel also features a centre line design which allows for even more accuracy with your readings and has an easy to read counter that measures in both feet and inches and the kickstand allows you to take a break over long distances. If you shop around correctly this particular item should cost, you no more than $80/$100 but make sure to check today’s prices below.
6, The Rolatape 24-Inch Single Measuring Wheel (RT312)
- Another extremely popular model is the Rolatape RT312 Aluminium Measuring Wheel, which has gained praise all over the world from both professionals and casual users for both its reliability and its durability. We hope that you get as much enjoyment out of this wheel as millions of people all over the world have.
- Once again, this handle comes a pistol like grip for easy comfort over long distances, and once again it features the ability to fold, which allows for easy transport and also means that you should have no problem finding space for it in your garage
- This measuring wheel has the ability to extend distances of up to 9,999 feet and is perfect for use in a variety of different areas, so whatever your intentions are this measuring wheel should be more than enough to fit your needs, and also comes with the benefit of a kick stand
- Finally, this measuring wheel comes with a 1-year warranty and has product dimensions of 42 inches long when the handle is extended and a diameter of the wheel is 12 inches and weighs just under 28 pounds when assembled. In terms of value, it comes generally with a price tag of between $50 to $70 when last checked at Walmart which should be well within your budget
7, The AdirPro Digital Measuring Wheel
- We are now going to take a closer look at the AdirPro digital measuring wheel, a measuring wheel which is continuing to grow in popularity ever since it was first releases. With this measuring wheel you can accurately measure indoor areas of up to 10,000 ft
- In addition to this the wheel also comes with an LCD backlit screen, that makes it easier for you to read your measurements, and also has the benefit of memory storage so that you can always remember the exact distances of areas you have already measured, which as you can imagine is extremely beneficial
- As usual this measuring wheel comes with an easy to grip handle, which makes it extremely comfortable to grip over long distances and has the ability to measure in both feet and meters so as you can imagine this would be of great benefit to you if you need to switch between units of measurement
- Finally, this measuring wheel also comes with the ability to collapse to a size of 27 inches which allows you to easily store as well as transport the wheel, and it also feature an auto shut off function, which will be of great comfort to you if you accidently forget to turn the wheel off. This wheel should cost you around $40 to $60 in total when last viewed at Walmart which can be easily checked below.
8, The Rolatape 25 in. RT Series Single Measuring Wheel (RT66)
- Take a closer look also at our second Rolatape measuring wheel on this list the Rolatape RT66-25 in single measuring wheel, with a wheel diameter of 25 inches this wheel is best used outside, and has the capability of handling all types of different terrain, so if you intend to measure the size of an area of land this measuring wheel should be perfect for you
- Once again, the measuring wheel has a pistol like handle which is extremely comfortable and easy to grip, meaning that walking long distances with this wheel should cause you no discomfort at all. You will also be able to read distances of up to 10,000 ft with this wheel, which should be more than enough.
- Also, this wheel comes with a foldable handle and dimensions of 29.00 by 26.00 by 6.00 Inches, which allows for easy storage and its weight of only 7.5 pounds means that you can easily transport it around if you need to.
- This wheel has gained a lot of praise the world over for its sturdiness, which allows for far more accurate readings, also many people have said it has proven to be extremely reliable and has lasted them a very long time and can set you back between $80 to $100 depending on discount activities.
9, The Keson Electronic Measuring Wheel (MP401E)
- As we approach the end of our list we will once again be speaking about a Keson model, but this time we will be speaking about an electronic wheel, the MP401E and as we mentioned earlier in our buying guide, electronic wheels have the advantage of having a few different types of unit measurement, in this case feet, inches, meters, and decimetres.
- With this measuring wheel, you are able to measure distances as far as 99,999 ft and would be the perfect tool for you if you intend to use it for landscaping, on construction sites, and can also be used on crime scenes, if that is a part of your profession. All in all, if you need a measuring wheel as part of your profession, this one should be more than enough
- As with all the best measuring wheels, this wheel is center aligned which allows for more accurate readings, and it comfortable to grip handle once again ensures that no matter how many hours in a day you have to use the wheel, your will feel no discomfort in your hands
- With this measuring wheel you get the benefit of having 8 memory storage fields, which will allow you to quickly recall the size of an area you have managed, in case you have forgotten the measurements, with all these added features, this wheel does cost a lot more than many others but is worth it if you have the extra money to spend.
10, The BF TM007 Dual-Foldable 12-Inc Measuring Wheel Orange
- Last on our list we have the TM007 Dual Foldable 12 inch measuring wheel, which is manufactured by Best&Fast one of the more reliable companies in the industry today and has won the affection of people all over the world for its products, reliability and durability
- As its name suggests this measuring wheel is once again foldable, which allows for easy storage and transportation, and its large wheel will allow you to record accurate readings on all types of terrain, and also has the ability to measure areas up to 9,999 feet and of course has an ergonomic handle
- Once again, the addition of a kick stand allows you to take a break if you have a large area to measure and it high traction tyres allow it to work in weather conditions as low as -40F and as high as 176F, and no matter the terrain the measurements remain extremely accurate
- Finally, this item weighs a very respectable 4 pounds and a full length has dimensions of 23 by 13 by 7 inches, and also has an easy to read counter. In term of value and price, it generally can be got for less than $50 but please double check for yourself below. Overall you should have no complaints if you decide to purchase this measuring wheel as it generally seen as a solid and reliable option.
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Measuring Wheel and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!
Many thanks for taking the time to visit and best of luck with your final decision.