Hello once again and thanks for taking the time to visit this review for the Best Log Splitters which are available at present and which can also be delivered to your home hassle free in just a matter of a few days.
As you know - Log splitters are tools which are used to split firewood and hardwood logs and are rated by the tons of force they can generate and they consist of hydraulic or electrical rods and pistons. Before you view the 8 Best Log Splitters outlined below, feel free also to view some safety tips that may be of interest to you outlined below…
Safety Tips when using a Log Splitter:
Safety is very important while doing any job. Personal safety and safety of others are very important as in case of any personal injury you can have a disability for life time. If you cause any injury to other person you might have to face legal claims from that person and you might have to pay big fines. There are few tips that can avoid injuries.
- Always read the instruction manual of your tool that you buy for safety tips, also how to properly operate it. Make sure to follow the operating instructions.
Personal protective equipment is always recommended in every job. Wear work gloves to protect your hands from any kind of cuts and bruises. Sturdy work shoes will protect your feet from the wood falling on the ground.
- If you are working with assistants to bring you the wood make sure you keep them away from the log splitter. There should be only one person near the log splitter. The one who is operating it, also make sure to avoid operating the log splitter on wet, icy or slippery ground and the ground is free of obstructions.
- Both hands should be away from the ends of the log at all times. Keep your hands and arms off the log when the splitter is engaged. Always keep your eyes on the splitter ram and the log. Make sure you are not distracted or looking away not even for a moment because you never know when anything goes wrong.
- If you are uncomfortable about using a hydraulic log splitter then no need to worry, you can call a qualified professional to perform the work for you. Many operators complain about a vibration or chatter that occurs while operating their machine. There are a couple of reasons why this can occur. It is normal for chatter to occur at the end of a stroke but chatter can also happen if the rack and pinion gear is not fully engaged during operation.
- This issue can be avoided; with one hand lift and hold the safety lever up then rapidly press the handle fully forward and hold it firmly until the log is split. Immediately after the log is split pull and hold the handle to the auto retract position; allow the ramp to return. If a log splits earlier than full ramp extension pull the handle back in same manner.
- If the ramp stops before the end of the stroke while splitting a tough log then pull the handle back to auto retract position and change the position of the log to cut it easily.
Frequently asked Questions:
- Q. What are the various types of log splitters?
- A. There are many different types of log splitters. Manual log splitters, gas powered log splitters and electrical log splitters
- Q. What specifications should we keep in mind while buying a log splitter?
- A. There are few things to keep in mind like split force tonnage, engine size, cylinder size and cycle times are all good indicators for a machines performance.
Best Log Splitters Reviewed – 8 Models to Choose From
1, The Sun Joe Electric Log Splitter 5-Ton 15 Amp Hydraulic Ram - LJ602E
- Sun Joe LJ602E is an electric log splitter and it is a very helpful tool to split your wood logs fast and easy. Embrace yourself and make light work of loads of log with Sun Joe electric hydraulic log splitter. Harness the power of the hydraulic pump to quickly generate up to five tons of driving force to easily split logs up to twenty inches long by ten inches wide.
- Simply load your lumber, simultaneously engage the hydraulic control and push button switch and watch as the hydraulic powered log pusher steers the wood along the rail and into the driving wedge. Sun Joe log splitter does all the work so you don’t have to.
- This model of log splitter is crafted of durable solid steel construction and the fifteen amp electric motor is virtually maintenance free for the ultimate and eco-friendly convenience. Rugged rear wheels make it easy to role wherever it is needed to perform the log splitting.
- For dependable log splitting season after season it is a great tool you can have. Say good bye to store bought fire wood and have your own log splitter. Sun Joe electric log splitter is backed by a two year warranty and the price can range from $200 to $250 when last checked on sale with Walmart.
2, The Boss Industrial Electric Log Splitter 7-Ton - ES7T20
- At number 2, we have the Boss Industrial 7 ton Electric Log Splitter with a model number ES7T20 to take note off and this splitter has turned out be highly reliable, efficient and has received numerous positive reviews and ratings from previous buyers in the past.
- The splitting force here comes in at 7 ton and another thing also that you will like is the fact that it has a convenient one hand operation and the auto ram return. There is also the side rails to keep the logs in place as you split them.
- This model can tackle larger type jobs and has the 2 HP electric motor with no harmful emissions so you are making an environmentally friendly choice here. The psi hydraulic pressure comes in at 3500.
- In addition, this splitter provides you with a patented hydraulic system and it can be used not just outdoors but indoors as well. The warranty available here is for 2 years and the price level certainly deserves a closer look if you feel this would be of interest to you.
3, The Sun Joe Logger Joe 10-Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter – LJ10M
- At number 3 we have the Sun Joe LJ10M Logger which is one of the best hydraulic log splitter you can have to split your woods and it is very easy to use. It is a ten ton hydraulic splitter that can split big woods easily with very less force. Ideally this is for logs which are maximum 18 inches long and 8 inches wide.
- You can harness the power of manually operated two speed pump to quickly generate up to ten tons of driving force to easily split logs up to eighteen inches long up to eight inches wide. The Logger Joe is crafted of durable steel construction for reliable power and performance and features a built in log cradle to catch the split pieces for quick easy clean up. No gas, oil or cord is required to operate this splitter
- The simple design is maintenance free and uses no gas or electricity for the ultimate and eco-friendly convenience. It is also very easy to move from one place to another. The rare wheels make it easy to maneuver wherever it’s needed and its compact size makes it a cinch to store.
- It is backed by a full two year warranty. It is a product for unparalleled log splitting performance season after season and will cost anywhere from $120 to $170 when last seen on sale
4, The Dirty Hand Tools 5 Ton Electric Horizontal Log Splitter
- Next you should consider also The Dirty hand Tools five ton electric log splitter which packs a big punch in a small package. The 2300 PSI of hydraulic pressure creates five tons of splitting force. The splitter comes assembled and ready to use with hydraulic fluid already added in the splitter and it is a horizontal log splitter which is a compact powerful machine.
- The log splitter comes with an instant on electric start feature. The instant on electric start means no hassling with gas, oil or pull starting. Just plug the log splitter and start splitting your wood logs, just plug it in and go.
- Also, the five ton log splitter features a four inch steel wedge powered by a fifteen inch hydraulic cylinder with twenty five second cycle time. The one hundred and twenty volt single phase motor brings you reliable log splitting power. You can use it anywhere, where there is electricity you can use it and it has a big log splitting power in a small electric package.
- In addition, the splitter comes with a two year limited warranty and supported by a customer care team who is available for you to help at all times and the costs tend to be somewhat higher in the $300 to $400 region which of course can be double checked below.
5, The Southland Outdoor Power Equipment 6 Ton Electric Log Splitter - SELS60
- At number 5, we have the Southland log splitter SELS60 which is an electric log splitter and it is one of the best outdoor power equipment tools to have in your backyard to split wood logs fast and easy with less effort.
- When an axe is not cutting your wood logs then just save time and effort with the Southland six ton electric log splitter. The 1.75 horsepower induction motor delivers superior performance and makes your job easy. Forget about spending extra energy for splitting wood manually.
- It is also very easy to move the log splitter from one place to another. The seven inch solid rubber wheels and soft grips handle provide easy transportation to the worksite. The log splitter is capable of running on an extension cord, this unit with six tons of force split logs up to twenty point five inches long every eighteen seconds.
- When you are splitting shorter logs the integrated stroke limiter reduces the cycle time which means more logs splitting in less time. The five inch steel splitting wedge splits logs quickly and easily. When finished the vertical design takes up less floor space for convenient storage. This allows you to store it in very small places if you are out of space and the price is lower than what you would expect for a tool of this quality.
6, The Champion 7-Ton Compact Horizontal Gas Log Splitter with Auto Return
- Another splitter than deserves a closer look is the Champion seven ton portable splitter which is a gas log splitter and it is a great log splitting tool to have for easy and comfortable log splitting anywhere you want. Forget about buying wood from the stores and have your own wood, this tool will help in splitting wood in less time.
- The Champion power equipment seven ton log splitter is powered by an eighty cc engine providing seven tons of power. This log splitter can handle logs weighing up to one hundred pounds and twenty inches in length. This unit features a twenty second cycle time and convenient auto return cylinder making it easy to split logs for any purpose.
- This log splitter is very easy to transport from one place to another place and split the wood logs wherever you want. It is powered by gas so you don’t have to worry about carrying cord extensions with your splitter. The ten inch never flat wheels and integrated handle allow you to transport the log splitter wherever you need it.
- The length of the log splitter is only fifty four inches long and eighteen inches high. This compact unit can be stored almost anywhere you want to store it. It is a powerful and dependable tool to have. It is supported by two year limited warranty with free lifetime technical support but be prepared to spend more as it can range anywhere from $500 to $600 when last seen on sale which depends on discounting activities.
7, The Dirty Hand Tools 22 Ton Horizontal Vertical Log Splitter - Kohler Engine
- At number 7, we have the Dirty Hand Tools 22 Ton Horizontal Vertical Log Splitter which is a twenty two ton log splitter and makes labor intensive log splitting a thing of the past. The six and half horsepower 196 cc Kohler courage engine provide reliable performance and delivers twenty two tons of splitting force to the heat treated eight inch steel wedge.
- Making quick work of logs up to twenty four inches in length and thirty six inches in diameter, the two stage thirteen gallon per minute hydraulic pump will allow you to break down the toughest wood pile in a fraction of the time that you are used to. With an industry leading ten point nine second cycle time.
- The fully boxed steel beam with cleated footplate and replaceable stripper plates securely holds the log in position while splitting and safely clears logs that become hung up on the wedge. It comes with a rare design; the innovative pivoting beam design makes it easy to switch the log splitter into the vertical splitting position making it nearly effortless to split rounds too heavy or awkward to lift.
- It is backed by warranty and supported by a customer care team to solve any issues you face related to the splitter and you can expect to pay around the $1000 level when we last checked the sales price.
8, The WEN 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand – 56207
- The last splitter on this list for today is the WEN 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with the stand included and comes under model reference number 56207 and has proven to be extremely popular with its effective performance levels and overall price levels which tend to be lower than people would expect.
- Included here for you is a powerful 15A 2.5 horsepower motor which has the capacity to produce over 13k pounds of log splitting pressure so it makes your job of splitting your logs a breeze. The stand is included but please be aware that the unit can be used with or without the actual stand support.
- The dimensions of the logs that it can work on are maximum 10 inches in diameter and also 20,5 inches in length and the wheels included are 5,5 inches in diameter and never go flat which is a major plus when moving to different jobs that need to be done.
- Please note also that there is a 20 second cycle time here and a 16 inch square inch push plate for operational purposes. It is also backed by a 2 year warranty and the price level is certainly one of the best we have seen for a tool of this quality and can be checked below if you are interested in taking a closer look.
In addition, feel free also to compare prices further of popular Log Splitters by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own Log Splitting experiences good or bad by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!