Hello to all the Juicer enthusiasts out there and welcome to this detailed review of the Best Juicers which are available across the market at present. A juicer is a common machine used in almost every kitchen to extract fresh juice from all types of fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables and the main benefit of the juicer is that you don’t have to eat all vegetables and fruits but it squeezes out the juice from the pulp, without losing any the nourishing ingredients inside of them.
The primary job of the good juicer is to extract 100% of juice from the fruits and vegetables and in this way, you can enjoy fresh, nourishing and delicious 100% juice without dealing with the pulp yourself. Most modern juicers are operated by electric motors placed in the juicer housing and are capable of producing a power from 200 to 1000 or more watts for extracting the juice you need. There are many different types of electric juicers - based on their way of extracting the juice and the most common type of juicers available in market are centrifugal and masticating type juicers.
Juicer Types Overview:
Centrifugal (also known as a high-speed juicer) usually, most common type of the juicers is the centrifugal type. It consists of metal blade and mesh filter fast that spins against each other at fast speeds, as a result the centrifugal force is created and separates juice from the flesh. The juice obtained from the juicer nozzle and pulp is separated into another container. The main disadvantage of the centrifugal juicers is that due to the fast-spinning motion of the metal blade - lots of heat is generated, which can damage and oxidizes the enzymes and nutrients present in the fruits and vegetables so the nutritious value of the juice can be decreased.
Masticating (also known as a cold pressed juicer) in these new type of juicers, juice is obtained by first crushing and then pressing the fruits and vegetables for the highest juice yield. These juicers worked on the principle of crushing and pressing so no heat is produced and keeps more of the fresh ingredients intact.
Triturating juicer (known as two gear juicer) - A twin gear juicer consists of two gears which move together and squeezes the juice of fruits and vegetables by pressing them together between the two interconnecting roller gears. The juice produced is highly nutritious and contains lot of vitamins and enzymes. One thing to note is that this juicer tends to be more expensive, difficult to clean and difficult to set up after washing.
Points and Tips to Consider before you buy a Juicer…
Research: Purchasing a juicer may sound like a simple task but with the wide variety of brands and types available in the market today, it can be quite challenging to decide which juicer is best for you. Before purchasing any home or kitchen appliance, it is veryimportant to consider few important variables which may help you in making a sound decision.
Maintenance: Ease of cleaning and its maintenance is a key factor in a selection of any kitchen appliance. One should elect a juicer which is easy to clean up, maintenance and setup. If user has to spend lot of time on a juicer after using then it is of little value. So select a juicer that is easy to clean and maintain and set up.
Pulp Ratio: The efficiency of good juicer can be calculated by it juice to pulp ratio. Its mean it should produce drier pulp. The production of drier pulp means that most of the juice has been extracted from the fruits and vegetables. If the pulp contains large amount of juice, its means the juicer is not working well. Therefore, you have to re-juice the pulp to collect remaining juice.
Warranty: Don’t compromise on the warranty of manufacturer during buying your juicer because it will give you consumer security. In this way you can replace it back if it stops working due to no fault of your own - So do not buy a juicer with no warranty included. Therefore, always check out a manufacturer’s warranty and also be clear what your warranty covers like motor damage, some minor part damage, etc.
User Reviews: At the end, it’s better to read the customers reviews about different types and brands of juicers. The users’ ratings on a product will tell you a lot about the advantages and disadvantagesof particular products. The experience of different customers can give you a true picture about the specifications of juicer you are planning to purchase.
Vibration Grip: Stability means how stable is the machine during operation and is a very important parameter during selecting any juicer. Normally juicers vibrate or shake when they are in use. That’s why it’s better to buy the juicer with wide heavy base and non-slip grip. It will provide the stability and steadiness to the juicer during its operation.
Briefly then some Frequently Asked Questions about Juicers:
Q. What is the advantage of buying a Juicer?
A. You get a natural juice that’s fresh and free from any preservatives or colorings
Q: Which is the best type of juicer?
A: The best juicer is the one that is the thoroughly fits your demands and what you want it to do giving you the maximum output of juice to drink while being affordable at the same time.
Q: Should I remove the fruits skin before using?
A: No, there is no need to peel of fruits, it will be separated with the pulp and is collected in a separate container. However, it is good to remove any seeds that may damage the juicer.
Q: Which speed is best for different fruits?
A: The general rule for juicing is that use the lower speeds (rpm) of blade for softer fruits and the higher speeds for harder fruits and vegetables.
Q: What should I do if my juicer won´t turn on?
A: Most of the juicers have a safety interlock system. Its means if the main juicing bowl or lid are not fitted correctly together properly then the machine will not start up – so make sure they are locked tight.
Q: Which juicer gives the most nutritious juice?
A: The twin gear masticating juicers are considered to be the best one in this regard but the Juice extractor machines are quicker and you get the results in a much more convenient and hassle-free manner.
Best Juicers Reviewed – 10 Across 3 different Channels
1, The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer
- The first one on this list is the Big Mouth Juicer from Hamilton Beach brand and this is certainly extremely popular among many people and has received numerous positive reviews which positive feedback throughout.
- This machine will extract juice to the maximum for you, it is high speed, efficient and very easy to clean after use. It has a powerful 800W motor and the feed tube is 3 inches so it will deal with the majority of ingredients you need to add.
- This model has been rated as best buy, the parts are dishwasher safe, a cleaning brush is added in also and you get a recipe book thrown in as well to give you ideas and inspiration to get the most out of it.
- It has the ability to work on hard fruits also along with vegetables and will give you what you need in a matter of seconds.
- The size of this juicer is 12.8'' H by 8.8'' W by 15.8'' D in inches and it weighs a little under 11 Ibs.
- When last checked, there was a 3 year warranty available via Wayfair and the price bracket ranges anywhere from $50 up as far as $90
2, The Breville Compact Juice Fountain 700W Juice Extractor (BJE200XL)
- It is one of the Heavy-duty compact juicer with 700-watt motor which enablesthe blades to spin at 14,000 RPM for maximum extraction of juice.
- Another main feature of this type juicer is its safety locking system: the system will not allow the juicer to operate until the juicer cover and lid is not fit in place properly.
- The Extra-large 3-inch feed tube is present in the center of the juicer for feeding fruits and vegetables to be crushed for fresh juice.
- It has a heavy grade polymer body which is easy to clean and wash.
- The new stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter is fitted in the center of the juicer which can extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins and there is also a 1 year limited warranty available.
3, The Black + Decker 1-Quart Citrus Mate Juicer (CJ625)
- This juicer from Black and Decker is made from plastic and is ideal if you prefer to make the juice yourself and if you are also looking for a cheap and cheerful budget option.
- It has an easy pour spout, the storage cover, 2 reversing cones and it includes easy to read measurements.
- The cones rotate to squeeze all the juice you need and the small cone is used more so for smaller fruits like lemons and limes.
- In addition, the size is 7.7 x 7.7 x 9.5 in inches and the parts are all dishwasher safe which is a nice added bonus.
- Please note that the warranty is somewhat unclear but the price when last checked at Walmart was for less than $10 which can be checked further below.
4, The Breville Juice Fountain Elite (800JEX)
- This is a more expensive centrifugal juicer but it has an advanced power-driven machine as compared to the other advance juicers available on the market.
- A strong motor 1000-watt is used to juice extract and has with two variable speed controls, maximum speed is 13,000 RPM and the minimum speed is 6,500 RPM.
- But with this power control setting you can adjust according to the use e.g., for soft fruits low RPM can be used while for hard fruits the RPM can be increased to get the maximum yield of the juice.
- The housing is made up of cast steel and titanium-plated cutting disk surrounded by stainless-steel micromesh filter and provides high efficiency when used.
- The only problem centrifugal juicers is that they increase the temperature of the juice by a degree or two during processing – which can reduce the nutritional benefits of the juice, but with this juicer there is little to no effect seen.
5, The Big Boss Stainless Steel 2-Speed Electric Juicer
- Next on the list is the Big Boss Electric Juicer and this model is also extremely popular among juicer enthusiasts and has excellent feedback and customer reviews. It is powered by a 700W motor and has the capacity of 18,000 RPM’s.
- It has 2 speed options, a large feed tube which is 3 inches in diameter, a lid with locking tabs and also the large pulp collection unit.
- In addition, the parts are dishwasher friendly for easy cleaning and is perfect for many various types of different juices including cocktails, soups, sauces, sorbet and even baby food.
- The weight of this juicer is only 10 Ibs, the size dimensions are 16'' H by 9'' W by 13'' D in inches and the price range when last checked at Wayfair various from as low as $40 up as far as $100 depending on discount activities.
6, The Omega Nutrition Center Juicer (J8006)
- The Omega Nutrition Center Juicer operates at extraordinarily slow speed at 80 RPM for the extraction of juice and due to the slow motion of the part less vibration is produced with very low noise and maximum yield of the juice.
- Pulp is ejected out automatically and juice is collected simultaneously. The super strong motor makes it easy to crush all your vegetables, fruits, and leafy greens. The home-made juice obtained from the juicer can be saved for up to 72 hours. Less energy is produced as a result there is no chance of degradation and oxidation of juices and fresh product is obtained with lot of nutrition power.
- The J8006 is not cheap though and will cost you more however, it is thought that with the increased cost of fresh foods, you make your money back in reduced wastage. You get drier pulp out and far more juice in.
- This juicer has a one-year warranty with 15-year product support package.
7, The Black + Decker Fruit & Vegetable Juicer, Juice Container, Electric Juice Machine 400W (JE2400BD)
- First of all, this Juicer from Black and Decker which can work on fruits and vegetables operates from a power of 400W and includes the large 28 oz. integrated pulp container along with its overall sleek upright attractive design to minimize space being used up on your countertop.
- If you buy, you also get a storage for the cord, the base of it has nonskid feet and it has stainless steel strainers and blades.
- Please note also that the parts here are dishwasher safe and a dual safety locking mechanism for added safety and precautions.
- Another big reason why you should consider this option and that is the very low price as I have seen it on sale with Walmart from as low as $25 up as far as $35 which you should definitely check out below.
8, The Big Boss Healthypress Heavy Duty Masticating Slow Juicer
- Another awesome Juice that you should consider is the Bog Boss Healthypress masticating juicer which can be used for various types of different ingredients to make your perfect juice.
- It has a low wattage motor to extract the juices you need and the tube is large enough to accommodate several types of vegetables of fruits.
- In addition, it has the reverse function to get more out of it and the strainer here is also made from stainless steel and of course the juice collection cup.
- In terms of size, it comes in at 11.93 by 13 by 6.54 in inches and the price range tends to be around the $100 mark when last viewed at Walmart.
9, The Black+Decker Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor (JE2200B)
- This juicer is one of the cheapest best-selling centrifugal juicers available. A relatively weak 400-Watt motor is present but still strong enough to extract fresh, pulp-free juice in just few seconds.
- The on/off switch button provides a power for the best performance for all kinds of fruit and vegetable to be crushed. It has a compact design with vertically oriented juice extractor saves space on the countertop.
- The durable stainless steel cutter and strainer can attach in center which crush the fruits and vegetables for fresh delicious juice.
- It comes with a good sized pitcher to help you measure out a single portion of juice.It is very easy to clean and many parts are safefor using it in dishwasher for cleaning.
10, The Cuisinart Stainless Steel Juicer
- The last Juicer for today is the trusted Steel Juicer which comes from the reliable brand of Cuisinart which many customers trust from across the nation.
- In addition, it is BPA free, resistant to rust and the juicer has a capacity of 33.8 oz. There are 5 different speeds levels available to you and the parts are dishwasher safe.
- The overall weight of this juicer comes in at just 13 Ibs and the size dimensions are 16.45'' H by 14.92'' W by 9.37'' D in inches. Furthermore, the diameter of the feed tube is approx. 2.95 inches and the base is nonskid to provide added stability
- This juicer is more expensive that many of the other models so expect to pay a little more for it as the price when last viewed at Wayfair ranged from as low at $150 up as far as $250 and can be double checked below but at least there is a warranty of 3 years added in to give you that extra peace of mind.
Further stock options on Juicers can also be compared further if you wish by clicking on any of your preferred images below…
On a final note - Juicers are the easiest and popular ways to get the maximum amount nutrition values for our daily life from fresh fruits and vegetables sources. There are varieties different of juicers are available around us on the market and they all have the same purpose. They make fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables convenient to consume by converting them into freshening juices. Juicing effectively turns those fresh foods with the most nutrition into delicious drinks. They can be preserved for up to three days and best of all, they can be taken anywhere. Use them as a complete meal, or a refreshing drink after your workout. You can’t beat that feeling of knowing you have consumed something so healthy.
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share your own personal experiences with your own favorite Juicers with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below- so that other people in the community can learn also!
Finally, I hope this list for the Best Juicers has helped you out and feel free to ask any questions below