Hello and welcome to our detailed review for the best Impact Drivers available across the marketplace and which also can be ordered online and delivered to your home in a matter of a few days. Impact drivers continue to be amongst the most popular power tools in the world today and is mostly used as an alternative to a cordless drill and is used for driving in screws and bolts so as you can imagine this tool should come in very handy around construction sites or even in your household. Before you decide to purchase an impact driver please read our list of some of the most frequently asked questions, so that you can make a more educated decision about what type of impact driver you are going to buy
FAQ about Impact Drivers:
Q. Where would I use an impact driver?
A. You should use an impact driver any place where you need to tighten a screw
Q. What does Brushless mean?
A. Brushless motors, unlike brushed motors do not require an electrical connection to the spinning parts
Q. Can an impact driver be used to take off lug nuts?
A. Yes, however you will need a socket attachment that fits
Q. What is the difference between an impact driver and an impact wrench?
A. Overall there is not much difference between the two, only that the wrench is more powerful
Q. What is better a 20v or 18v?
A. Saying an item is 20v is usually a marketing ploy so please be aware that although a impact driver might have a 20V motor the voltage stored is usually less when it is in operation
Safety Tips when using Impact Drivers:
- As with all tools you buy it is extremely important that you take care when using them so as to avoid any serious injury. Please read over our safety tips to ensure that you have a very safe and enjoyable experience
- First before you use any tool for the first time, please ensure that you have read the operation manual provided
- Please ensure you do not use an impact driver when someone else is nearby, as this could cause a serious injury. Also make sure you are working in a clutter less area that is free from any hazards
- Also please ensure that you have firm grip of the device at all times and that the device is stored in a safe place when not in use
- As always please be sure to wear protective gear, such as gloves and protective eye goggles in case of any loose debris
Buying Tips for Impact Drivers:
- Buying the right impact driver to suit your needs can be a tricky business. So, to help you with this conundrum our here are a few things that you should consider before you decide to make a purchase
- If price is no concern you should consider a brushless motor, because although they are more expensive they last longer and don’t require as much maintenance
- For your comfort try and purchase a driver with an ergonomic handle
- Many impact drivers come with an integrated work light, so if your job requires you to work at night you should strongly consider purchasing this type of driver
- A lot of impact drivers today have features that enable you to choose between up to as many as three different torque speeds
- Also, many impact driver kits have a belt hook included, so this will prevent you from constantly having to travel back and forth if you have to use it in multiple places
Now that we have giving you a list of FAQS, safety tips and buying tips. It is now time to read our list of the ten best impact drivers available in todays market. We hope that you will enjoy our list, and that it will be of great help to you when you purchase an impact driver
Best Impact Drivers Reviewed – 10 Models to Choose from
1, The BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Lithium Impact Driver - BDCI20C
- Up first on our list we have the ever-popular BLACK+DECKER BDCI20C 20V MAX Lithium impact driver, which has proven to be one of the most widely used and well-reviewed impact drivers available in todays market and Black+Decker continues to be amongst the most reliable brands around
- With this driver you should have more than enough power to perform everyday DIY tasks around your house, and should even be enough to satisfy professional users with its powerful 20V motor and if you have any other 20v Black+Decker tools hanging around you can use those batteries with this driver
- You are also able to get speeds of up to 3000 rpm with this driver, you are also able to change the speed settings of the drill to suit your needs and its mere weight of 3.25 pounds allows for more work without getting fatigued
- This particular product is easily transportable and with assembled product dimensions of 7.9 x 3 x 9 inches you should have no problem finding room for one in your tool shed. This product should set you back between $50 and $80 when last viewed with Walmart and can be double checked below.
2, The DEWALT 20V MAX XR Li-Ion Brushless 0.25" 3-Speed Impact Driver - DCF887B
- Up next, we have the DEWALT DCF887B 20V MAX XR Li-Ion Brushless 0.25" 3-Speed Impact Driver one of the most well reviewed impact drivers available today and continues to take the industry by storm for its reliability and easy to use features
- For your convenience this drill is extremely lightweight and can be used even the most difficult to reach places, so this should be a function that will greatly appeal to you if you have to deal with these types of situations and its ergonomic grip allows for heavy use without getting tires
- Once again with this driver you are capable of changing the speed setting to whatever you need to, and is capable of reaching speeds of up to 3250 rpm so is perfect for heavy duty construction
- In addition to this the driver is powered by a lithium ion battery, which ensures a long-lasting life, before you have to charge the battery. Also, this item has a product weight of less than 3 pounds and assembled dimensions of 8 by 3 by 5.9 inches. You should be able to purchase this particular product for less than $150 but needs to be checked first below
3, The Ryobi One+ 18V 1/4 Inch 3,200 RPM 1,600 Inch Pounds Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver - P236
- Up next, we have the Ryobi One+ P236 18V 1/4 Inch 3,200 RPM 1,600 Inch Pounds Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver an extremely easy to use and reliable product, which continues to garner praise for its comfortability and easy to use features
- As an added feature this impact driver features an ergonomic grip which allows for the user to use the tool in the most efficiently in even the slipperiest of conditions and with the addition of a LED light you have the ability to illuminate your work space so that you can work at night
- With this product you also have the benefit of having a magnetic tray so that you can easily attach fasteners to the driver for your utmost convenience, and it is extremely easy to replace different bits of this driver and the lock in function ensure you will never lose any added accessories
- Finally, this item comes in at an assembled weight of just under three pounds and has assembled dimensions of 3 by 12 by 9 inches and is once again powered by lithium ion batteries and you should be able to find one from between $40 to $60 depending on discount activities.
4, The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Brushless Cordless Impact Driver - PCCK647LB
- Now is the time to discuss the PORTER-CABLE PCCK647LB 20V MAX Brushless Cordless Impact Driver, a driver that has increased in popularity throughout the years, and is fast becoming one of the best-selling models in the world today
- Once again, the ergonomic handle grip allows you to use this driver for many hours during the day without feeling any discomfort in your hands. With this motor you are capable of achieving speeds up to 2700 rpm which should allow you to do many different DIY jobs around your house
- Also, with this product you are capable of having a 50% longer runtime than usual, so this should be a very good selling point, if you are having any second guesses about buying this product this added feature should be more than enough to sway your decision
- In addition to this the product has very reasonable dimensions of 11.4 by 3.7 by 9.5 inches and a weight of under 3 pounds, meaning it is extremely easy to carry around.
5, The Milwaukee 18V 1/4" Hex Impact Driver - Bare Tool (2656-20) - M18
- Fifth on our list we have the Milwaukee M18 18V 1/4" Hex Impact Driver - Bare Tool (2656-20), an extremely powerful driver that should be enough to satisfy both professional and amateurs alike, and is renowned for its extremely long life
- Milwaukee have prided themselves on the fact that this driver features a longer runtime than any of their competitors, and they certainly seemed to have backed up that statement, with an extremely powerful motor capable of speeds up to 2750 rpm
- One of the features that makes Milwaukee tools such a beloved brand is their redlink intelligence feature, that ensures communication between tool, battery and charger which allows the user to have optimal performance
- Finally, this particular item weighs only 2.65 pound so it is extremely easy to carry around with you, and with dimensions of only 2.9 by 5.7 by 7.8 inches, you should have no problem finding space for one in your tool shed, and perhaps the biggest advantage with this driver is the fact that you are able to purchase it for one of the lowest prices available and is considered a bargain in many people’s eyes.
6, The Greenworks 24V Cordless Impact Driver
- Next, we have the Greenworks 24V Cordless Impact Driver, an extremely reliable driver by one of the youngest and fastest growing tool companies in the world today. Greenworks aims to be the top provider of garden tools in a few years, and with items like this impact driver, they are certainly going the right way about it
- With this impact driver you are capable of reaching speeds of up to 3000 rms, making it one of the most powerful impact drivers in the market today, and it lightweight design means that you are able to use the driver for many hours in the day before you start to feel fatigued
- Once again, this impact driver is powered by the extremely powerful and long-lasting lithium ion batteries, and also contain an integrated work light to allow you to work in the poorest lit of environments
- As with all the best impact drivers, this tool has an ergonomic handle, so that the impact driver feels comfortable in the user’s hand, and this item should cost you between $120 and $150 when I last checked it on sale with Walmart
7, The Worx 20V Impact Driver
- Next, we have an impact driver by one of the most respected tool manufacturers in the world today with Worx. Worx continues to garner praise for its well built and reliable corded and cordless tools, and continues to be one of the best-selling tool manufacturers in the world today
- As with all Worx products, you can be assured of their easy to use features, which ensures that even if you are a novice, you will have no problem getting to grips with their equipment, and the compact and light weight design of this product means that it is extremely easy to carry around with you
- With this particular driver, you have the addition of a LED light to help you to perform your DIY activities day or night, and also its compact design will enable you to use this driver in the most compact of spaces
- Once again, Worx has knocked it out of the park with this extremely efficient and reliable product, which continues to be one of the top selling models around the world, aided in no short terms by its extremely great price of $100 to $120 region
8, The Hitachi 12V Peak Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/4 in. Hex Impact Driver - WH10DFL2
- Now is the time to discuss the Hitachi WH10DFL2 12V Peak Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/4 in. Hex Impact Driver, an extremely powerful tool that continues to receive great reviews by both professional organisations and members of the general public for its easy to use features and performance capabilities
- With a lithium ion battery, being this impact drivers main power source, you can be assured of an extremely long-lasting product, and with the ability to adjust the speed up to 2700 rpm and 3200 bpm, which will ensure that this particular tool will have no problem handling the toughest of jobs
- Once again, this impact driver comes with an integrated light attached to it so that you can continue to work in poorly lit areas and its weight of just under 7 pounds will allow you to use this particular item for many hours during the day without feeling fatigued
- Despite all of these incredible features and dimensions of, 15.20 by 11.50 by 4.30 Inches this particular item, should set you back around the $100 region
9, The BOSCH Cordless Impact Driver - 25618BN
- As we approach the end of our list it is time to talk about the BOSCH 25618BN Cordless Impact Driver. Bosch continue to be amongst the most popular manufacturers of both corded and cordless tools in the world today and continues to do great business locally as well as oversees
- One reason why this particular product continues to sell well and gain such popular reviews is its compact design, which allows you to use this driver in the most compact of spaces, and with the ergonomic grip you can be assured that Bosch has the users comfort in mind
- In addition to this, the impact driver is powered by a extremely long lasting lithium ion battery, has an 18 volt motor and is capable of speeds up to 2,800 rpm, as well as 3200 blows per minute. All these features combined will give the use a very enjoyable and efficient experience
- For your convenience this item weighs just over three pounds and has very manageable dimensions of 31.8 by 24.8 by 9.5 cm, and you should have no problem locating this item for around the $140 to $180 mark
10, The Rockwell 20V 3-Speed Cordless Impact Driver - RK2868K2
- Last on our list we have the extremely powerful Rockwell RK2868K2 20V 3-Speed Cordless Impact Driver, which has gained a lot of praise down the years for its durability and its ability to keep up with the latest impact drivers coming out today
- A reason that this model has not been left behind is its ability to vary between three different speeds and is capable of reaching 2900 rpms as well as 3300 bpm. These stats are comparable (and even better) than many of the latest models, so the phrase new is always better does not really apply here
- As with all the best the best impact drivers this model is powered by a lithium ion battery, and with the ability to get a full charge in an hour, this product should spend more time in your hands than it does sitting idle
- Finally, once again this impact driver comes with an integrated light to allow you to work in darkened areas and its light weight of under 7 pounds means that is extremely easy to carry around without getting fatigued. Price tends to be on the higher side here and is generally for sale between $180 to $280 depending on discount activities
While you are here, why not take a quick look at various popular Impact Drivers by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Impact Drivers and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!!