Greetings to all the Ice Cream Makers - If you are looking to find a reliable and great value Ice cream maker then look no further as we have compiled a list of the Best Ice Cream makers here for you to choose from which will not let you down. These ice cream makers have the ability to make small quantities of fluffy, yummy and smooth delicious ice creams for you and your family to enjoy especially on those warm sunny days. The basic functions here are the manual or automatic churning or mixing of ingredients used to make the ice cream and then it is then cooled either by the precooling in a freezer or refrigerator or by subjecting the mixture into a machine which freezes it itself.
There are basically two primary types of ice cream machines available right now and they are the models with a freezer bowl and the models with a built-in freezer:
With freezer bowl: These types of ice cream makers tend to be a lot lower in price and are fairly easy to use. The two main features concerning this type of ice cream machines are: The first one they have the insulated freezing bowl, which has to be pre- chilled or frozen for at least 12 hours in the freezer before using it and the second one has a mixer which is attached and is motorized. Therefore, it replaces the traditional paddle and churns the ice cream.
With the built-in freezer: In this type, the freezing is done with help of built in compressor just like in freezers or refrigerators. It quickly cools down all the ingredients (optimum temperature is reached in a few minutes). As a result, different batches can be made easily without any waiting, but the main disadvantage is that the prices tend to be on the higher side.
Tips to consider before you buy an Ice Cream Maker…
Comparisons: There are many different type of ice cream makes available. Each type of ice cream maker has its advantages and disadvantages. So, it better to make a comparison of different components and parts according to your preferences e.g., hand crank, stand alone, mixer attachments and which you are most comfortable to work with.
Size: Size of the ice cream maker is another important factor in the selection. Large families should consider a model that has a capacity of making at least 2 quarts of ice cream.
Storage: Some families randomly make the ice cream, so they need the extra space to store the machine in their kitchen when it is not in use. In this case, size and spacing is an important factor in the selection ice cream maker for its storage. Therefore, you should make sure you have enough space to store the machine before you buy.
Price: Cost is always a big deciding factor – It will depend on your budget and savings you can make and to some extent how often you want to use the machine. For example, an expensive ice cream maker may not be ideal for you if you used it once or twice a year and so the cheaper models will work better in this case. The cheaper ice cream makers will vary in quality and some of the lower priced better reviewed options are also outlined below.
Assembly: When considering the ice cream machines check the design of it and whether it has a simple assembly, easy to use with clear controls and instructions.
Warranty: Also, double check the warranty available on the models as that will give you peace of mind and security when making your purchase.
Best Ice Cream Makers – 10 Models Across 3 Channels
1, The Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker
- First on the list is the Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic ice cream maker which can easily make at least two kilogram of ice cream per batch in just 20 minutes. It has a simple control panel with touch buttons and also has the LCD screen which is easy to read and give all important information about the ice cream making parameters.
- Different recipe menus are also given for making different types of delicious ice creams, gelato, or sorbet and the paddle for mixing the ice cream can also operate at different speeds.
- The timer setting feature, sets the time automatically according to the recipe, but it can also be changed manually and will turn off automatically once complete.
- The lid is a removable and there is a small hole to add in the ingredients during the ice cream making process without stopping it. The 2 Quartz Freezer bowl should be refrigerated for the best results throughout the night and the bowl is easy to clean and wash and it comes with 3 year manufacturer warranty
2, The Hamilton Beach 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker (68330R)
- Next on the list is the 4 quart ice cream maker from Hamilton Beach which can make various products including ice creams, custards, sherbet, gelatos or even frozen yoghurts.
- There are over 20 recipes included for your benefit and the easy lock lid system is included as standard as well as having it fully automatic which means there is no stirring require on your end.
- In terms of weight, in comes in around 7Ibs and the size dimensions are 12 by 11.87 by 13.37 in inches.
- It is very easy to use especially for beginners and if you are looking for an option with a competitive price tag, then look no further as when it last checked, it was available for sale with Walmart between $25 and $40 which can be double checked below.
3, The Cuisinart Mix It in Soft Serve 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Another popular Ice Cream maker is the fully automatic soft ice cream maker from Cuisinart which is definitely worth taking a look at if you have a little extra cash to spend. It can prepare soft ice creams, yogurts, sorbets and sherbets hassle free right in your own home.
- Included here also are the three built-in condiment dispensers to get extra flavors so you can add the likes of sprinkles, chocolate mixes, chocolate chips throughout the frozen products as bowls or cones are filled.
- In terms of operation, it comes fully automatic as all you need to do is add the ingredients and then turn the lever.
- It can make 1.5 quart of frozen dessert and ice cream in approx. 20 minutes, it comes with the recipe guide and the parts can be easily removed for deep cleaning.
- The size here is 18.2'' H by 9'' W by 9.75'' D in inches, it comes with a 3 year warranty and when last checked it was for sale at Wayfair in the region of $60 to $100 depending on the level of discount activities being done.
4, The Nostalgia Old Fashioned 6 Qt. Wood Bucket Ice Cream Maker
- This Ice cream maker will take you back a year or 2 with its old fashioned design and will certainly add more elegance to your ice cream making experiences. It is a 6 quart wood bucket ice cream maker and comes part of the old fashioned collection
- The lid is made from plastic, the can is made from metal and has an aluminum ice cream chamber and a plastic churn paddle which are dishwasher friendly.
- It has the ability to make various types of ice creams, gelatos, sorbets, yoghurts and the plastic insert has wood slats to make a really attractive eye catching appearance. There is a motor included and is attached to the lid and the time it takes is approx. 60 minutes.
- The dimensions here are 19.75'' H by 13'' W by 13'' D and when last checked, it was available for sale at Wayfair in the $60 to $100 bracket which can be viewed below.
5, The Donvier Manual Ice Cream Maker (1-Quart)
- This ice cream maker machine is a manual ice cream maker from Doniver and has proven quite popular from many buyers in the past. It is a small sized ice cream maker which can be easily used at home to make various types and flavors for you and your family.
- It can make 1 quart of yummy ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, frozen drinks and many more for you but before you make your first batch of ice cream, the freezer bowl should be frozen for at least seven hours.
- When the bowl is completely frozen, you can make the ice cream by turning the paddles inside the bowl for 15 to 20 minutes to get the soft style ice cream. After making the ice cream you can place it in a freezer for few hours to make it little harder so that it settles down.
- No ice and salt is needed for making the ice and the maker comes in three different colors - white, green and pink. In addition, the freezer bowl is made of Aluminum which is easy to clean also and the price is definitely worth looking at if you need to work on a lower type budget.
6, The Breville Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker (BCI600XL)
- The Breville Smart scoop Ice cream maker has a capacity of 1.5 quart or 1L of ice cream per each and every batch. It has a self-refrigerating compressor powered at 165 watts, just like a window air conditioner, which is used for freezing purposes for making the ice cream.
- This means that you do not have to freeze the bowl again and again between the batches.
- These models can get them out one after the another and the other feature of this model is that it has 12 different levels of making the ice cream from soft to hard according to your taste and preferences.
- The pre-cool setting prepares the machine to make ice cream instantly and the internal thermometers ensure that the temperature remains constant inside – please note also that it can be operated automatically as well as manually.
7, The Nostalgia Electrics 4 Quart Blue Bucket Electric Ice Cream Maker (ICMP400BLUE )
- Unlike the old style ice cream makers, ice is used to freeze the ice cream, but churning is done by a powerful electric motor, so you do not have to work hard manually to make your favourite ice creams or related products.
- The ice basket used is made up of plastic and storage container for making ice cream is placed inside this bucket and the transparent lid is placed over the container and you can easily see the ice cream making process through it.
- The handle attached with the basket make it convenient for transportation and the motor has a locks system which makes it safe and keeping all parts secure.
- It is easy to clean the bucket and reassemble the machine after using and it has recipes included in the instruction booklet to give you additional ideas and inspiration.
- Overall the weight is approx. 8 ounces and the price tag when last viewed at Walmart was $20 to $25 which of course can be double checked below.
8, The KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker (KICA0WH)
- The KitchenAid stand mixer is compatible ice cream mixer; it contains a freeze bowl, dasher and also the drive assembly. The function of the dasher is to churn, spread, scrape and thoroughly mix the ice cream mixture inside the freezing bowl just like the paddle attachment for the mixer.
- The capacity of the maker is up to 2.0 quarts to make fluffy, yummy and smoother ice cream, gelato or sorbet in 20-30 minutes.
- To get the best results of making ice cream, first store the freeze bowl in to the freezer at the coldest temperature for at least 15 hours and the freeze bowl can easily be washed with warm soapy water while other components are safe for the dish washer.
- Please note also that It comes in 1-year hassle-free warranty and the price can be checked out below.
9, The Hamilton Beach 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker (68881)
- Next on the list is the Hamilton Beach 1.5 quart ice cream maker in red which again has the ability to make sherbet, gelato, frozen yoghurts and of course various types and flavors of your favorite ice creams.
- The bowl must first be pre-frozen before you start but when frozen you are ready to go and this will make ice creams at a fraction of the cost that you normally pay in your local store.
- This model is also versatile in that you can add a range of your favorite mix ins and the ice cream process normally takes around 20 minutes to complete and please be aware that no rock salt is needed here.
- It also includes a range of recipes, it weighs approx. 8Ibs, the size is only 11.3 by 11.29 by 16 in inches and the price tends to be around $20 to $35 region at Walmart which can be viewed below.
10, The Cuisinart Compressor Ice Cream & Gelato Maker
- Last on the list is the Cuisinart Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker which has received excellent reviews and feedback from previous buyers in the recent past which gives additional confidence.
- It has a commercial type compressor which is very reliable and will gives you numerous batches of ice cream and gelato batch after batch hassle free and there are also separate paddles for ice creams and gelatos are included.
- This is a fully automated process, a number of recipes are included in the box, the mixing bow can be removed for cleaning and there is also the .10 minute keep cool function which keeps your ice cream or gelato cool after the timer has gone off
- The materials are BA free and there is a 3 year warranty available to you and please note that the time duration required tends to be around 60 minutes.
- The lid is transparent also which helps to see the process, the overall weight comes in at 30Ibs and the size dimensions are 9.33'' H by 12'' W by 16.73'' D in inches
- One last thing to mention though - be prepared to spend a good bit more than normal as the price here does tend to be over $200 when last checked at Wayfair but please double check any potential discounts below.
If you wish, feel free also to check out Ice Cream Maker stock levels or compare prices further by clicking on any of the images provided below…
It would be greatly appreciated also if you can share your own personal favorite Ice Cream Makers with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that others in the community can learn also!
Finally, I would like to thank you for taking the time to visit and best wishes to you with your final Ice Cream Maker decision.