If you are interested in finding out some of the Best Gas Chainsaws available across the marketplace, then take a quick through this list which outlines 7 Gas Chainsaws that can meet your expectations. While you are here, take a look also at a selection of safety tips and precautions which are also outlined below as this tool deserves respect and you need to always ensure safety comes first while you have it in operation.
Chainsaws are a mechanical equipment tool used to cut with a set of metal teeth fastened to rotating chain which runs along the guide bar. The Chainsaw tool was originally designed and manufactured by German Bernhard Heine in 1830 and today there are many types of chainsaws available in the market; gas or electric, corded or cordless. Depending on the cutting projects, how difficult it is, type of material you are going to cut, how often you'll do it. Gas Chainsaws tend to cut more rapidly and efficiently than electrics chainsaws and their faster chain speed requires less pressure from you.
On the other hand, they are heavier and noisier, need fueling and require routine service of the engine's air filter and spark plug, and they produce exhaust fumes. Starting the gas chainsaws will also require several hard yanks on a starter cord. Chain-bar lengths are normally 16 to 18 inches for homeowner saws, longer for pro models up to 22 inches.
Precautions when using Chainsaws:
While doing cutting jobs with chainsaws you need to very careful as they can be dangerous. Some of the most severe injuries occur when the saw’s chain snags and kicks back toward the operator's chest and head. Safety should be always a priority when using chainsaws. Chainsaws now have safeguards, including automatic chain brake that is intended to reduce the hazard of kickback. Still even models fully loaded with safety features must be used cautiously.
- You have to wear a proper dress when working with a chainsaw snug-fitting clothing and sturdy work boots, preferably steel-toed.
- Must have protected gloves and cut-resistant chaps to shield your legs. Wear a helmet for face protection.
- You also need hearing protection, since basically all saws, exceed the 85-decibel level at which hearing damage can occur.
- You have to grip the gas-powered chainsaws firmly when pull starting and keep it on the ground. Most handles include a spot for securing the saw with one foot while pulling the starter cord.
- Gas chainsaws tools must be always be serviced before using it. A chain that's appropriately sharpened, tensioned, and oiled, speeds the cutting process and helps avoid kickback.
Features of Chainsaws:
Safety should be on the top of the list followed by convenience and ease of use. You should check the following features carefully before using the chainsaw.
- Chain Catcher a metal extension beneath the guide bar helps keep a thrown chain from flying back toward the user. Most models have it, a plus particularly if the chain is too loose because of improper tensioning and poor maintenance.
- Automatic chain oiler is an important part of the chainsaws to keep cutting without having a stop and pump a plunger to oil the cutting bar. A well-oiled bar and chain keep both from wearing out and overheating, which can lead to a broken chain.
- Chain Brake feature stops the chain almost immediately when the front hand guard is pushed forward or if the chainsaw kicks reverse. The majority of gas-powered chainsaws and many electrics ones now have it.
- Most of the chainsaws have anti-vibration systems installed in them to minimize the vibrations while using them. Without this feature, the vibrations can create sawing both burdensome and fatiguing—a worry for safety as well as comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions when using Chainsaws:
Q: Why do you need to use anti-vibration gas chainsaws?
A: The majority of the gas chainsaws have rubber bushings otherwise metal springs between the handle and the engine, bar, and chain to minimize vibration. Without this feature, vibration can make sawing both difficult and very tiring which is a concern for safety as well as the comfort of the user.
Q: What kind of dress you need to wear when working with a chainsaw?
A: You have to wear a proper dress when working with a chainsaw snug-fitting clothing and sturdy work boots, preferably steel-toed. You must wear safety gloves and cut-resistant chaps to shield your legs. Wear a helmet for face protection. You also need hearing protection, since basically all saws, exceed the 85-decibel level at which hearing damage can occur.
Q: How often a chainsaw needs maintenance?
A: Maintenance is an important factor in chain-saw safety. Gas chainsaws must be always be serviced before using it. A chain that's appropriately sharpened, tensioned, and oiled, speeds cutting and helps avoid kickback while reducing wear on the chain and the bar on which it rides.
Best Gas Chainsaws Reviewed (7 models)
1, The Husqvarna 18-Inch 50.2cc X-Torq 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chain Saw with Smart Start - 450
- Husqvarna makes exceptional products for exceptional yards. Husqvarna offers many excellent outdoor products for lawn and gardens from lawnmowers to ride-on mowers, trimmers, and chainsaws. Husqvarna 450 is a powerful gas powered chainsaw, specially designed for the people who actually value professional qualities in a saw. It has X-Torq engine which means it has low fuel consumption and minimum emission levels and it is equipped with a Smart Start and fuel pump for easy starts.
- This chainsaw has an auto return stop switch and highly visible fuel level to make the saw quite easy to handle. The 18-inch, 3.2 HP Husqvarna 450 is perfect for landowners who cut less regularly and it is equipped with Smart Start and fuel pump, making it easy to start and control. Husqvarna 450 offers an ergonomic design plus built-in Husqvarna features as air injection technology and a great X-Torq engine with little emissions.
- The 3.2 HP chainsaw is excellent for medium duty jobs as domestic cuttings of tree and branches and it has a three-piece crankshaft, which has been forged and compressed for greater sturdiness. The chainsaw's centrifugal air cleaning system assists to protect engine life by removing damaging debris before it reaches the filter.
- It uses a combined choke/stop control that permits for easy engine starting and reduces the risk of flooding and it is strongly recommended for home gardens and lawn works. Finally, it also carries It has 2 years parts and labor warranty.
2, The Remington Outlaw 46cc 20-inch Gas Chainsaw - RM4620
- The Remington RM4620 Outlaw is a gas powered having a 46cc engine with a long guide bar size of 20 inches and low kickback chain for excellent performance. It has a superior side access tensioning system which makes sure that the chain tension stays reliable for a long time. It is an ideal tool for extended jobs as post-storm cleanup. This tool is equipped with die-cast chassis and pro-grade components which improves its durability. Remington added a QuickStart technology to this model that makes it easy to start.
- Big projects can be done using this chainsaw quite comfortably as it has bar size of 20 inches and this machine has a 5-point anti-vibration system and cushion cover handle for your relieve while working.
- The RM4620 Outlaw tool has an automatic oiler system that keeps the chain in good condition, to withstand heavy duty and long cutting projects and the 46cc engine has a high-grade chrome bore cylinder which extends the life of the engine. The long bar and chain will power through tree branches and thick wood easily and quickly.
- It is definitely worth taking a closer look at this Remington chainsaw for comfort and fast jobs and it is also backed by 2 years limited warranty and the price is lower than one would expect.
3, The Poulan ProHandheld Gas Chainsaw, 16 Inch - 967084601
- Next on this list is a powerful handheld gas chainsaw from Poulan, which has a guide bar length of 16''. This tool is equipped with a patented OxyPower technology offering best fuel efficiency and it makes 70% lower emissions and 20 % lesser fuel consumption. It has an automated gear driven oil system which keeps the bar and chain lubricated that reduce the wear and maintenance needs.
- Poulan provides a superior filtering system for long air filter life without compromising power and it has a spring assist pull cord which combines with easy purge bulb to ensure fast, easy starting of the saw, with a few cord pulls. It has the integrated storage with snap lock cover, which provides an easy access to the chain tensioning tool and it has a low handle vibration which minimizes the user fatigue.
- It is powered by a 2 cycle 40 cc engine, Pro PR4016, which is perfect for medium size cutting projects and this is average weight at just 13 pounds which has also some additional features such as super clean air filter system for longer life and low fuel consumption.
- Finally, it has an advanced anti-vibration system and is ergonomically designed for great comfort and minimum user fatigue and the price is always worth taking a closer look at.
4, The Echo Gas Chainsaw, 18 Inch - CS-400
- This gas chainsaw model under the Echo brand is a powerful tool for cutting down trees of up to 36 inches in diameter and it is a light machine to make your jobs quick and efficient. The plus point of this gas chainsaw is that its engine ignition timing is computer controlled to enhance the performance through the cutting applications.
- The engine is quite powerful, 45 cc which provides power to the guide bar and the chain of the saw and the guide bar length is 18 inches.
- It has excellent features including a chain tensioner, automatic oiler, inertia safety chain brake system, engine air pre-cleaner for longer life of the engine and prolongs the maintenance periods and it also has an automotive style air filter.
- The weight of the saw is 11.2 pounds so it's manageable to use and easy to work with it and it has 5-years of manufacturer's warranty available which is a significant bonus
5, The Poulan Pro 18 Inch 42CC 2 Cycle Gas Chainsaw - PP4218A-BRC
- Number 5 on this list is the Poulan Pro Gas Chainsaw which is a rough and tough outdoor tool for cutting and clearing tree branches in your garden. It is certified refurbished machine with 18" guide bar and the engine type is 42cc with 2 cycle gas powered engine. The gas mixture ratio should be 40:1 gas/oil ratio.
- The handle of this tool has a soft grip with reduced vibration as it is excellently ergonomically designed for the cutting purposes. It has anti-vibration handles when you work, the saw will not rattle your arms significantly.
- The weight of this tool is around 15 pounds. It can be used for your heavy duty cutting projects without compromising on the durability of the machine, as it is very powerful and reliable with a high endurance margin and it also has the inertia chain brake system.
- The starting system of this tool is quite easy; you don't need to pull it hard, it has an effortless pull string starting mechanism. On purchasing, you will get a box containing Chainsaw, bar, chain and owner's manual and the cost for a certified refurbished version tends to be around $100 when last checked at Walmart which can be double checked below.
6, The Husqvarna 18 Inch 40.9cc 2.4HP 2 Cycle Gas Chainsaw - 440
- Next is the Husqvarna 440 Gas Chainsaw also available as a certified refurbished chainsaw with a chain length size of 18". It is a lightweight machine which is excellent all-round saw to cut the trees and tree branches efficiently. One of the great benefits is that it is very easy to start as it requires little effort and it is a lightweight and efficient saw, perfect for those looking for a chainsaw that is exceptionally easy to start and maneuver.
- This machine has some special features as transparent fuel indicator to show the fuel volume to the user, anti-vibration system to reduce fatigue and a snap-lock cylinder cover. It has X torque engine which consumes low fuel and has low emission levels.
- The handle and trigger are ergonomically designed to enhance comfort with soft inlay and this chainsaw model has an air injection centrifugal air cleaning system to remove dust and debris particles which results in reduced air cleanings and enhanced engine life.
- The power output is 2.4 HP and has a cylinder displacement of 40.9 cc. The sound level is quite high which is 102 Dba and it weighs 9.78 pounds which a lightweight as compared to other models. The maximum power speed is 9000 RPM and it has 90 days warranty from the date of purchase and the price regions tends to be around $250 to $300 but depends on ongoing discount activities at Walmart.
7, The XtremepowerUS 22 Inch 2.4HP 45cc Gasoline Gas Chainsaw Cutting Wood EPA
- Last on the list is the Xtremepower chainsaw which is really a superior tool for its price. It has a two-stroke engine which requires a mixture of brand-name gasoline and quality two-stroke engine oil. You have to use a branded unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane number of 90 ROZ. If you use a lower grade gasoline then this may result in pre-ignition and engine will heat up and eventually, it will get damaged.
- This is quite a powerful tool which has bar size of 22 inches, one of the longest bar gas powered chainsaw available in the market. When you are going to start it, make sure that you are holding down the trigger on the handle and that the unit is set to on.
- There is a choke that requires to be set to open on the other side of the handle and if the engine starts but will not pick up speed then maybe just a slight adjustment of the screw that controls the gas is required.
- Once it is running at full speed this chainsaw will cut through anything you put it up against. A great buy for the owner.
- The weight of this machine is 16 pounds, it has fuel tank capacity of 0.55 L and the oil tank capacity is 0.25 L
In addition, while you are here, feel free to take a closer look at various popular Chainsaws by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Chainsaws and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!!