Hello to all the food processor enthusiasts out there and welcome to this detailed review for the Best Food Processors available in the market at present and these options will be displayed across 3 different channels for you to choose from. In addition, we want to share some helpful tips and FAQ with you before you buy which will help you make your informed and final decision. Just briefly, Food processors are electric-motor-driven machines widely used in kitchens worldwide and it has helped us for different food preparation functions like processing, kneading, cutting, mixing, crushing and grinding for various types of food preparation - a must have in today’s world!
Basically, there are two different types of food processors. In the first type, the food is processed in a main bowl attached with a regular blade, while in other type the bowl is fitted with different accessories and attachments. Normally, it consists of standard accessories like a main bowl, lid, mixing blade for blending, chopping blade for cutting, and disks for slicing and mincing. At the base of the processor, the motor is fixed which rotates a vertical shaft and a transparent plastic bowl is fixed around this shaft. The accessories like cutting and mixing blades can be attached to this shaft inside the main bowl, which maneuver near the bottom of the bowl. The ingredients for chopping, grinding or pureeing are added into the bowl from this feed tube and nowadays, almost all modern food processors are equipped with safety devices. The purpose of these safety devices is to prevent the motor from functioning if the bowl is not properly attached to the base or if the lid is not properly fixed at the top of the bowl.
Buying tips before you consider buying a Food Processor…
Flexibility: Versatile and efficient food processors will potentially turn into essential part of the kitchen and can make the hard work of kitchen preparation tasks very easy. Therefore, it is important to choose it intelligently, otherwise it can become more of a problem than a help in the kitchen. Food processors come with a variety of attachments, so it is important to select the right one which will take care of the key food preparation jobs.
Capacity: One of the first factors for buying any processor is its capacity, size or volume. A mini model is selected, if you are using it frequently in house for a small family. It will handle smaller quantities of food more efficiently and are suitable for little jobs like chopping one onion or nuts, making a cup of dressing, etc. If you are cooking for larger groups of people, then it is necessary to select a model with a larger bigger bowl. e.g. making several batches or extra tasks like grating and slicing so select that larger cup sizes outlined below.
Power: Motor strength is an important factor in the selection of food processor also. The working strength of any food processor is measured by the power (watts) needed by the motor. More number of watts means you get a stronger motor. Weaker models will not work properly when heavy foods like dough for baking or hard processed cheese. It will cause a wear and tear and the motor will become noisy after some time with regular use.
Blades: The best processing machines have sharp blades which are able to chop vegetables efficiently, cut cheese uniformly, slice effectively, and finely grind bread crumbs, nuts, and other dry ingredients. They should also be able to mix liquid and soft ingredients evenly without “mixing gaps” between the blade and the bowl.
Safety: One should consider stability and safety of the equipment before buying it. Nowadays, many food processors are equipped with safety locking devices in the lid. Due to this safety locks, the machine cannot be started even if the blades are fitted. In some models - work bowls have gaskets or seals and it prevents the leaking and splashing of the wet ingredients while processing from the working bowl.
User Experience: The food processor should be easy to use with clear controls, simple assembly and bowl/lid locking mechanisms and most importantly of all easy to clean up after use.
Some Frequently Asked Questions from Users and Buyers of Food Processors…
Q: What exactly is a Food Processor and what can it do?
A: A food processor is a device which will make your work easier, quicker with less effort for preparing food in a kitchen. The important function of a food processor is chopping, shredding and slicing with various sizes.
Q: How can we get the best results when slicing, shredding and grating from food processors?
A: At lower speeds you get better results for slicing and shredding juicy or soft foods while for hard foods operate it at higher speeds.
Q: Can hot ingredients be processed?
A: It is recommended that hot ingredients should be cooled down to room temperature before processing.
Q: What is a Pulse Function?
A: The pulse button in any machine is used when power is needed in a short interval of time at the optimum speed. Over-processing of the food can be avoided in this way.
Q: What is the function of chopper attachment?
A: The choppers are used to chop, shred or mince different types of vegetables, meats, nuts or herbs.
Best Food Processors Reviewed – 10 models across 3 Channels
1, The Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Bowl Scraper Food Processor (70730)
- One of best food processors available in the market is Hamilton Beach 70730. You can save time with this food processor duringfood processing like chopping or pureeing. There is no need to stop and remove the lid during operation to dislodge food from the walls of the bowl.
- The built-in scraper removes the food which stick on the walls of bowl, as a result you can use it while the processor is on or off for continuous processing. It can be used for both large and small ingredients simultaneously, so less time is spent force-cutting the ingredients.
- This powerful food processor has a 450-watt motor which can easily be operate at 2 different speeds with push pluses. It includes a 10-cup capacity bowl, which is enough for most of the home cooking needs but it is small enough for the easy storage.
- Chopping, pureeing and mixing can be done with the stainless-steel blade and it also contains a reversible slicing /shredding disc and it also is easy to clean and wash the BPA-Free bowl.
- Price is very attractive also and tends to be in the $35 to $50 region which makes it very affordable when last viewed at Walmart.
2, The Hamilton Beach Stack and Snap12 Cup Food Processor (70725)
- The Hamilton Beach Stack and Snap is one of the best value food processors with a simple design. It is available with a large 12 cup capacity bowl, slicing and shredding disks at a remarkable price. It also works at two different speeds levels with a pulse function.
- It performs fairly well but food has to be scraped down from the sides of the bowl frequently to ensure even pureeing. The larger foods ingredients can be processed easily due to the big feed tube which enables kitchen preparation faster by reducing pre-cutting time.
- The reversible disc attachment is present which is labeled that’s makes the setup less confusing and minimizes the number of extra parts.
- The cord is placed in a suction cup present at the bottom of the machine and the price guide at Walmart is slightly more expensive but still affordable around the $50 mark
3, The Cuisinart Mini Prep Brushed Chrome Food Processor (DLC-2ABC)
- A variety of food preparation tasks can be done with the Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Processor like chopping, grinding, puréeing, emulsifying and blending.
- In addition, the auto-reversing smart power blade helps in the fine chopping of vegetables and for blending and puréeing other soft foods which gives you further flexibility.
- It has a powerful high-speed 250-Watt motor is enough to complete any small job with ease in the 3-Cup work bowl. It has a simple push-button control panel and has light weight plastic body which makes it durable and easy to use.
- The working bowl, lid and spatula are easy to clean and wash with warm water and this food processor has turned out to be very popular in many kitchens throughout the nation and has excellent reviews to date and is certainly one you should consider.
4, The Cuisinart 14 Cup Food processor (DFP-14BCNY)
- This classic model still is one of the best choices for most home appliances and it has a huge 14-cup capacity that can easy handle a variety of kitchen tasks from perfectly even and fast chopping or shredding to mixing up double batches of dough.
- It has a quiet but strong 720-watt motor, with extra-large feed tube to put the food ingredients and sharp blades so go for this option if you need more power and more volume in terms of production.
- The setup and design is also simple to understand and operate and it is also fitted with gaskets and seals to stop the leak of liquids material.
- This food processor is easy to clean and easy to store with only two disks for shredding and slicing and when last checked, the price compared better than most in terms of price against similar type models
5, The BLACK+DECKER 11-Cup Dicing and Slicing Food Processor (FP6010)
- This is a powerful, reliable 11 cup food processor under the Black and Decker brand and has received numerous positive customer reviews across the nation. It operates 800w power and will mix, dice and slice as you need to hassle free.
- Included if you buy are the steel slicing discs and shredding discs, a disc for dicing, a dough blade and also a chopping blade which have been a good reason for many people to go down this route.
- The base is made from stainless steel, there are digital controls for the 3 speeds and you have the compact storage case to keep everything organized and so that it can be put nicely away giving you extra space on your countertop.
- There are also 2 work bowls – a smaller 4 cup work bowl and also a larger 11 cup work bowl so it gives you more flexibility in the tasks you wish to carry out.
- The size for this model is 13.1 by 12.5 by 17.7 in inches and the price bracket tends to be around $130 to $150 when last seen at with Walmart.
6, The KitchenAid 3.5-Cup Food Processor (KFP0722ER)
- The KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Mini Food Processor is one the strongest and of the highest quality among the others and it chops vegetables and herbs quicker and more equally than most other models.
- It can operate at two different speeds as well as has a pulse function and the cord is also convenient to easily wind up with the wrap.
- These models are the perfect option for singles or small families, those with limited kitchen storage or counter space, or who simply don’t cook very often and just want to be able to quickly chop or puree small amounts of ingredients.
- It is also available in the market in 12 different bright colors to add a little cheer to your kitchen preparation and of course it is made in the USA which is an added bonus.
- When last checked it was available for sale with Wayfair in the price region of between $50 and $60 which is very affordable also which can be checked further below.
7, The Ninja Master Prep Professional Chopper – Blender - Food Processor (QB1004)
- The Ninja Master Prep Professional can easily be used for chopping, food processing, and blending in 3 different sized jars so will provide you with flexibility with the amounts you need to complete
- Master Prep Professional can crush ice into snow in seconds, make creamy smoothies by blending frozen fruits, and chops fresh ingredients evenly.
- In this interchangeable 450-watt power pod, the 48 oz. pitcher, 40 oz. processor bowl, and 16 oz. chopper bowl can easily be changed and allow the flexibility in the kitchen for whatever your heart desires.
- When you are finished with blending, processing, or chopping, use the storage lids to keep your food fresh and they also can be washed quite easily and the price when last viewed was around the $40 to $60 but please double check todays price below.
8, The KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System -Red (KFP0722ER)
- The main feature for this particular model under the KitchenAid brand is the ExactSlice system which has various speeds and a lever that can be adjusted to your liking.
- It can manage various types of ingredients be it hard or soft and operates on pulse, low and high and you also get the 2 in 1 feed tube to cater for food that come in various different sizes and shapes.
- Included in the package here if you buy are the 7-cup work bowl, the slicing disc, a reversible shredding disc and a multipurpose blade. Furthermore, there is the ultra-tight seal with a specific type of locking system, which prevents any type of possible leaks.
- The dimensions are 10 by 9.5 by 15 in inches and is generally for sale in the region of $90 to $180 depending on the level of promotional activities.
9, The Breville Sous Chef 12-Cup Food Processor (BFP660SIL)
- The Breville Sous Chef 12-cup food processor is a modern look with simple assembly and upscale design. The distinctive variable slicing disc has 24 precise settings from paper thin (0.3mm) to thick cut (8.0mm) which makes this model serve easily and safer to use.
- It has a robust 1000W motor is the strongest of all food processors so far which makes it a powerful food processor among the others.
- In addition, the work bowl slides smoothly into place, pours perfectly, and doesn’t have a hole at the bottom center, making it easier to empty and clean with no leaking.
- Furthermore, the feed opening of three different sizes are available to accommodate evenly feeding foods straight against the attachment disks for perfect slices. Finally, this model can handle up to 12 cups of solid ingredients but can only handle 8.5 cups of liquids.
- This would be considered a more premium option so be prepared to spend a little more though as the price tends to be over $200
10, The KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System and External Adjustable Lever
- Again, some of the main attractions here are the ExactSlice system, the external lever which can be adjusted and also the capacity of 9 cups.
- If you decide on this option, you will get the dough blade for breads or cookies, a 3 cup mini multipurpose blade, adjustable slicing disc, the 3 in 1 wider feed tube and the multipurpose blade.
- There is also the fine and medium reversible shredding disc which is ideal for coleslaw, cheese and has 3 speeds to give you the precision you need for hard and soft foods – pulse / high / low.
- When last viewed with Wayfair, there was a 1-year hassle free warranty and the price level can vary anywhere from $130 to $150 depending on discount periods so check it further below if you think this option will work best for you.
In addition, further stock levels can be viewed by clicking on any of the food processor images provided below…
On a final note, a food processor is a fantastic time-and-effort saving food preparation tool for almost every kitchen in modern day life. If you want to buy a new food processor from the market, a number of new varieties are presents to choose from. It’s important to take some time to really consider main things that what capacity food processor you need, which functions matter most to you, and how much you’re willing to invest. With such a wide variety of sizes, features and functions at a different range of price, there’s sure a model that suits your needs. You can save a lot of time save in preparing different ingredients, the ability to make so many dishes yourself in an easy and less expensive way and not needing to purchase costly pre- shredded, grated, and sliced ingredients will quickly make your investment worthwhile.
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share your own experiences with your own favorite Food Processors with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below- so that other people in the community can learn also!
Finally, I hope this list for the Best Food Processors has helped you out and best of luck with your final decision.