Greetings and welcome to our detailed and researched review regarding the ten Best Digital Callipers for you to buy today which can also be delivered to your home in a matter of a few days. So, what are Digital Calipers? Basically, Digital callipers are essentially tools that allow the user to take precise and accurate measurements in both metric and imperial units. They also have the advantage of having a very clear and easy to read LCD screen and are one of the most popular accessories you can buy today and are extremely beneficial to people who work on construction sites. However, they can be very useful around the household as well for performing various other tasks and jobs to be done.
Some Buying Tips for Digital Calipers…
As always before, you go ahead and purchase an item, there are various things to consider and this does not just include the price. Below we will list a few options and features that you should take into consideration before you decide to take out your wallet
- Firstly, one of the most important features of any Digital Caliper is the accuracy it provides, for extremely accurate results you are best to purchase a Caliper with an accuracy better than 0.05mm
- Some Calipers also come with dust, and water resistance capabilities, which would be of great benefit to someone, who is required to work outside, or in a particularly dusty area
- Also, try and purchase Caliper that comes with a protective case, as this will be far more convenient to you, if you have to use the Caliper at work
- Many Calipers have an auto shut off function, which is of great benefit to someone who accidently forgets to turn off the device when it is not in use, also you should try and purchase a Caliper that has an extra battery included
Some frequently asked Questions about Digital Calipers…
Here are just a few of the most popular questions that have been asked about Digital Calipers over the years. We hope that these questions will answer any hesitancies you might have
Q. Why use a Caliper instead of a ruler?
A. The main reason for using a digital Caliper is that you are easily able to see the exact measurement displayed on a clear LCD screen, whereas with a ruler you will have to count the measurement yourself
Q. Why use digital Calipers instead of dial Calipers?
A. For the simple fact that they are far easier to read than dial Calipers, and you can usually find one for the same price as the dial Caliper
Q. How do you use a digital Caliper?
A. If you want to measure the outside dimensions of an object, you use the large jaws, and always make sure the Caliper is calibrated back to zero, before you decide to measure a different item, whereas the smaller jaws are used for measuring the insides of an object
Q. How do you know when the battery is about to go dead?
A. Usually a flashing display, will alert you to the fact that the battery will soon need to be replaced
Best Digital Calipers Reviewed – 10 Models to Choose from
1, The Neiko Electronic Digital Caliper - 01407A
- The first digital caliper on our list is the extremely popular Neiko 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper, which is currently one of the best-selling digital calipers on the market today, and has won great praise from customers and professional users alike, for its accuracy and easy to use functions
- Speaking of accuracy, this caliper is caliper is capable of measurements ranging from: 0 - 6” and 0 - 150mm and with an extra-large LCD screen, the measurements are extremely easy to read, so you are able to avoid recording any readings incorrectly
- As, this item is made from stainless steel, you can be assured of its durability and its ability to last you for many years. Also, for the benefit of the comfortable thumb roller, means that adjusting the caliper will not cause any discomfort
- Also, for the benefit of the user this item comes with a carrying case included so you do not have to worry about misplacing it. And its tiny dimensions of 6 by 1 by 1 inches, means you will have no problem finding space for one in your house. You should also be able to find this product for under $20 at Amazon but please double check this first below.
2, The VINCA Quality Electronic Digital Vernier Caliper - DCLA-0605
- Up next, we have the incredible VINCA DCLA-0605 Quality Electronic Digital Vernier Caliper, which is fast becoming one of the most popular digital calipers around today, from a brand that is quickly becoming one of the most well renowned brands in the world today
- Once again, this calipers stainless steel construction, means that this tool is durable enough to satisfy even the most professional of users, and its incredibly accurate readings of ±0.001"/0.03mm, are one of the main reasons for this calipers popularity
- As always, the clear LCD screen means that recording incorrect readings is almost impossible and once again the smooth sliding mechanism allows you to easily adjust the caliper, and the fact that the caliper has already been calibrated out of the box will save you a lot of trouble
- For your convenience, when you buy this product you also get a spare battery included, which will save you a lot of money in the long run, and despite having an extra battery included, this product can cost you anywhere between $15 and $25 and exact prices can be viewed below.
3, The Benewell Electronic Digital Caliper
- For the third item on our list, we are going to discuss is the Benewell Electronic Digital Caliper, which is perfect for measuring household items, as well as jewellery and other gadgets, and its very easy to use features make it the perfect digital caliper for a beginner
- Once again, this item is made of a very strong and durable material (this time carbon fibre), and once again ensures the long life of the digital caliper, and once again the extremely accurate readings this caliper provides, are one of the many reasons this caliper continues to sell so well at home as well as oversees
- For the added benefit of the customer, this caliper comes with four different measuring functions, outside diameter, inside diameter, depth measurement and step measurement, and the ability to easily switch between inches and millimetres, makes this the perfect item for any household
- As with all the best digital calipers, the smooth sliding function makes this caliper extremely easy to use, and the fact that it is fully calibrated out of the box means that you can start using the caliper straight away. However, the best thing about this item is the price and is considered one of the lowest prices across the market place.
4, The Dr. Meter Stainless Steel Electronic Digital Caliper
- Now is the time to discuss the extremely well reviewed Dr. Meter Stainless Steel Electronic Digital Caliper, which is highly renowned all over the world for its incredible accuracy, capable of readings accurate to within 0.001 mm, and these readings are displayed on a bright easy to read LCD screen
- One of the great things about this caliper is the fact that it automatically turns off after five minutes of inactivity, so that you can save battery life, and once again the very comfortable and easy to manoeuvre sider, makes adjusting the caliper a stress-free endeavour
- With this caliper, you again can switch between inches and millimetres, with the simple push of a button, and with a measuring range of up to 6 inches, this is the perfect tool to measure all your household object
- In addition to this, the caliper comes with a carry case so that you can safely secure the caliper when it is not in use, and once again has the four different measurement functions in outside diameter, inside diameter, depth measurement and step measurement. In terms of the price level, again this is certainly one of the lowest that there is available at the moment.
5, The Carrera Precision 6" Titanium Digital LCD Vernier Micrometer Caliper - CP8806-T
- Now we will discuss a caliper by a brand that increases in popularity every day, the Carrera brand, and this time we are talking about the Carrera Precision 6" Titanium Digital LCD Vernier Micrometer Caliper, CP8806-T, one of the best built digital calipers around, with its titanium alloy design
- With this caliper, you have a measuring range up to, as far as 6 inches, which is comparable with many of the most popular brands around today, and uses an extremely accurate Linear Capacitive Measuring System, which is capable of recording readings, accurate to within 0.0005"/ 0.01mm
- As always, the comfortable thumb wheel allows you to easily adjust the slider on the caliper, so this product is very enjoyable to use, and once again the extremely easy to read LCD screen, will help you in avoiding incorrect measurements
- As with every product you buy, one thing that can sway your opinion is if there are any extra items included that will make me choose this product over its nearest competitor, and in this case, it is the inclusion of an extra battery and a mini screwdriver to fix any little problems you might have. Despite all these additions. This caliper can be bought for less than $20 when last checked at Walmart when it was being discounted.
6, The General Tools Fraction Plus Digital Fractional Caliper, Carbon Fiber, 3-Inch - 1433
- Sixth on this list we have the very discreet 3inch General Tools 1433 Fraction Plus Digital Fractional Caliper, which despite its size can hold its own against any of the bigger brands. This caliper has been highly praised by a great number of industry members from all over the world
- A big reason for this praise is the devices accuracy, as it is capable of accuracy within the range of plus or minus 0.004-Inches, and gives you the ability to adjust the measurement settings, between, inches, millimetres and fractions, as you can imagine the ability to switch between the different units, goes a long way in improving the sales of this item
- In addition to this, this caliper also features an auto on/off function, which will automatically shut down the caliper after several minutes of inactivity, to save battery life, and with this caliper being powered by a lithium ion battery, you do not have to worry about replacing the battery for a long time
- Finally, the tiny 2.00 by 4.75 by 10.88 Inches assembled dimension of this caliper, allow you to easily carry it with you in your pocket or place it securely in a small box at home, and its carbon fibre design means that it is extremely light, weighing only .39 oz. This caliper can be found in Walmart for around $15 which has proven to be a great bargain for many buyers and can be double checked below.
7, The iGaging ABSOLUTE ORIGIN 0-6" Digital Electronic Caliper
- For our seventh suggestion we have the ever popular iGaging ABSOLUTE ORIGIN 0-6" Digital Electronic Caliper. As this caliper meets Din standards and is ISO certified, you know that it is guaranteed to work extremely well, and would be suitable to even the most professional of users
- Of course, when talking about digital calipers, one of the most important things to consider is the devices accuracy, and with this device incredible accuracy of within 0.001" / 0.02mm, you will not need to look any further than this product. Also, with this caliper you are capable of measuring items up to 6cm
- As with a lot of the best digital calipers, this caliper contains a stainless-steel finish. However, this caliper also goes above and beyond that with is ip54 protection rating, which makes the caliper resistant to splash water and dust
- Lastly, this caliper comes with the unique function of having an unlimited measuring speed, and with the clear bright LCD screen, reading the measurements is extremely easy and stress free. Price is also somewhat higher but is well worth if you have the extra money to spend.
8, The Mitutoyo Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS) Absolute Scale Digital Caliper - 500-196-30
- For our next item we have the Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS) Absolute Scale Digital Caliper, which is one of the more expensive models on our list, however don’t let its seemingly large price tag through you off purchasing this item, as it comes with a number of benefits
- One of the devices biggest of these benefits is the addition of an electromagnetic inductive sensor, that will help the calipers resistance to things such as dirt, oil and water, and the caliper also has the ability to switch between various measuring units like inches or metric units
- With this caliper, you have the ability to measure inside depth, outside depth and step values, so as you can see, this is an extremely well rounded caliper, with many different capabilities, and once again the LCD display is extremely clear and easy to read
- Finally, when you purchase this caliper, you also gey a protective case included, so please ensure that you have a specific place in you garage for this case, so that you never misplace the caliper, and with dimensions of 10 by 4 by 1 inches, finding room for this device should not be an issue. In terms of price, it is a lot higher than other models and if you are interested or have extra money to spend, take a closer look below.
9, The MeasuGator Safarium Digital Caliper
- For the penultimate item on this list, we have the MeasuGator Safarium Digital Caliper, which is quickly gaining the attention of several well-respected industries all over the world, for its extremely comfortable and easy to use design
- One examples of this easy to use design is the fact that this caliper includes a very comfortable anti-slip thumb grip, which allows you to easily adjust the range of the item in a stress-free manner, and once again this caliper has a range of up to 6cm and an accuracy to within 0.001mm, so it is the ideal caliper to have around the house
- In addition to this, this caliper also features an auto shut off feature, that will cause the caliper to shut down after several minutes of inactivity, which will be of great help in saving battery life, although with the three extra batteries included in this kit, you will not have to worry about purchasing batteries for a long time
- Finally, this caliper comes with a protective case, so you don’t have to leave it loose in your tool shed where it is capable of picking up different types of scrapes and scratches, and with the inclusion of screwdriver, you are capable of repairing the caliper yourself, but please ensure you read the instruction manual before you do.
10, The 6 Inch Stainless Steel Electronic LCD Digital Vernier Caliper Micrometer SAE
- For the final caliper on this list we have the 6" Stainless Steel Electronic LCD Digital Vernier Caliper, and though placed last on this list, it can hold its own against any of the previous calipers that we have mentioned, and with its stainless-steel body, you can be assured that you are getting a well-built product that is well worth the money
- Once again, this caliper includes the very auto shut off function, after several minutes of inactivity. I do not know about you, but there are times when I am extremely busy, and I must stop what I am doing and do something else, so at least with this function you will not need to worry about the battery running out
- As always, accuracy is one of the biggest selling points for any digital caliper, and with this caliper boasting an accuracy of 0.02/0.01, you can be assured of this devices efficiency, and with an extra-large LCD screen you are capable of clearly reading any measurements you record, and you also have the ability to switch between meters, inches and fractions
- Finally, this caliper has an 1p54 rating, meaning that it is highly resistant to dust, oil, and water, so is guaranteed to last you for many years, and with dimensions of 3.60 by 9.50 by 1.00 Inches, you can easily carry it around with you. Finally, in terms of value, you should be able to find this item for around $14 to $27 at Walmart depending on current discount activities.
While you are here, why not take a quick look or at various popular Digital Calipers or view larger by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Digital Calipers and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!!