Greetings once more and welcome to this detailed review for the Best Dehumidifiers which can be ordered online and delivered to your home hassle free. The basic function of dehumidifiers is used to remove the excess moisture present in air and this problem is caused by excess moisture or humidity in the surrounding areas and can be detected by moisture appearing on the walls or windows. It can make your home quite unpleasant with the misty smell and bad odour in your home and it can also damage property by the growth of fungi and algae on the walls and moist corners of houses.
It can cause irritation in your breathing and also some other health problems. One solution to solve this problem is to buy an effective dehumidifier which effectively minimizes the moisture in your air. The dehumidifier basically works on two principles: one is removing the moisture by refrigeration and second is by absorbing moisture on dry materials. Dehumidification by refrigeration is where the warm and moist air is sucked into the machine by electric fans. After that, this air passes over the chilled pipes and the coolant is circulated into these pipes with the help of the pump and compressor. This process is similar to the air conditioner and refrigeration process and when air passes through the cold pipes, the moisture present in air condenses into liquid water and is removed from the air.
Then, this moisture free air passes through a heating element to get the original temperature of air. The moisture is collected in a tray present at the bottom of the dehumidifier and the level control valve is present which regulates the level of water in the tray. When the tray is filled with water it automatically trips down the dehumidifier and it means you have to empty the tray. In dehumidification done by absorption / adsorption - the moisture is taken up by soaking into the special material which is called an absorbent while in adsorption water is held on the surface of the adsorbent.
Some Tips to consider before you buy a Dehumidifier…
If you feel the dampness and musty smell from your house and water condenses on the windows and pipes, it means the moisture levels are too high. The level of moisture can be increased by showering, running a washing machine or dish washing, cooking, etc. It can be a problem, especially if you live in the environment where moisture levels are already unusually high. Therefore, balanced humidity is very important not only for your health but also for your house. Finding the best for your home is not the simple task which can full fill all your requirements. Lots of different choices, brands and models are available in the market to choose from. Before buying a dehumidifier, you need to consider the following main points which will guide you to make a better choice.
Size: Picking the right size of the dehumidifier is the very important factor for the selection dehumidifier. For this reason, you should have known about the size of the area, in other words, you should know the square foot of the area and have an idea about the moisture content where you want to do the dehumidification. The capacity of any dehumidifier can be measured by the amount of water it removed per day.
Capacity: If dehumidifiers which have more water capacity to store the water then you can expect to pay more also. They also need to be emptied less often. The rule of thumb is that more the water storage more you have to pay. Most of the dehumidifier comes with the self-draining system or have the draining hose connection.
Defrost: Always look for the dehumidifier which has the auto defrosts function. The heating coils get frost when it operates at the low temperature of about 65 to 60 °F inside a room. They are bit expensive but can compensate when you have to replace your unit when the ice will damage the coil.
Valve: The automatic protection valve causes the units to shut down automatically when the basket is full of water which stops the water from overflowing. New units are coming with light and acoustic alarms also to let you know when the drainage bucket is full.
Energy Saving: Always buy a unit with energy saver symbol. They are more cost and energy efficient. It saves a lot of money on your bill and is economical.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Dehumidifiers…
- Q: Which size dehumidifier are the best?
- A: It depends on a lot of different factors but the main factor is the area which you want to dehumidify and the amount of the moisture in that area – the bigger the problem, the higher capacity you should go
- Q: What does the capacity of the dehumidifier mean?
- A: The capacity of the dehumidifier is defined as the maximum amount of humidity or moisture removed from the air per day. It is usually measured in pints or liters.
- Q: How do you reduce the energy and operating costs of running a dehumidifier?
- A: It is better to use an ``Energy star´´ certified dehumidifier. It is the international certification for any appliance which means that it will cost you less and is energy efficient to save you money on your household bills.
- Q: What is the purpose of the drain hose?
- A: The dehumidifier in which no pump is present, an arrangement for draining the water is present known as drain hose and will be present in it. In this case, gravity is used to drain the water from the unit.
- Q: What is the lowest operating temperature for the domestic dehumidifiers?
- A: Mostly, domestic dehumidifier work at the temperature range of 41 to 44 degrees.
Best Dehumidifier Reviews – 10 Models to Choose From
1, The Keystone Energy Star Dehumidifier 50-Pint 2 Speed (KSTAD50B)
- The capacity of this dehumidifier is 50 pints per day and it means it can remove moisture up to 28 L which makes it to use in the big room of 3,000 square feet. The other main features of this dehumidifier are it has an automatic electronic LED display with a 24-hour timer.
- It also has a transparent water level valve which tells the level of water in the water bucket. When a bucket is full it automatically shut down the machine. It also has a clean filter which prevents the dust particles to enter and distribute a clean air into the room.
- This filter can be cleaned easily when it is choked with dust. With auto restart functions, you can start it again after a power breakage without making any change in the settings. You can operate it at two different fan speed modes, normal or turbo.
- The defrost function is also present, it stops the formation of ice which can cause damage to the machine. It has four small wheels which make it easy to move to another location and the price range at Walmart tends to be around $150 to $200 which can be viewed below
2, The Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier (FAD704DWD)
- It is available in three different capacities i.e., 30, 50 70-pint dehumidifier with 115 V electric inputs. It stops the growth of algae and fungi by removing the maximum moisture present in the air. This also helps in preventing the bacteria in the air that can cause irritation to breathe and can be dangerous for your health.
- It has built-in electronic controls include a digital moisture reader and also has 24 hours on and off timer. It has an important feature which allows you to control the percentage humidity in your room from 38 to 85% according to the need.
- The auto shut down function switched it off automatically when the tank is full of water. The filter is easy to remove, clean and reuse. This portable design includes a top handle, side handle, and flexible wheels to make your unit easier to move from room to room.
- The size dimensions here are 11-5/16"L by 16-1/8"W by 24-3/4"H in inches, there is a full 1-year parts and labor warranty and also a limited 5-year sealed system warranty if you decide to buy. The price when last checked at Walmart was in the $200 to $250 bracket which can be checked further below.
3, The Winix 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Casters
- Next on the list is the Winix 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Casters which has received numerous positive reviews and customer feedback of late so definitely consider this as an option for your home also.
- This model will seriously improve the quality of your air and it has the Cleancel Technology to prevent any growth or buildup of bacteria. Another thing here that you will notice is the very low noise level associated to the running of the appliance which is an added benefit and works best in a room size estimated to be 600 square feet.
- In addition, there is the auto shut down system, the full bucket indicators, the auto defrosting and the capacity is 14.4 pint bucket and there are casters for very easy mobility. The daily moisture removal ability is 50 pints and there are also 2 fan speeds to choose from.
- This machine can also be used in your basement if needed and the drain hose installation is simple and gets to work in no time at all and of course it comes with the energy star rating.
- In addition, the size here is 23.1'' H by 12.4'' W by 14.6'' D in inches, it weighs approx. 44 Ibs, there is a warranty of 1 year available and the price at Wayfair tends to be in the $170 to $230 region.
4, The hOmeLabs 9 Gallon or 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- This model takes out nearly 70 pints of moisture from the air per day. With it’s energy star certification, it can work efficiently and remove the moisture without increasing the energy cost. With its large capacity, it can be used easily in big halls, stores, basements etc.
- You can also adjust the amount of humidity with the given setting and it can be used continuously for 24 hours until its bucket is full of water. At this point, it shuts off automatically for the draining out purpose. The other important feature is that it can also operate in turbo mode.
- With this turbo mode, you can increase the speed of the fan from low to maximum so that you can remove the maximum amount of moisture. It can work in the big halls with the size of 2500 to 4000 sq. ft.
- The capacity of the water tank is 1.6 gallon which is equal to 6 L and easily removes the moisture up to 9 gallon which is almost equal to the 70 pints of moisture per day.
5, The Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- This smart design allows you to control the level of moisture according to your wish and has an easy LCD interface to get all the information. The speed of the fan can also be adjusted to the different level and has a 24 hour timer program. It helps to remove 70 pints of humidity during a complete day which can give you a big relief during the hot humid days.
- The maximum capacity of the reservoir is 2.25 gal, after that it’s shut down automatically. Then you have to open the drain valve to empty it.
- The modern filtration and evaporation system ensures a safe and pleasant environment. It prevents the formation of fungus and protecting against the allergies, fists and asthma attacks. It can remove the moistures in the area around about 4500 sq. ft.
- It also has the auto defrost function to stop the ice formation around the pipes and can also restart after the power failures.
6, The GE Appliances 30 Pint Dehumidifier
- Another really popular model to consider is the GE Appliances 30 Pint Dehumidifier which has received many positive reviews of late and comes from a brand that you know you can trust.
- One thing that you will like is that it has 3 different fan speeds to choose from and the air filter is also washable when needed and can be reused. The capacity is 30 pints per day which is a lot lower than some of the other models mentioned but will work best for you if you need a smaller level of moisture removed.
- There is the easy to use soft touch panel and the removable bucket and the indicator light to tell you when it is full and needs to be emptied.
- The size here that you need to consider is 19 1/2 H by 13 3/8 W by 9 7/8 D in inches, it weighs approx. 31 Ibs and the price level tends to be in the $150 to $170 bracket when last viewed at Walmart.
7, The Whynter Dehumidifier (RPD-421EW)
- This RPD-421EW from Whynter is a portable dehumidifier with a compact design and has an excellent ability to remove 40 pints of humidity from the air. This unit produces a very effective and space-efficient drying solution for any home or workplace dealing with high-level moisture levels.
- It is energy star rated and its operation is also cost and energy efficient. The good thing is that it can operate continuously without stopping it. It has two drainage options; manual and gravity drain.
- It has the 7-pint bucket which can be removed and emptied easily.It automatically adjusts the humidity level of the room in a comfortable range between 45-55% depending upon the room temperature.
- The other impressive feature is its completely electronic and soft touch button panel present at the top that allows you to control many of its functions. Using this panel, you can adjust the timer, moisture level, and even adjust the speed of the fan.
8, The Pure Enrichment Premium Dehumidifier
- This mini dehumidifier is designed to remove the moisture small areas like kitchens, bathrooms, offices and other enclosed places. It has an advanced moisture control system which is capable of removing moisture up to 10 auctions of excess water from the air per day.
- It has a transparent removable water storage tank with a capacity of 27 ounces which is equivalent to 0.8 L. With this transparent tank you can easily monitor the level of water in it.
- It is easy to empty and clean after filling. This one-button control makes it easy to operate this dehumidifier even in the dark. The automatic safety functions prevent it from overheating and overflow of water.
- The system automatically switches off in these conditions and the price when last checked tended to be in the region of $50 to $100 which should be checked out below
9, The Danby 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- Next on the list is the reliable Danby 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with a built-in pump which can pump the water upwards towards a sink or even out a window to allow continuous uninterrupted operations.
- The size room it can work can be 4500 square foot, it has 2 different fan speeds for you to choose from and has the ability to remove up to 70 pints of water on any given day. It also has smart technology to modify the level of dehumidification by taking note of the current room temperature.
- There is a digital display also which is easy to use, the auto restart and memory settings and can operate to a low temperature of 41 F. Another this that is included is the fact that it has the auto de-icer which will prevent the buildup of any frost.
- So you get the continuous drain operated appliance, it is adjustable, there are 2 years warranty available and the size comes in at 24.25'' H by 16.3'' W by 11.8'' D in inches. The weight comes in a little over 43 Ibs also.
- In addition, if you decide to buy, it has a reusable and washable air filter, 4 caster wheels and side handles for easy movement and in terms of value, the price tag tends to be around the $200 to $250 region when last checked at Wayfair.
10, The Honeywell Energy Star 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- The Honeywell Energy Star 70-pint dehumidifier is designed to remove 70 pints of moisture daily from different sizes of rooms and the room size may vary from medium to large.
- A digital humidistat control system automatically enhances the room moisture level and enables dehumidification to maintain the desired humidity level. Humidity control allows you to minimize the level of moisture and maintain it the most comfortable for you and your family.
- The large, detachable tank store up to 14.4 pints of groove and then this wastewater drained out. At the front water level indicator is present with alarm light and audible warning system makes dehumidifiers one of the advance dehumidifiers.
- Smoothly designed rolling wheels and side handles make the movability of this unit from one room to the other very easy also and today’s price can be checked out below
Many other popular Dehumidifiers can also be compared further by clicking on any of the model images provided below…
On a final note, Dehumidifiers are practical and easy solutions to reduce high moisture levels. A dehumidifier is to remove the extra moisture from the indoor air, which makes it more comfortable and healthy for the environment. When you are going to buy the new dehumidifier, size is the very important factor. For the high amount of moisture for the complete home, you should choose the main whole home dehumidifier that uses your home heating and cooling system to reduce moisture throughout the house. On the other hand, if the humidity is not so frequent and occurs only in local areas of your home, such as the cellar, a single portable dehumidifier is enough. After choosing the size of the unit, then you can select for technology depending on your need and invest how much you want to invest: as dehumidifiers use several principles for removing moisture from the air.
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own personal experiences with your favorite Dehumidifiers by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that others in the community can learn also!
At this point, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to visit and best of luck with your final decision