Many thanks in advance for taking the time to visit - If you would prefer to look at the Cordless Chainsaw option rather than a corded or a gas chainsaw, then please take a quick look through this short review which outlines the Best Cordless Chainsaws which are available to buy at present across multiple trusted brands in the industry.
We are tested several models and have come up with a list of 7 Cordless Chainsaws that have performed the best and which also offer affordable prices for the average household. Any models that we felt were way too expensive has been removed as only a small percentage of people across the community can afford them.
Before you view the nominated list, feel free also to take note of the pros and cons of a Cordless Chainsaw and the videos outlined below which give on overview on some safety and operational tips when using a chainsaw which will benefit you also as safety must be your number one priority at all times…
Advantages to using a Cordless Chainsaw: (Pros)
- Environmentally friendly alternative with no harmful toxic emissions
- Lighter Tool so it becomes easy to handle, manage and work with
- No cords so you are not limited to the distance you need to travel across your yard
- Little to no maintenance required
- Self Automatic when lubricating the chain
- Tool free chain tension systems
- Ideal for lighter duty work such as trimming, fire logs, fallen branches, branch trimming and bush trimming
- No pull-cords, ongoing gas costs, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords to worry about
- There is no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, no air filter or muffler to clean.
- No need to drain the fuel for storage
Limitations to take note off: (Cons)
- You can only work for the duration of the battery life
- You need to wait for the battery to recharge to start work again
- In time, a new battery will need to be replaced which is an added expense down the road
- Many lack the full power when compared to the traditional gas chainsaw so you are limited to smaller lighter duty type work like pruning and dealing with branches
Video - How to work with a Chainsaw – Operational Tips
Video - How to Cut Down a Tree - Safety Tips
Best Cordless Chainsaws Reviewed
7 Recommended Options
1, The Snapper 60V Chainsaw 2Ah Battery and Charger - SC60V
- The first model on this list that needs serious consideration is the Snapper 60V Chainsaw 2Ah with the battery and charger included reference model number SC60V which has proven to be very reliable and performs very well across multiple jobs and tasks. It is powered by Briggs & Stratton and has a 16 inch bar length and has the ability to perform 100 cuts on a fully charged 2Ah battery.
- Included here also is the full wrap-around handle with the steal bucking spikes for safe cutting as you work and starts easily with just the click of a button. You can also make quick adjustments to the chain with the side chain tensioning system.
- There is also the oil window so you can see the oil level at all times and it has the automatic oiler included to keep the chain lubricated at all times which will extend its shelf life. This battery can also be used for various other Snapper products also if you happen to have them in your shed.
- There is a lot less noise associated with this tool and it has the brushless motor for high efficiency and longer motor life and comes in as a weight of approx. 13 Ibs. Price wise it is also very affordable and comes in at between $100 and $150 when last seen on sale which can be checked below if needed and the warranty is 4 years duration which is one of the highest we have come across.
2, The Black + Decker 20V Max Lithium 10 Inch Chainsaw - LCS1020
- The second model on this list which has also proven to be very popular is the Black + Decker 20V Max Lithium 10 inch Chainsaw model reference number LCS1020 which is more suited for work like dry wood, live logs, fallen branches or pruning thicker branches.
- One thing also is the duration of the battery charged life and it is claimed that it can last 5 times longer and it features the 10 inch low kickback Oregon Bar and chain that is designed to be easy to use and also have added safety features. It is powered by the source Lithium Ion battery and is a lot lighter than the model in number 1 will helps to reduce any hand fatigue.
- There is also the automatic oiling system for lubrication of the bar and chain for longer use and of course there is the tool-less chain tensioning for fast and easy adjustments whenever you need to make any changes to the tension levels.
- In addition, there is the improved auto oiling system with a primer button for oiling and also an oil window to gauge the oil levels and it also has the wrap around bale handle to provide increased control and comfort while you work this tool. Finally, the price is also very affordable and tends to be on sale in the $90 to $130 bracket when we last checked the price which varies slightly depending on ongoing promotional activities.
3, The Worx 10-inch Cordless 20V Chainsaw with Auto-Tension and Auto-Oiling - WG322
- At number 3, we would like to outline the Worx 10-inch Cordless 20V Chainsaw which has the auto-tension and auto-oiling systems built in and comes under reference number WG322. The chain here gets lubricated automatically without you having to worry about it to ensure optimum performance at all times.
- This model has the patented tool-free auto chain tension system which prevents the over tightening of the chain and keeps optimal chain tension while cutting and working for your added safety and protection.
- Included here also is the blade protection cover, the 20V charger, the battery and also a very useful battery life indicator so you know when the battery starts to run low so that preparations can be done for recharging.
- More suited for lighter duty work such as fire logs, fallen branches or pruning, this battery can also be used across a multitude of various other tools under the Worx brand. Please note also that the chain pitch here is 3/8 inch and the chain gauge is also 0.0043 inch. In terms of price, it is very similar to what we have seen elsewhere and tends to be around the $100 to $150 level which of course can be double checked below if you feel this is the one for you.
4, The Sun Joe 20V IONLTE Cordless Chainsaw 10-inch - CS10
- At number 4, you also need to take a closer look at the Sun Joe 20V IONLTE Cordless Chainsaw 10-inch, which operates off a 20V battery and has a reference number of CS10 which has proven to very popular and has received tons of positive reviews from previous buyers and users in the past.
- This model has the Oregon 10 inch saw bar and chain and is perfect also for pruning, dealing with fallen branches and making fire logs. The width of the timber being cut can be up to 9 and half inches in diameter and it is self-oil lubricating to keep it in perfect working condition.
- For you added safety during operation, it includes the hand guard with a kick back brake function, a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starts and also a sturdy aluminium handle and protective sheath for safe storage. There is also the battery charger included and of course it is ETL approved.
- In terms of weight, it is one of the lightest that we have come across coming in at less than 6 Ibs and the price level tends to be in the $75 to $100 bracket when last seen on sale. Please note also that there is a 2 year warranty available if you choose to buy this model.
5, The Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw Battery Included – 20312
- Up next at number 5, a model that needs to be considered also is the Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw with a reference model number of 20312 which has the brushless motor to ensure you get a longer operation time when fully charged. It will also provide more torque and all this will ensure that this tool will last for a long period of time.
- There is also a low kickback chain and a chain brake for your added safety and please be aware here that the electronic chain brake can prevent it from accidental kick-backs that may occur. The oil tank window is clear also so you know when it needs to be topped up again.
- With this tool, you get an increased torque output of up to 30% with the brushless motor and for your added comfort level there is 70% less vibration to deal with on your hands which is great at reducing fatigue levels. There is also the easy push start system without having to yank on an annoying pull cord.
- This battery for this tool can also be used for various other tools in the Greenworks brand and the price level tends to be one of the best we have seen and certainly deserves a closer look. One thing you will notice here also is the lower level of noise associated to using a chainsaw which can keep the neighbors happy and more content as you work.
6, The DEWALT 40V 4AH Lithium Ion XR Brushless Chainsaw 16 Inch - DCCS690M1
- Up next, we have the very popular and user friendly DEWALT 40V 4AH Lithium Ion XR Brushless Chainsaw which has a 16 Inch bar length and a reference number of DCCS690M1. This is one of the heavier cordless models to use as it comes at a weight of 18 to 19 Ibs so please be aware of this before you buy.
- The power level here is higher with the 40V Lithium 4AH battery and has a brushless motor which reduces the wear and tear so you get a longer use from it with an extended shelf life.
- You can adjust the speed here also with the variable speed trigger provided and included also is the tool free chain tensioning system and the bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force to get the best results every time you put it to work.
- In addition, there is the automated lubrication system included as standard and a 3 year warranty available plus a 90 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase. The bar sheath is included here also and of course the Oregon chain and bar.
7, The Makita 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14 Inch Chain Saw Kit - XCU03PT
- The last model on this list that we found to perform exceptionally well and has a good run time on the battery is the Makita 18V X 2 LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14 Inch Chain Saw with a model number XCU03PT and the noise level here is very low and compares very well against similar chainsaws in this category.
- There are 2 separate batteries each of 18V and when combined give a power level of 36V and it has the unique drive system for additional power that can nearly match that of a gas chainsaw.
- Please note that this is a tool-less chain adjuster and the 14-inch bar gives a longer operational length than some of the 10 inch bars also in this list. Provided here also is the variable speed controller and the noise level output is less than 100DBA which compare well across the industry.
- Another thing here also for your safety is the built-in lock off lever which helps to stop the chain blade from accidentally engaging and once the 2 batteries are charged and loaded, you are good to go. One last thing also for charging and that there is a dual port rapid optimum charger for quicker results.
In addition – feel free to take a look at the comparison chart outlined below which compare all the main features you need to know before you make your final decision…
|1, Snapper 60V Chainsaw SC60V||60V||12.9 Ibs||16 Inches||4 years||Yes, 2Ah|
|2, Black+Decker 20V LCS1020||20V||7.2 Ibs||10 Inches||2 years||Yes, 2Ah|
|3, Worx WG322||20V||7 - 9 Ibs||10 Inches||3 years||Yes, 2Ah|
|4, Sun Joe CS10||20V||5.5 - 6 Ibs||10 Inches||2 years||Yes, 2Ah|
|5, Greenworks 40V||40V||10 – 11 Ibs||16 Inches||2 years||Yes, 2Ah|
|6, DeWALT 40V||40V||18 – 19 Ibs||16 Inches||3 years||Yes, 4Ah|
|7, Makita 18V x 2||18V x 2 (36V)||22 – 23 Ibs||14 Inches||2 years||Yes, 5Ah|
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own experiences of using a Cordless Chainsaw good or bad by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!!