Hello and welcome to this detailed review for the Best Corded Electric Lawn Mowers which are available to Gardeners across the country. If you are starting out new or looking to upgrade or change from a gas to an electric mower, then you are at the right place as we have 7 awesome options here for you to choose from and which are definitely very affordable and come from brands that you can trust.
In recent years, corded lawn mowers have become a most preferred choice with so many people for lawn care as a number of the homeowners relinquish gas-powered mowers for the quieter and further environmentally friendly alternatives. If you don't like noise in your lawn and gardens while cutting your grass, the corded lawn mower is the best choice for you. The corded electric lawn mower can save your money when you compare it to gasoline-powered lawn mower models, it's not only the purchase cost you can also save your maintenance and ongoing fuel costs. It's a one-time investment on your garden but you will trouble free after that as you don't need to refuel, again and again. Starting off the mower is quite easy also as you don't need to pull the cord. They are lightweight and easy to handle and you will enjoy the use of these mowers while cutting and mulching grass on your lawns. They are generally reasonably priced and very easy to assemble and get started once delivered.
Operational Tips when using a Cord Lawn mower:
- It is unsafe to cut grass without appropriate light. Mowing in the dim lights or dark could take the risk of tripping and falling as the view is not clear especially when a cord is lying around the garden.
- Children should not be allowed to handle an electric mower no matter how enthusiastic they may be to help out with this chore. Lawn mowers are not big toys for children to try their hands and size up their maturity. Children do not have the adult strength to control the lawn mower or have the experience in knowing what to do in case of emergencies and dangers.
- An electric lawn mower needs electricity to power its action so there must be adequate energy to draw from in mowing the lawn with an electric lawn mower. A damaged socket is very risky for users as sparking can occur and cause fires. The alternative is a safe RCD socket adaptor which is a sensible option in prompt cut-off the power if there is any problem occurs while mowing the lawn.
- Toddlers should stay far away from moving mowers as sharp objects could go flying around their vicinity to cause hurt and damage to their skin.
- Just like with a car or any fancy new electronic, you should consult with the owner’s manual before you use it. This is true for lawnmowers as well. Each mower is different, so maintenance requirements might vary slightly between machines.
- Make sure you buy a cord that can extend the length of the garden you intend to mow so get a measuring tape or device out before you make that purchase.
Best Corded Lawn Mowers Reviewed (7 Options to Choose From)
1, The Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower- 25022
- The first corded mower that we recommend you take a closer look at is the Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower which has a model number 25022 which are proven to be extremely popular and has received numerous positive reviews from many mowers across the country.
- The one thing here is the fact that it has the 3 in 1 capabilities where you can either side discharge, mulch or even do the rear collection and the fact that it is 20 inches wide means that you get a wider cut than many others each time you pass.
- In addition here, there is the 12 amp motor and the range of mow cuts varies from 1.75 inch to 3.5 inches and the fact that there is the easy cam lock on the handle, it allows for easy folding and storage when you have finished the garden mowing.
- The rear bag is included here so it does not have to be bought separately and it also has a 12 amp motor with the mulch plug and is perfect for your smaller type town house lawn. Please note also that there is a 4 year warranty which is above the norm and the price tends to be in the $130 to $170 regions when last seen at Walmart which can be double checked below.
2, The Earthwise 14-Inch 8-Amp Side Discharge/Mulching Corded Electric Lawn Mower - 50214
- Second on this list is the Earthwise 14-Inch Corded Electric Lawn Mower which has proven to be a great one-time investment for many people and of course it doesn't need any gas, oil and can be started very easily every time with the simple press of a button
- Please be aware that this model has the two in one system as it has a side discharge and mulching capability to give you a professional look for your lawns. Earthwise mower has a single lever to adjust the height settings from 1.5 inches to 4 inches which can be quite simple and gives lots of variability with the mow heights that you wish to choose.
- The width of this model is 14 inches and this is the clean air choice model – it is narrower than many other options and is ideal for your smaller town house time lawn. It has a V-shaped handle which can be folded easily for when you need to store the machine also.
- This model has 8 Amp motor and has a cord retention hook. For you notes, the product dimensions of this model are 38 by 19 by 46 inches and the price is always worth taking a closer look at as it tends to be one of the lowest priced options in the market.
3, The Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower 14 inch 12 Amp - MJ401E
- At number 3, we have the very popular Sun Joe MJ401E corded mower which is very lightweight coming in at just 28 pounds and is therefore very compact. Although it manages to grip in a 12 Amp motor, it is highly powerful than many other models and performs brilliantly time and time again, all you need to do is sharpen the blades from one season to the next.
- You can assemble this mower quite easily, it's very straightforward and takes just a few minutes. You just need to basically hook up the blades and tighten the handles into place. As expected, it has a smaller cutting deck so you need to make additional passes than you would with a larger model as it is only 14 inches wide.
- However, you won’t tire easily pushing this lawn mower around the yard. the Mow Joe MJ401E is a lean, mean and green mowing machine that gets your yard chore done without polluting the atmosphere with toxic carbon emissions. This mower starts immediately with the simple push of a button and its strong wheels make it easy to maneuver in rough and tight spaces. This machine is equipped with a durable steel blade, which cuts a 14 inches wide swath with each pass.
- The blades are made of steel and can be adjusted up to 3 cutting heights, which adjusts from 1.18 - 2.52 inches. The capacity of collecting bag is around 10.6-gallon to collect grass clippings and detaches easily for quick disposal. A comfortable handle lets you for easy and compact storage when not in use. It is an ETL-approved model which comes with a full 2 years warranty and the price bracket can be anywhere from $80 up as far as $120 depending on discount activities when we last checked it on sale with Walmart.
4, The WORX 13 Amp Caster Wheeled Electric Lawn Mower 19-Inch - WG719
- The WORX WG719 is a remarkable lawn mower, which has specially designed castor front wheels, so this mower has a practically firm turning circle, which can provide excellent maneuverability when avoiding obstacles and lawn boundaries.
- Please note also that the wheels can be protected into place with the push of a button. This corded WG719 model is 19 inches wide, has a 13-ampere motor, caster wheeled electric mower with 3 in 1 capabilities of mulching, collecting and side discharge.
- The Steel cutting deck gives great mulching capabilities. When you are not working with the WG719 model, the handle can be folded in and lets you the mower to be stored standing up. The electric lawn mower has 7 different height settings, which user can find the best possible height for his type of grass and the look they want.
- Additionally, the best thing you get with this model is the push-button starter mechanism that succeeds every time, and a folding handle for storing the lawn mower away in the small spaces. The other excellent features including is the gasoline-powered free engine, as this motor runs tremendously softly, which means that you can mow at any timing of the morning or evening without distressing your neighbors.
5, The BLACK+DECKER 13 Amp 20 Inch Corded Mower - MM2000
- At number 5 we have the reliable Black + Decker 13 Amp 20 inch Corded Mower which comes with a model number MM2000 and provides you with a 2 year limited warranty for you added security and confidence.
- One advantage here is the wider size of 20 inches on each pass so it means there are a lot less passes needed if your lawn is slightly larger than a regular small town house type lawn. Another thing also is the collection bag which has a capacity of 13 gallons and is easily detachable when you need to empty and start going again.
- The handle here is foldable also and it has mulching capability and tool free adjustments which can easily be done by hand. There are also 7 different mow height adjustments that range from 1.5 inches up as far as 4 inches and can be adjusted on a single lever rather than having to adjust each side.
- Here you get the 3 in 1 of rear bagging, side discharge and mulching ability and also the EdgeMax deck design which allows cutting up to the edge of fencing and flower beds when needed. The price here does tend to be slightly more expensive than the previous models but is certainly worth a closer look if it is of interest to you.
6, The Greenworks 18-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower - 25012
- Up next, we would also like to recommend the Greenworks 18-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower model number 25012 which has attracted many buyers withy positive feedback and reviews due to its overall reliability, performance, durability and attractive low price ranges.
- This mower will give you the 2 in 1 options of side discharge and mulching only and does not include the rear bag so only consider this model is the rear bag collection is something that you do not need or want. It is ideal for small to medium size lawns though mostly small and the mow heights here range from 1.75 to 3.75 in inches across 7 different levels.
- Of course, there is the 12 amp motor included and the wheel sizes are 7 inches at the front and 8 inches at the rear and the cam lock handle is another feature for easy folding and storage of the mower once the job is completed.
- The weight here is approx. 46 Ibs, it comes with a 4 year limited warranty and the price range can be anywhere from $90 to $140 when we last checked it on sale with Walmart.
7, The Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower + Mulcher 17 inch -13 Amp, 7-position - MJ403E
- The last corded mower today that we recommend that you consider is the Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower which has the Mulcher and this one has a reference number of MJ403E. This is slightly different in that this version has a 17 inch wide deck and includes the 13 amp motor and it also gives the 7 height adjustments. There is also a safety switch included here and of course is maintenance free.
- The overall size dimensions for this particular SunJoe Corded mower is approx. 33 by 18.6 by 15 in inches and weighs approx. 32 Ibs which is still very easy to move around the garden and push as a fast pace if needed if you are under time pressure to get other chores completed.
- Like before, you can easily start this machine with the simple press of a button – no pull cords are involved and it is your environmentally friendly alternative to the commercial gas mower type with lesser noise and no toxic fumes. This model is also ETL approved and comes with a 2 year limited warranty and the grass bag has a capacity of 12 gallons which is easily detachable when it comes to emptying.
- The mow height can be done on a single lever and the mow heights vary from 0.98 to 2.87 in inches. In terms of costs, the price when last seen is more or less in line with many previously outlined here and can be double checked below if you in interested in taking a closer look.
While you are here – feel free also to view a wider selection of popular Electric Mowers by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own experiences with Corded Electric mowers good or bad by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!