Hello and welcome to this detailed review for the Best Convection ovens that are available online and get delivered to your front door hassle free. A convection oven is a term used for an oven in which hot air is circulated inside by a fan and exhaust and heat is evenly distributed in the oven around the food with the help of this fan and exhaust system. As a result, hot air surrounds a food by removing the cold air and it is cooked more evenly in less time and at a lower temperature. In commercial heating oven heating element is connected near the fan for the heating purposes and a small fan is used to circulate the air in the cooking chamber. This heating element can be gas or electric powered. Normally, heating sources are present at the top and bottom of the oven which radiate uniform heat from both sides.
The fan is used to mix the currents of hot and cold air which it improves the heat transfer and increase the rate of cooking from the initial cold start and the flow of the hot air removes the insulating thin layer of cool air around the food. This phenomenon allows the foods to cook faster more uniformly even at low temperatures. In this way cooking time can be reduced by 21 percent and cooking temperature can be reduced 25-30 percent. As compared to a conventional oven, the cooking temperature is reduced in convection oven by the uniform distribution of heat. The effectiveness of the convective ovens depends on the reduction in the cooking temperature. The main factor affecting the effectiveness are for example; the amount of the food being cooked in the oven at a time or the amount of air flowing inside the oven during cooking whether it is being restricted by an oversize food or not. This difference in cooking temperature is counterbalance by increasing the flow of circulating air. As we know, the rate of heat transfers much faster in flowing air as compare to still air at the same temperature. In order to transfer the same amount of heat in the same time, one must lower the temperature to reduce the rate of heat transfer.
Helpful Tips and Points to consider before you buy a Convection Oven:
Overview: If you are looking to upgrade your kitchen or looking for best food making appliances for fast, then convective ovens are best choice for you. It deals in mass quantities with less time. Finding the best for your home is not a simple task which can fulfil your cooking demands. Lots of different choices, brands and models are available in the market to choose from.
Space: Size and spacing is an important factor in the selection of an oven. Commercial convection ovens are available in many different sizes for example from half-size to full-size according to the need of customer. They are also available models like both floor and countertop models, with single and double oven variants to maximizing cooking within your space. It mainly depends on your kitchen size how much space you have and how big oven you need. Normally, for gas convection ovens require sufficient space around the unit for appropriate airflow.
Gas / Electric: These ovens are available in both gas and electric powered. This seems to be a big question which one to install. It depends on the availability of the source. If there is no natural gas line available into your kitchen then you have automatically select an electric model. If both options are available, it’s better to choose an option which saves you money on utilities in your area.
Controller: Most of the ovens come in either manual or digital control options. Manual controls systems are very easy to use because in this system you to only have to select a desired temperature and cook time according to your menu. However, for commercial and large scale cooking programmable digital controls are used.
Warranty: Conditions of warranties are different for each manufacturer. Always be aware of your warranty of your unit and don’t compromise over it. So, do not buy the oven with less or no warranty. Therefore, always check out a manufacturer’s warranty and also be clear about the validity of your warranty and which things it covers
Features: Always buy convection ovens which have a clear door window and interior oven lights. With the help both these features you can observe what is cooking, from raw to cooked material, without ever having to open the oven door.
Ratings: At the end, it’s better to read the customers reviews about different types and brands of ovens. The users’ ratings reviews about the product will provide you a complete overview about the particular products. The experience of different customers can give you a true picture about the specifications of juicer you are planning to purchase.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Convection Ovens:
Q: What is a convection oven?
A: A convection oven, however, uses a fan to evenly distribute the heat from the heating element over and around the food for even cooking.
Q: Are convection ovens being able to cook food at faster rate?
A: Yes, its true food cooks faster in a convection oven because of the uniform distribution of the temperature as result of surface temperature of food increased. It helps in fast cooking of food as compare to the others
Q: Is a convection oven a better option compared to a conventional oven?
A: Yes it is, food is cooked more consistently. Hot spots are formed in regular ovens, because of the uneven distribution of the heat depending on where the heating element is installed. In the case of convection oven the fan circulate the air to help even temperature adjustments.
Q: Can we use aluminium foiling a convection oven?
A: Metal and foil can safely be used during the convection cooking but do not cover any food item completely with aluminium foil.
Q: Any special pans can be used convection ovens?
A: No, any regular pans can be used, but pans with lower sides are preferred because high pan-sides may block airflow
Best Convection Ovens Reviewed – 10 Models
1, The Oster Designed For Life Extra-Large Convection Countertop Oven (TSSTTVXLDG-002)
- First on the list is Oster Designed for life Extra Large convection Countertop oven and this model has a number of different settings available to you including defrost, pizza, toast, broil, bake any many more.
- There is an automatic shut off capability, the temperature range can go from 150F to 450F and a timer for 90 minutes is also available.
- The door is see through, there are 2 rack positions, a removable crumb tray to make your cleaning job easier and the baking pan is also included as standard.
- In term of size, this model comes in at 24 by 20 by 13 in inches and when last checked it was available for sale at Walmart for around $100 which can be double checked below.
2, The Breville Smart Convection Oven BOV800XL
- This 1800W convection toaster oven comes in a digital display the main feature of this display is that it turns blue when it is not working and turns orange when it is pre-heating.
- There are 9 different automatics programs from baking to cooking of different recipes. There are total of three dials that allow you to select from these 9 functions you want. The 5 Quartz heating elements are installed in this oven for heating purposes that work independently and it operates at 1800W.
- New IQ Element technology doesfunctions for you automatically e.g. it provides the right power when needed and also make other adjustment according to the taste.
- For safety and stability purpose place the oven on a flat, dry surface. The minimum distance of 4" (10cm), on both sides of the appliance should be left so that fan can take the air from the surrounding to throw inside the oven.
3, The Black + Decker Countertop Toaster Convection Oven
- Next on the list is the reliable Black and Decker Countertop Convection Toaster Oven and this model certainly does not disappoint and in particular the low price which tends to be on offer.
- It comes with a removable small crumb tray and it can be used simply for baking cakes, cookies, and toasting but this tray is not large enough to roast chicken and turkey.
- It can easily be taken out from the oven for cleaning purpose and to remove the crumbs from the bottom of the oven before they burn.
- This oven has a digital LED display on the front panel which can be read easily and it has automatic 120 minute timer for cooking; it turns off the oven when the timer is run out of time.
- This oven is a countertop oven which can fit in kitchen easily but please be careful while using it because it can get hot while using. Therefore, you should keep plenty of free space around it for safety purposes.
- The size here is 13'' H x 19'' W x 12'' D, it weighs only 12 Ibs and when last checked in was available for sale with Wayfair in the region of $45 to $60 and can be double checked below. In addition, a 2 year warranty is also available via Wayfair which gives peace of mind if you decide to buy.
4, The Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Convection & Rotisserie (31101)
- This particular convection oven from Hamilton Beach is another big favorite (Black Model) and it has an extra-large capacity and is capable of cooking 2 large 12 inch pizzas, whole rotisserie chicken, 2 cake pans and 2 9 inch by 13 inch casserole dishes.
- Your food will cook a lot faster here than your traditional conventional oven, there is the auto shut off feature for added safety, a drip tray and lifter, 2 cooking racks and you also get a 2 hour timer.
- One great benefit is the revolving rotisserie where the meat self-bastes as it turns and will give you excellent results every time.
- In terms of size, it comes in at just 20.75"W by 17"D by 12.5"H in inches and the price when last checked at Walmart is very attractive coming in at between $50 and $70 which can be checked directly below.
- Finally, it is also worth pointing out that there is a one year limited warranty available for this model via Walmart.
5, The KitchenAid 12 inch Convection Bake Digital Countertop Oven (KCO273SS)
- This oven is provided with the even-heat technology for the distribution of consistent heat all throughthe oven during the baking cycle for delicious results.There are two simple three simple knobs with three simple buttons and easy-to-read LCD display is present on the front panel to operate the oven.
- One of the knobs is used of select a suitable function for cooking out of these nine different programmed cooking functions. The new function known as Asado Roast Function is used for the roasting purpose; it accurately adjusts from high temperature to optimal cooking temperature for superior roasting.
- The second knob is used to adjust the temperature of the oven as well as the timer.
- 120 minutes timer function is also present which can alert you when your food is ready or finished. The interior of the oven is laminated non-stick material which make easy to clean your oven after cooking.
- The other facilities like 12-inch pan, non-stick drip tray, roasting pan and a cooling rack are also included with this oven for your convenience.
6, The Waring Pro Digital Convection Oven (TCO650)
- This particular convection oven from Waring has a capacity of 0.6 cu ft which is enough for baking 6 slices of bread and a 12 inch pizza and has a power output of 1500 watts.
- The controls system of this oven is very simple and is of touch-button type. With this one-touch settings you can easily toast, bagel, convection bake, pizza and broil with this convection oven.
- There is a large LCD display with 60 min timer is present at top of the control panel which gives all necessary information about the operational conditions of the oven.
- With this you also get the oven rack, crumb tray and a baking pan and this model has proven to be very popular with many kitchens throughout the nation
7, The Black + Decker 6-Slice Convection Countertop Toaster Oven (TO3000G)
- Another convection oven under the Black + Decker Brand and this time it’s the 6-slice countertop convection toaster oven model number TO3000G and this model will circulate heat around your oven to give you the best possible results and maximum efficiency.
- Included here if you consider buying is the 60 minute timer, there are 3 separate rack positions and these can be adjusted to allow larger items such as chickens.
- They also report here that this will cook 20% faster than previous models which can save you money in the long run with your energy bill and there is also a crumb tray included to help with the cleaning and maintenance
- It can handle 6 slices of bread, a 12 inch pizza and the functions set out can cater for baking, broil and tasting.
- In terms of value and price, when last checked at Walmart, it was available for sale for less than $40 which of course can be double checked below.
8, The Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven
- The volume of this oven is 0.75 Cubic-Foot capacity and all types of food can be cooked, rotisserie and grilled in this oven.
- 12 different type functions are inbuilt in this oven which can bake, grill, roast and cook all types of different food items.
- With the rotisserie function a 4-pound chicken or a 5-pound duck can be roasted easily without any issue.
- Select the type of poultry in the cooking menu to ensure it cooks at just the right temperature.
- A built-in timer turns off the oven automatically and keeps your alert about the progress of the food and the price can be easily viewed below
9, The Oster 6-Slice Convection Oven (TSSTTVRB04)
- The housing of this oven is made of brushed stainless steel and has a transparent glass door. There are three different nobs to the right of the door, one is used to control a temperature, other is used for different cooking function and last one is used for time.
- You can easily toast, broil, bake and roast in this convection oven. The overall size is 18 by 14 by 10.5 inches so it will easily fit on most countertops.
- The maximum temperatures which can use are 450 Fahrenheit and there is a 60 minute timer which will automatically shut-off the oven. You get a crumb tray which is easy to remove and clean, the rack can be placed in one of two positions to bake food of different sizes.
- It is low priced and easy to afford but even in this price range it good choice for high quality and even fastcooking I think this convection oven is well worth your investment.
10, The Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven (31103A)
- The last one on this list is the Hamilton Beach 31103A Countertop Oven and the body is made of a stainless steel finish and wide glass door through which you can see inside to check the progress of your food.
- The controls are of redial type and are easy to use and the door handle for opening and closing of door are present at the top.
- The capacity of the oven is 0.96 cu ft .you get two racks (perfect for baking a couple of pizzas)! You can also fit two 9 x 13 inch casserole dishes inside so you can quickly cook up a delicious meal for the whole family.
- This Countertop Oven comes all the necessaries you need forbaking, broiling and roasting. It includes removable drip tray, rotisserie skewer & lifter, 2 oven racks, 2 baking pans and a broiler rack and of course the low price available can be double checked below.
In summary, Convection ovens are an essential piece of kitchen equipment that should be used in any high volume kitchen. Even for those without much culinary expertise, the convection oven makes cooking easier. It's much safer to use than a microwave oven because it emits natural heat instead of harmful rays and is versatile enough to use for thawing food, broiling, baking, roasting, and anything else you can dream up. With lots of models of convection ovens, it can get pretty difficult choosing a unit built just for you. These ovens available in various sizes, colors, and with a range of operating features. Remember to find a unit with the features you want and one that will fit your available space. Allow for ample space around and above the unit so the heat can be released.
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share your own personal experiences with your own favorite Convection ovens with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below- so that other people in the community can learn also!
Finally, I hope this list for the Best Convection Ovens has helped you out and best of luck with your final decision.