Today, we have conducted a detailed research and review for the Best Chop Saws or Miter saws which are available to the general public and which also can be ordered online and delivered to your home hassle free from reputable suppliers and also the best brands. Chop saws which can also be called cut off saws are essentially used to cut through hard materials such as wood, and although they look similar to circular saws, they do not always allow you to cut at an angle. Chop saws can also be known under the description of Miter saws
Health & Safety Tips when using Chop Saws:
As chop saws use of sharp blades, safety is a very important precaution to take to ensure not only your safety, but also the safety of those around you. Please ensure that you have properly read our safety tips below, before you decide to take out the tool and use it
- Always familiarize yourself with the operation manual, before operating any type of dangerous equipment and be sure to ask some one’s advice if you are unsure of a particular aspect in regard to the tool
- Ensure that you take the appropriate safety precautions, such as gripping the handle securely and wearing the appropriate gear, such as safety gloves, eye goggles and some type of respirator mask to help to deal with any dust particles
- Please ensure that the blade is securely tightened before you decide to turn on the machine, and make sure that you are not wearing any loose-fitting clothes or jewellery when operating the machine
- When removing any impediments from the blade, please ensure that the saw is completely unplugged from its power source and always make sure that you handle the blades in the appropriate fashion
Some Buying Guide Tips for your Chop Saw:
Buying the right chop saw is no easy task, and some may look extremely similar at first viewing, but the trained eye will be able to pick up on any of the little differences that make certain chop saws stand out. Below we plan to give you just a few things to look out for when deciding on what chop saw to purchase
- If accuracy is your biggest concern, you should try and purchase a chop saw with an integrated laser guide to allow you to take more precise and accurate cuts. However not all laser systems are similar, so be sure to check the reviews
- For your added convenience, many chop saws come equipped with an additional dust bag to ensure that your workspace is as clean as possible at all times, and is also extremely beneficial in extending the lifespan of the saw, as it prevents dust from getting into it
- To ensure that the saw is capable of cutting the material you intend to use, you should ensure that you at least have a motor that is over 10 amps and the higher the rpm speeds the smoother your cuts will be, so be sure to purchase a saw that has a speed of at least 3000 rpm
- For added safety some chop saws come equipped with safety tools such as electric brakes as well as vice grips to tightly secure the bladed
Best Chop Saws Reviewed – 10 Models Outlined
1, The Hitachi 10 Inch Compound Miter Chop Saw - C10FCG
- The first chop saw that we will be discussing is the Hitachi C10FCG 15-Amp 10" Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw, which is highly regarded as one of the best chop saws in the world today and continues to win great praise for its extremely sturdy build and great performance
- Speaking of performance, the 15 -amp motor that powers this chop saw should be more than enough to cut through some of he toughest material and with speeds of up to 5000 rpm you can be assured that work will be done accurately and smoothly
- With the user’s comfort in mind this saw comes equipped with a bevel, which you can adjust as much as 45 degrees to the left to provide far more precise and accurate cuts, and if you want even more flexibility the saw has a angle range of up to 52 degrees
- With all tools you purchase, safety is a huge concern and for the safety of the customer, this tool has the added benefit of a clamping system to ensure that the piece is properly secured. This product weighs just under 25 pounds, with dimensions of 21.5 by 18.1 by 22.9 inches and should cost you in the region of $90 to $120 when we last seen on sale with Walmart.
2, The DEWALT 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw - DW715
- For our next item, we are going to be discussing the DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw. Dewalt is one of the most popular manufacturers of power tools, both corded and cordless in the world today and are renowned not only for their performance and quality but also their very easy to understand features, meaning that even the most inexperienced person can get to grips with their items quickly
- Just like our previous chop saw, this model is also powered by a 15 -amp motor, but instead boasts speed of 4000 rpm, however you should not let this lower rpm turn you off, 4000 rpm is more than enough for professional woodworker, so it should be enough for you
- For improved accuracy in your cutting, the chop saw comes with mitre system, that will help to optimize the cutting accuracy, and with the ability to adjust the steel plate into 10 different positions, you allow for far more variety in your cuts
- With the use of the carbide blade, cutting through wood becomes as easy as cutting through butter, and if you ever need to replace the blade, you will be pleased to know of the blade wrench that is included, also the added dust bag will help keep your work area clean and tidy. Despite all these added features, this saw will cost you more but is well worth it if you have the extra money to spend
3, The PORTER-CABLE 15 Amp Chop Saw 14 Inch Chop Saw - PCE700
- Up next, we have one of the most reliant chop saws in the business the PORTER-CABLE PCE700 15 Amp Chop Saw. A big reason for this items reliability is the fact that it is extremely well built, and designed to suit your needs for many years to come
- Once again, it is a 15-amp motor that powers this chop saw, however its 3800 rpm, means it will not probably not suit someone who is a professional carpenter, but should be more than powerful enough for your average and more inexperienced user
- Speaking of inexperience, this tool also comes with a quick release clamp that will allow you to securely keep the piece of wood in place, so that you will avoid any accidental injuries and with the added mitre adjustment you have the ability to cut 45-degree angles
- In addition to this, the added spark deflector, will help to ensure the safety of the person operating the machine, and with the added spindle lock, you can easily replace the blades without too much hassle. Speaking of little hassle, this product should only cost you around $100 to $130 when last seen on sale with Walmart which depends on discount activities.
4, The Evolution Power Tools 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw - RAGE3
- Now is the time to discuss one of the more advanced item on this list, the Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw. This saw has increasingly become one of the most popular Miter Saws amongst professional woodworkers and carpenters today
- A big reason for its popularity amongst the professionals, is its multi-purpose cutting, which will allow you to make numerous compound miter cuts through materials, such as wood, plastic and aluminium and with the miter system having 9 positive steps, you will much more variety in your cutting
- An added feature that this saw allows, is the ability to adjust the cutting depth, this ability will allow you to use the saw for both grooving and trenching, which are very important tools in the eyes of a woodworker, and with the carbide blades, cutting through wood is an effortless task
- With this item, you also have the option of purchasing a stand with it, to allow you to work in more comfort, although obviously this will increase your wage bill. The saw comes in at a weight of just under 40 pounds and has dimensions of 30 by 20 by 25 inches, so be sure that you have the appropriate space for one in your tool shed. All in all, this saw does cost more than the average chop saw but is definitely worth taking a closer look at.
5, The Delta Shopmaster 10" Slide Miter Saw with Laser - S26-261L
- Next, we have the Delta S26-261L Shopmaster 10 inch Slide Miter Saw with Laser. This particular saw, although one of the newer models is slowly beginning to take the chop saw world by storm, with its enviable design and it easy to use features, which can be of great help to even the most inexperienced of users
- One of the biggest helps, that this chop saw provides is the inclusion of a laser guide which allows you to cut with much more accuracy and with a bevel design of up to 45 degrees, you allow for much more variety in your cutting technique
- For the ease of the customer, this item compact and lightweight design means that the device is extremely portable and easy to carry around and so therefore will not cause too much fatigue and the very ergonomic handle allows you to perform your work without any stress
- For your added convenience, this item comes equipped with a dust bag to allow you to keep your work area as free from any impediments as possible and todays price can be easily checked below.
6, The DEWALT 14-Inch Abrasive Chop Saw - D28710
- We once again return to the DeWalt brand, but this time to talk about the DEWALT D28710 14-Inch Abrasive Chop Saw, and like the previous DeWalt model we discussed, this item has received the highest of praise from both professionals and inexperienced users alike for its incredible design and durability
- Like the previous DeWalt model we discussed, this item is powered by a 15 -amp motor which will allow you to cut through some of the toughest materials, and with the clamping function you are able to securely tighten the piece of wood that you are trying to cut, this will help to prevent any accidental accidents
- With the inclusion of the spindle lock, replacing the blades becomes an extremely easy and stress-free task, and speaking of blades, the aluminium oxide coating ensures a longer life and smoother running blades and the addition of the ergonomic handle allows for much more comfort when adjusting the angle of the blade
- This chop saw boasts dimensions of 21.9 by 14.6 by 17 inches and comes in at a weight of around 39 pounds, and should cost you in the region of somewhere between $170 to $220 but is subject to ongoing discount activities.
7, The Ryobi 10 in. Compound Miter Saw with Laser Line - ZRTS1345L
- Up next, we have the extremely popular and well-built Ryobi ZRTS1345L 10 in. Compound Miter Saw with Laser Line, which is the perfect chop saw for someone who is quite inexperienced as its easy to use features make it so that even a novice use will be able to use this machinery
- As an assurance of this objects quality, the saw has been approved by and met the standards that all Ryobi products have to meet before they can be shipped out to the public, so once it meets these standards you can be sure that you are purchasing a product of the highest quality
- Speaking of quality, the integrated laser on this machine, will allow you to perform cuts with much more accuracy and precision and in addition to this the dual bevel scale is also extremely visible so you can better perform the cutting action
- Finally, for even more security, the electric brake of this product allows for an even safer and more secure experience, and with a weight of under 30 pounds this item is far more mobile and easier to carry around.
8, The SkilSaw 14 Inch Abrasive Chop Saw
- As we continue our list of the best chop saws, we would like to introduce you to the 14 In. Abrasive Chop Saw, which has been manufactured by the extremely reliable Skilsaw brand. This tool may not have some of the more stand out features like some of its counterparts, but is extremely effective in its simplicity
- In regard to effectiveness, this saw is once again powered by a 15 -amp motor, and has rpm speeds of up to 4400 rpm, that gives you the ability to cut through some of the toughest materials, such as wood metal and plastic, and this product is specifically designed for cutting abrasive metal
- With the addition of the comfortable and ergonomic handle, using the saw is an extremely smooth experience that not only brings comfort to the user but also the lack of discomfort will help you to avoid injury, and with the quick lock vice, you can easily remove blades without any trouble
- Finally, one of the biggest reasons for this items popularity is its incredibly compact design, and with a weight of just over 30 pounds, this item should not cause too much fatigue if you have to carry it. The price of this item is anywhere between $140 to $180 region and todays price can be viewed here.
9, The General International Power Products 14 Inch Chop Saw - BT8005
- As we begin to approach the end of our list we would like to introduce you to the General International Power Products BT8005 14" Chop Saw, an extremely well designed and reliable product that has quickly begun to make a name for itself in the ever-populated world of chop saws
- A reason for this items popularity is its steel construction which ensures that the product will be impervious to most hindrances that you can throw at it, and with the extremely comfortable and easy to grip handle, using the saw is one of the least stressful things you will ever do
- With this saw you have the ability to cut items up to 4-1/2-inches and with the helpful addition of a arbour lock, blade replacement has become easier than ever and with a 15 -amp motor and cutting speeds up to 3800 rpm the cuts are extremely reliable
- As an assurance of this products quality, this item is backed by a 2-year warranty, and should only cost you somewhere in the region of $90 to $140 but please double check below
10, The Makita Cut-Off Saw - LW1401
- The final item, which we will be discussing is the Makita LW1401 Cut-Off Saw, which has proven over the past few years to be amongst the most reliable chop saws available to purchase today and has received the highest of praise from both the every day user, and from professional publications
- A big reason for this items popularity is its extremely powerful 15 -amp motor, that delivers speeds of up to 3800 rpm, for an extremely impressive performance, that allows you to easily cut through some of the toughest materials, with as little effort as possible, and for added safety, a spark guard will help prevent against burns
- Also, with this product you have the benefit of an extremely easy to grip ergonomic handle, which allows you to use the saw with extreme comfort, and the weight of the object is very evenly balanced, so the chances of fatigue are greatly reduced and with the ability to adjust the blades at 45-degree angles left or right, you have much more variety in your cuts
- Finally, this product comes with very reasonable dimensions of 14.5 by 22.4 by 18.6 inches and has a combined product weight of about 43 pounds, and with the addition of a spindle lock, you can easily replace the wheel and the price is certainly affordable for the quality and brand that you are getting.
Also – while you are here, feel free to take a closer look at popular Chop Saws by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Chop Saws and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!!!