Hello once again and welcome to this review on the Best Air Purifiers which are currently available to order online and delivered to your home hassle free. If you want to manage and control asthma and other allergies, you would like to make the air around you as dirt-free as possible, an air purifier is a machine in your house to help you to take breathe a bit easily. The EPA (Environment Protection Agency) is saying that the indoor air has 2-5 times the amount of pollutants than outdoor air which includes dust mites, pollen, dander, and other airborne things that make you cough and sneeze.
Indoor air become pollutant because of gassing from all the products in your home. To get rid of smells, containing crippling allergies, or just need a breath of fresh air, an air purifier is certainly a needed home appliance. These portable air purifiers are available from low price $20 to high price $1,000 for a large heavy-duty unit. They have inside them high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters placed in series and a fan, which eliminate dust, pollen, mold, and other unwanted particles from the air.
Several air purifiers have carbon filters that can undertake smoke and other odours. Air purifiers help to improving indoor air quality starts with minimizing pollutant sources such as cigarette smoke or dust and pet dander.
Points and Tips to Consider before you buy an Air Purifier:
Before you are going to buy a new air purifier unit, you must know that air purifiers come with number of warnings. Initially, many users rave concerning about air purifiers, as there’s no concrete verifications that air purifiers will provide you any kind of health improvement.
Second thing is that some air purifiers contain ionizers that release low levels of ozone, which experts say can actually make worse respiratory conditions. They must typically meet strict emissions standards.Many air purifiers models have operating costs of $150 to $200 annually for filter replacement and electricity (mainly for filters). Filter prices can range from around $10 to $100. Some units use a pre-filter to capture large airborne particles before they reach the HEPA filter, possibly extending its life.
Room Air purifiers consisting of following features:
- Most air purifiers use a fan to suck in air for filtration. Units without a fan run more gently, but work poorly
- Servicing indicator: This feature indicates you, when the unit require to be cleaned or the filter replaced.
- Programmable timer: These controls allow you to set the purifier to run a few hours before you’ll be using a room, or turn it off automatically.
- Carrying handle: Makes it simple to move unit from space to other
- Number of speeds: The unit regulate to your air cleaning requirements, lower when you are sleeping or working and need quiet, higher when it’s prime pollen time
- Ionizer: If a unit has an ionizer (which attracts particles by an effect like static electricity), it’s significant that it does not produce ozone, check the ratings of the machine as Ozone is a possible lung irritant
- Remote control: you can easily adjust settings from across the room.
- Dirt sensor: In some models, the unit automatically adjusts fan speed to the level of dirt or dust in the air
- Washable filter: A washable & reusable, pre-filter collects large particles depending if washable, it can help to cut overall costs
You should always keep following these simple steps to reduce indoor air pollutions
- Vacuum often and carefully with a vacuum with HEPA filtration.
- No smoking indoors allowed
- Clean and maintain your heating and cooling appliances and change air filters regularly.
- Minimize use of candles and wood fires
- Utilize exhaust fans in kitchen, bath, and laundry areas
- Don't store chemicals, solvents, glues, or pesticides near your living quarters
- If pollen or related allergies keep you from opening windows, run your air conditioner or forced-air cooling system with a clean air filter
Some Frequently Asked Questions that came up about Air Purifiers…
Q: What causes indoor air pollution?
A: Modern constructed houses are sealed firmly for energy efficiency. Energy efficient homes are excellent to reduce your electric costs, but terrible for your allergies. Normally all types of contaminants in home are pollen that blows in when a door or window is opened, cat dander that hitches a ride on clothing, chemicals and irritants released by cleaners or cooking and volatile organic compounds from furniture and carpet. Pollutants like cigarette smoke, pollen, mold, dust, and animal dander can cause asthmatic and allergic reactions, making homes unpleasant and unhealthy for allergy and asthma patients. The contaminants, like chemically reactive gases, can cause allergic reactions with some being carcinogenic and toxic.
Q: How do HEPA air purifiers perform?
A: Naturally, polluted air is drawn into an air purifier, in HEPA air purifiers, a washable pre-filter traps bigger and visible particles. Air then generally passes through a HEPA filter. HEPA filter media is composed of millions on very thin fiber-glass fibers that combine to form a fabric like paper. As air passes through it, allergens such as pollen, animal dander, mold spores, and dust get trapped in the tiny filaments of the filter. Many HEPA air purifiers also contain a carbon filter to capture chemicals, odours, and gases. Once the dirty air has pass through all the filtration stages, then it sends clean air back into the room.
Q: Is it necessary to run air purifier all the time?
A: For optimum operation, it is recommended that you should run air purifier continuously. If noise is a concern for you, run it at higher speeds as you are away for work or school then turning the fan speed low to quieter levels before bedtime or when you come back home.
Q: How often there is need to replace the filters?
A: Typically, you need to replace the carbon filters after every 3 months, and main filter annually. To cut costs, look for room models that are Energy Star certified, meaning they are relatively energy-efficient compared to standard models. Some models have washable filters that can be reused. In general, low-priced air purifiers require replacement once a year, with more expensive brands recommended three to five year replacement intervals.
Q: How noisy are air purifiers?
A: Before you buy your air purifier, if possible, ask for a demonstration of the unit how it works and see the noise level. Some air purifiers are tremendously quiet, while nearly all can be pretty noisy when operating at high power, and many of air purifiers, there are decibel ratings mentioned on it.
Review of the Best Air Purifiers
1, The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover - 465 sq Ft (HPA300)
Overview of Features:
- If you are serious to provide a clean healthy air to your loved ones in your house, then get a Honeywell HPA 300 True HEPA Allergen Remover, gets a top ratings in the expert tests for efficiently removing dust, pollen, and smoke from the air. It provides cleans air in a large room five times an hour, letting you breathe a little deeper.
- This air purifier is Energy Star-rated and certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) for spaces as large as 465 square feet. User feedback is amazing as they saying that the HPA 300 is simple to use and relatively silent.
- There are four speeds options available from low to turbo and it has an integrated timer. It has an in-built indicator that reminds you when you have to change the filters. As per reviewers, low speeds are just fine for mostly day to day use, although higher speed settings are helpful for tackling dust or odors as rapidly as possible, especially in case of a smoky cooking mishap.
- Users can also alter the light brightness on the control panel, which is particularly handy to use in a bedroom. This is a noisy air purifier but still among the quietest when on the highest speed setting although it’s nearly silent on its lowest speed. The weight of this air purifier unit is 21 pounds with product dimensions of 24 inches tall, 22 inches wide and 13 inches deep.
- The HPA 300 purifier unit is a bit large and while the effective black casing won’t win any beauty contests, it won’t draw attention in a corner. It has built-in handles to make it easy to move from place to other. This unit has 3 HEPA filters and 1 odor reducing carbon filter.
- The carbon filter should be altered every 3 months. The HEPA filters should be changed once a year. The price tag I have seen here is around the $200 to $250 region
2, The GermGuardian 3 in 1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter UV-C Sanitizer (AC4825)
Overview of Features:
- Clean air is a massive indoor need but it shouldn’t be expensive, so there a top rated GermGuardian AC4825 air purifier. As generally less-expensive units, this purifier is most excellent for smaller rooms, appropriate for spaces up to 155 square feet.
- It has carbon and HEPA filters with Energy Star certification, additionally it also has UV-C light to fight against germs and bacteria. This AC4825 unit has three speed settings, but it lacks some of the special features as it's a low-priced model, for example, it has no timer/automatic mode.
- Although, the air purifier unit is comparatively quiet, especially on low speed, although medium and high fan speeds sound more like a white noisy machine. The push button controls on top of the air purifier are simple to use, but the panel’s LED lights are little bright can disturb your sleeping in the bedroom, mainly the UV-C light indicator.
- You will find the reminder lights that blink when the time comes to alter a filter or the UV light. This black AC4825 model is tall and slim, with dimensions of 21.5 inches tall, 10 inches wide and 7 inches deep.
- The unit has a combined pre-filter, carbon filter and HEPA filter that should be changed after every 6 months.
- The UV light should be replaced annually.
3, The AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier for 1256 sq. ft (Alexa compatible)
Overview of Features:
- Reduce the indoor air pollution of your living place by having AIRMEGA 300S air purifier with some additional features, smooth design and an impressive reach makes it a worth consideration.
- This air purifier unit covers around 1,200 square feet at two air changes an hour with the real time monitor changes colours according to air quality. AIRMEGA’s actual claim to reputation is that it’s software application equipped, as a result you can control it with your smart devices.
- This unit has four fan speeds, a timer, and auto, eco with sleeping modes.
- Auto mode automatically adjusts the purifier’s speed based on current air quality, while eco shuts down the fan when air quality is good and restarts it when needed. Sleep mode automatically detects darkness and cuts fan speed.
- The AIRMEGA unit is calm and effective.
- This air purifier needs a HEPA filter and washable carbon filter.
- A set of two HEPA filters cost about $99. Filters should be changed annually and indicators inform users when filters need to be changed.
4, The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Black Air Purifier - (SPA-780A)
Overview of Features
- The Rabbit Air MinusA2 will fit in a larger room as it covers a lot of ground, so it should be particularly appealing to homeowners with open floor plans.
- It’s useful in spaces up to 815 square feet with two air changes per hour, or 408 square feet with four air changes an hour (more air changes are better for allergy sufferers).
- User can even select a customized filter optimized for their requirements as odor removal and pet allergies.
- This is an energy star certified with six stage purification and deodorization system and it has five speed options with push button controls and it automatically regulates fan speed according to air quality sensors.
- Filter kits can be replaced which cost about $85, all filters should be replaced annually.
- The Minus A2 purifier model can either stand on its own or be mounted to the wall.
- It weighs about 19 pounds with dimensions roughly 24 by 23 by 10.
5, The Coway Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode (AP-1512HH)
Overview of Features
- Coway was established in 1989, they are dedicated to researching and developing environmental solution to improve common living standards. The Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode is a smooth, efficient unit for small places.
- This Coway air purifier is AHAM certified for rooms up to 350 square feet and cleans the air four times per hour. This energy star certified air purifier is super-efficient. It reduces pollution by more than half in just 20 minutes on medium 55 dB, Coway AP-1512HH has an ionizing function, which can introduce ozone to the air in your room as an additional purifying process, however, this function is user controlled.
- This AP-1512HH model has a timer, 3 speeds, an automatic mode with an energy-saving eco mode. The produced noise is negligible at low speed and comparable to a standard fan on the high-speed settings.
- The weight of this model is 12.35 pounds with dimensions of 18 by 17 by 9.5 inches. It is a more attractive, particularly if you like up to date new designs.
- It has a washable pre- filter for larger particles, a carbon filter that should be changed every 6 months, and a HEPA filter that should be changed yearly.
6, The Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier (50250-S)
Overview of Features:
- Firstly, this air purifier under the Honeywell brand is well recommended by doctors and the glass fiber HEPA filter will capture 99.97% of different types of airborne particles 0.3 microns or larger.
- The HEPA filter can be vacuumed also to extend the shelflife so that it can be replaced in 3 to 5 years and this model really is ideal for your larger type space.
- This air purifier will significantly reduce the level of pet dander, mold spores, pollen and dust in your room and it includes also the filter life indicator so you know when it will need to be adjusted.
- The more common household odors will also be removed along with fur and ling and the Intelli Check Electronic Filter Indicator eliminates any guess work about its performance and it will tell you exactly when you need to change or clean your filters – for a consistent performance
- The weight is less than 23 Ibs and the size is 16.59 by 16.59 by 18.46 in inches.
- Pricewise – it is not the cheapest but also not the most expensive – I have seen it on sale in the $150 region – check it out below…
7, The Holmes Personal Space Air Purifier – Budget low priced alternative (HAP116Z-U)
Overview of features:
- While the performance level of this Air purfier is not as good as the other models highlighted in this review, it would be considered extremely attractive due to the low price that it tends to be on offer at.
- In addition, it really is only suited for smaller type areas and it does have a compact design and the multi stage filter.
- It has 2 speed settings and will help people with allergies or asthma by removing the pollen, odors and smoke.
- It has the ionizer to remove pet dander and dust also and can be placed on your counter top, hallway, the floor or your dresser.
- The weight is less than 3 Ibs and the size is only 7.20 by 5.51 by 7.87 in inches
- If you are looking for a cheap low priced solution, take a look below as I have seen it on sale for less than $15…
8, The Honeywell QuietClean Black Air Purifier (HFD140)
Overview of Features:
- This air purifier under the Honeywell brand will capture 99% of airborne particles and it includes filters which are washable.
- This particular model has the patented 3-step permanent filtration system to help capture the majority of unwanted pollutants so you can expect to get a higher level of performance
Filters only need to be rinsed and cleaned once every 3 months – there or there abouts.
- The types of airborne particles it will capture is fine dust, pet dander, mold spores, smoke and pollen.
- There is also the filter check indicator which will alarm you when action is needed with the filter
- The room size that it will perform best in is approx. 170 square foot, the weight is only 12 Ibs and the size dimensions are 11 by 10 by 30 in inches
- One big advantage that you will like here also is that there is a 5 year warranty included
9, The Winix PlasmaWave Room True HEPA Air Purifier (Washable Carbon Filter)
Overview of Features:
- This air purifier under the Winix brand replaced the popular 5500-2 model and can be used in medium to large type living spaces. Again it has the ability to capture pollen, dust particles, pet dander, mold spores, smoke and various household odors with its carbon pre filter.
- It has an excellent Clean air delivery rate (CADR) from the association of home appliances manufacturers (AHAM) and has a 3 stage air cleaning system with washable filters.
- Typically this unit will capture 99.97% of unwanted particles and has 4 speed fans that range from whisper low to turbo charge so you get a lot more flexibility in how you can use it.
- This air purifier has the ability to work in a room size of 360 sq foot, has a light sensor for lowering fan speeds and it also includes the Plasmawave technology which neutralizes various bacteria and unwanted vapors and gases.
- The dimensions of this unit are 23.6'' H by 14.9'' W by 7.8'' D, it has a cord length of 78 inches and the weight is 20 Ibs
- In terms of price, it is reasonable and I have seen it for sale for less than $160 and a 2 year warranty is also included when you buy.
10, The TruAir Room HEPA Air Purifier from Hamilton Beach
Overview of Features:
- Spring time is the worst time of the year for allergens and this TruAir air purifier will certainly help you deal with any unwanted odors and will capture 99% of airborne particles as small as 3 microns.
- This model comes from Hamilton beach who are a trusted brand and it comes in a nice compact design and will blend in easily with your dwelling
- The one major advantage of this purifier is that there is NO NEED TO REPLACE THE FILTER! So there is zero hassle when it comes to finding and buying replacement filters – all you need to do is keep it clean by vacuum.
- It is fairly quiet also when compared to other models and will work in a room sized approx. 160 square foot. Another feature that you will like here also is that it will work both vertically and horizontally so moving it about and positioning it wherever you want is also hassle free.
- It has 3 speeds – low / medium / high and there are vents in the sides and also the front. The only thing perhaps you won’t like is that there is no remote control included for this particular unit.
- The weight is only 7 Ibs, the dimensions are 13.5'' H by 6'' W by 6'' D and they provide a 1 year warranty upon purchase.
- In terms of price – it is very attractive and I have seen it on sale for less than $50 from time to time
On a final note, the above list of air purifier models provides you the best available top rated models. These portable air purifiers units range from low priced to expensive more heavy duty models. Most rely on high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters, which remove dust, pollen, mould, and other undesirable particles from the air.
Many air purifiers also have carbon filters that undertake smoke and other odors. This is best gift you can give to your family to provide pollutant, dirt free and clean air for your homes.
It would also be greatly appreciated if you can share your own personal experiences with Air Purifiers with the community by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!