Welcome once again and if you are looking to find out the Best Air Fryers which are available across the market, then definitely take a quick look through this detailed review where 8 of the Best Air Fryers for use at home are displayed.
This research has been conducted across 3 channels for you to choose from and make sure to take a look at the price checkers outlined below to make sure you get the best value for your money.
So, what exactly are Air Fryers???
Air Fryers use the process and mechanism of cooking food using hot air instead of using oil and they have proven to be a much more popular and healthier alternative to the conventional deep fat fryers. The appliance will use the hot air in conjunction with the foods moisture content to create steam which is needed to complete the overall cooking processes. Another thing also if you need to avoid saturated fats and fried foods as part of your overall diet, then the air fryer is a natural choice.
What are the benefits of buying an Air Fryer?
- Health: The biggest benefit is your own health where you do not need to use oil to cook your food and you can avoid deep fried foods and saturated fats which can help your dietary requirements and also reduce your calorie intake. In some cases, they can deliver cooked food with 75% less fat content.
- Cleaning: The clean up after the cooking is so much easier than the deep fryer and you will find that in many case the removable parts are dishwasher friendly.
You can choose to buy a lower priced Air Fryer if you need to work on a tighter budget and there are also more premium models available also which are more expensive – overall you get a great choice of brands and models to choose from.
- Oil Usage: There is no need for the harvesting of oils which is environmentally friendly and you can avoid the longer term costs of using and replacing cooking oils on an on-going basis.
Some Frequently asked questions about Air Fryers...
- Q. What size Air fryer should you choose?
- A. For a family 2 to 4 a 3.2 to 3.7 quart fryer will work and for a family of 4+ go for something on the region of 5.8 to 6 quart
- Q. How do the prices of Air dryers compare to deep fryers?
- A. The prices are generally more expensive and most are available for $100+, some are available for $60 approx. also if you shop around.
- Q. Does it take longer to cook food with the Air fryer?
- A. Yes, it will take longer to cook the cook using the air fryer when compared to the deep fryer but it can start quicker as there is no oil to heat up. Some premium models can do it in less than 20 minutes such as the Emerald model featured in number 5 on the list below.
- Q. What level of power do they use?
- A. They typically use between 800 watts and 2100 watts of power, the higher the wattage - the more expensive they are.
- Q. How much food can they cook in one sitting?
- A. This will depend on the model and can vary from 2 pounds up as far as 10 pounds and sometimes more
- Q. Does the air dry out the food excessively?
- A. No, but you will find that the food is dryer when compared to deep fat fried. It is important to follow the instructions to ensure that the food you cook does not lose an excessive amount of moisture. Otherwise the quality and the taste of the food will deteriorate.
- Q. How does the clean up compare to deep fryers?
- A. There is no oil to worry about which makes it so much easier and quicker and in nearly all cases the removable parts are dishwasher friendly
- Q. Can Air fryer be used on frozen foods?
- A. Yes of course but please make sure you apply the correct temperature and time settings to make sure the product is cooked right through.
Best Air Fryers Reviewed – 8 Models across 3 Channels
1, The Big Boss 16 Liter Oil-Less Air Fryer
- First on this list is the Big Boss 16 Liter Oil-Less Air Fryer which has received numerous positive reviews and ratings from consumers across the country which is always a good starting point and operates of a power level of 1300 watts.
- There are no fattening cooking oils and will still give your food a nice crisp taste using the Halogen heater and can be used for chicken pieces, chips, French fries, and so much more. It uses the convection heat to cook the food within without having to dry the external parts of the foods out.
- Included here also are the two cooking racks which allow multiple foods to be cooked simultaneously in the large round frying chamber which adds additional flexibility to your cooking requirements.
- The capacity here is 10 pounds, there is an auto shut off system in place and the parts are also dishwasher friendly. There is also the ability to set different programs whichever is needed
- The weight here is 17 Ibs, the dimensions for your counter top is 16'' H by 13'' W by 14'' D and there is also a lifetime warranty which is a great bonus to have.
- In terms of price, I have seen it available for sale with Wayfair for between $70 and $90 which can be double checked below.
2, The Kalorik Digital Airfryer with Dual Layer Rack
- Second on this list is the Kalorik Digital Air fryer with the dual layer rack which allows you the ability to roast, bake, grill and fry and you can use it for onion rings, French fries, vegetables and steaks to mention but a few.
- It is very simple to use and operate using the touchscreen interface on its LED control panel and the temperature can be adjusted up to 400-degrees Fahrenheit. The hot air circulates around the food based on your settings and the capacity here is 2 Ibs of food.
- You also get a built-in timer for 60 minutes and you can add either frozen of fresh foods and the basket size for this particular model is 3.2 quarts. To make things even easier for you, you are provided with 7 pre-set program settings which takes away a lot of the guesswork and they also throw in a 25 plus recipe book as a bonus for inspiration.
- The parts are also dishwasher friendly, it can be used for a family of 4 and the price region tends to be around $80 to $130 at Wayfair depending on discount activities.
3, The Farberware 3.2 Quart Air Fryer (Black)
- Another very popular Air Fryer which tends to be available for less than $100 is the Farberware 3.2 Quart Air Fryer and it comes in a nice shiny black color. Again, you get more than just a fryer here as it can also be used for baking, roasting and grilling – whatever you need.
- Overall, this model is very versatile and multi-functional and can be used for chicken pieces, steaks, vegetables, roast potatoes, onion rings and french fries and of course there is no mess to clean up afterwards and no oil to drain away and discard of safely.
- One thing here also is how quickly you can start the cooking process without having to wait for the oil to heat up and the basket has the capacity here of 3.2 quarts and they provide a nice useful recipe book to inspire you also which comes with the model if you choose to buy.
- There is also the auto shut down system as standard, it weighs 13.5 pounds and the price level when last checked at Walmart was between $70 and $100 which of course can be double checked below.
4, The GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL (plus 50 Recipes Book)
- This Air Fryer has proven to be extremely popular and has a larger capacity of 5.8 quarts which can feed a family of 4 people and even more and in addition it comes with the non-stick FDA certified and PFOA free pan and also the detachable basket equipped with a cool touch handle for ease of use.
- Another feature also is the button guard to prevent any accidental detachment. This Airy fryer has the capability to grill, bake, roast and fry without the need for any oil whatsoever and they also give a very user-friendly touch screen menu system to help you with specific settings and eliminating any guesswork.
- Not only can it cook French fries, it can also cook a variety of other food products such as chicken pieces, pizza, fish products pork and steaks. One thing here also is the alarm system for shaking the ingredients in specific time intervals to ensure the ingredients get turned during the cooking cycles.
- The temperature range here is 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and they also provide a useful recipe book to help give you ideas and inspiration. Finally, also the 8 pre-set settings included make it very easy for the lesser inexperienced cooks and overall it has proven to be one the best choices for many homes across the country.
5, The Emerald 5.2 Liter Air Fryer with Digital LED Touch Display
- This Air Fryer has proven to be an excellent performer in terms of the pace and speed in which it can cook food and generally the food is ready to go in approx. 10 to 20 minutes which saves you a lot of time if you are always in a hurry.
- It operates off a power level of 1800 watts and provides a high speed and high velocity hot air cycle so again if speed is something that motivates you get you should definitely take a closer look at this Air fryer model.
- The design of the heat application will also maintain the level of moisture in the interior of the food while also giving you a nice crispy exterior and operates with little to no oil at all. A digital control setting is provided to make it easier for you and comes with the auto shut off system as standard.
- The warranty provided here is 6 months, it comes in at a weight of 14 pounds and the dimensions for your countertop is 15'' H by 13'' W by 13'' D. The removable parts are also dishwasher friendly and operates a temperature range of 180- to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lastly, the price is also very attractive for what you get and when last seen, it was available for sale for between $100 and $200 at Wayfair depending on the level of discount activities.
6, The Kalorik Eat Smart Air Fryer
- One more Air fryer that has proven to be very popular is the Kalorik Eat Smart Air Fryer which can generally cook a portion of French fries in around 20 minutes duration. Again, it can be used for a selection of different food products be it steaks, vegetables, roasts, onion rings and chicken pieces.
- There is also a recipe book included like many other models a offers a 60 minute, built-in timer with automatic shut-off for your added protection. The temperature gauge operates up to 400 degrees and provides the ability to roast, grill, bake and fry – whatever is needed,
- Unlike the deep fryer, this can start to cook quickly as there is little to no preheating time required and the removable parts can be added to your dishwasher for a quick and easy clean up and a 1 year warranty is also provided.
- Please note also that the basket here is 2.3 quarts and can hold 1.5 pounds of food at any given time and is generally available for between $60 to $120 at Wayfair and operates off a power level of 1500 watts
7, The GoWISE USA 3.7-Quart Programmable 8-in-1 Air Fryer (GW22611)
- Similarly to the model outlined further above, this particular Air fryer from GoWise is a 3.7 quart 8 in 1 programmable Air fryer and is generally suited for the smaller type family of 2 to 4 people.
- Like the others, the temperature range available here of 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer work off a 30 minute duration (or as low as 1 minute). One of the main features here that attracts many buyers is the simple to use 8 pre-set functions so it takes away any guesswork for the inexperienced cooks.
- The variety of food products that can be used is large such as steaks, fish, French fries, pork, cake, onion rings and a recipe book is thrown in also with 50 recipes to give you additional ideas.
- Please note also that the weight here comes in at 11 pounds, the dimensions for your countertop is 9.5 by 9 by 12 inches and the price tends to be one of the lowest available across the marketplace and is considered great value for the quality of the product you get.
8, The NuWave Black 6-Qt. Digital Air Fryer (37001)
- Last on the list is the larger type NuWave Black 6 quart digital Air Fryer model number 37001 which comes with 3 wattage control settings and the are 900 watts, 1500 watts and also 1800 watts.
- The temperature gauge can be adjusted every 5 degrees and operates in a range of 100 up as far as 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the number of pre-set buttons provided is 6. To help you, they provide the LED touch pad control panel and this model can cook a wide selection of foods such as French fries, fish, steaks, chicken and also frozen products.
- There is the ability not only to fry but also to grill, roast and bake also and there is a basket demounting button which includes the cover for your added safety and of course the removable parts are dishwasher friendly.
- If you need a larger type Air Fryer for a family of 4+, then you should take a closer look at this model and the price when last checked was in the region of $120 to $140 when last viewed at Walmart.
In addition, feel free to view larger or view stock levels of Air Fryers by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, it would be greatly appreciated by the community if you can share your own favorite Air Fryers and the reasons why by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that people in the community can learn also!
Many thanks for taking the time to visit and best of luck with your final decision