Greetings to you all and welcome to this informative Air Ionizer review with helpful tips and FAQ which will provide you with all the information you need so that you can make your informed decision. An ionizer is an electrical device for the production of negatively charged electrons called ions. These ions are produced with the aid of electrical high tension.
These negatively charged ions will mainly tie to dust, microorganisms of diseases and bacteria so that the contamination of the air in your residence or place of work because of dust, cigarette smoke, pollen and fungi are decreased. Dust small particles in the air will be neutralized, but also dangerous gases such as formaldehyde, Sulphur dioxide and organic hydrocarbon compounds. Much appreciation to the artificial ionization the natural concentration of negative ions is restored.
An ionizer produces between 20,000 and 200,000 ions in a second. In order to correct concentration, it is significant that temperature ranges between 20°C and the relative humidity is between 45-60%. The bio-climate that ionizers make is rich in active oxygen molecules, which makes the living and working environment dirt-free and fresh. The Clean Air high-oxygen bio-climate causes a feeling of well-being, energy and concentration. Ionized means that the oxygen is either positively or negatively charged.
The air that flows from one of ionizers has been ionized negatively. The exceptional effect of the produced active oxygen surpasses the effect of regular oxygen, which means that the ionized oxygen will be more easily absorbed by the body cells. Scientists have proven that negative ions are vital life elements. A strong naturally high concentration of negative ions can be found in mountain air, near the sea and after a thunder storm.
Due to the fine dust in the large cities the number of negative ions which are critical to our health is minimum. Fine dust, dust, pollen, viruses, bacteria, germs, mould, home dust mite excrements, particles that cause odours, volatile solvents, gases that blow up from paint, varnish, cleaning detergents, glue, ink and pets dander, foods or cigarette smoke are purified of the air.
So, air ionizer is an electrical machine that ionizes air molecules when high voltage is applied to the device. It is a up to date novel technology in the field of air filters. Once voltage is applied to a series of integral needles, the ionizer releases a flow of electrons into the air. These electrons attach to the air molecules make negatively charged ions.
The negative ions then attract positively charged dust particles, dander, allergens in the air forming a cluster. The cluster turn into heavier and either falls to the surface or is simply sucked into the air ionizer and gets collected in the filter. The filters can be cleaned or replaced as necessary.
Useful Tips to know before you buy…
- Types: Different types of Air Ionizers are available in the market, before you go to buying make sure the exact purpose of the air ionizer. These types of ionisers are Domestic Ionizers, Commercial Ionizers, Personal Ionizers, Vehicle Ionizers, Ionizers for Animals, Electrostatic Precipitators.
- Particle Removing Capability: Several air ionizers are more efficient than others in trapping the different sizes of airborne particles. Air ionizers with HEPA filters are superior at collecting allergens and other fine particles.
- Removal of Chemicals & Smoke: Not all air cleaning technologies are good at removal of cigarette smoke, chemicals, and nasty odours. You may want to check for activated carbon air ionizers to undertake with the smoke and odor problem.
- Coverage: You should also make sure the area covered by the air ionizer. A standard ionizer can efficiently cover an area up to 300 square feet. There are a several models that can cover greater areas. You will have to measure the square footage of your space to decide which ionizer to purchase. Depending upon the area needed to be covered, you can either select a unit that can be placed on the floor or be mounted on a shelf.
- Price and Replacement Expenses: The cost of an air ionizer is also an significant deciding aspect. You may want to select a model that is effective and reasonably priced at the same time. Replacement cost of filters is also another determining reason. By knowing what the replacement is, you can figure out the total lifetime cost for the element.
- Electricity utilization: Depending on the air ionizer technology, some units get through more power than the others. Before settling on a unit, make sure for its power expenditure. The most excellent power saving ionizers use 40 watts of power.
- Noise: Air ionizers are invented to run smoothly in the room without distressing the calmness of the environment. However, some high power units create noise when drawing bigger volumes of air. Do check for its sound making ability before selecting the ionizer so that you do not ruin the peace of your house.
Frequently Asked Questions that came up...
Q: Why is ionization technology is better than air purifying technologies?
A: Ionization does not have need of a fan to operate, as little ions are very movable and diffuse naturally in the air. Ions run on positively charged particles in the volume of the room so they do not necessitate to be conducted to a filter where they will be concentrated. This act takes place on all size ranges of particles. And it is now a known fact that such particles are especially dangerous, causing cardiovascular diseases. The solution to clean air is very different from the ones offered by standard devices, that is air purifiers with filters. ionizers diffuse in the air a large number of negative ions that give back to air its natural and healthy composition. They are designed to withstand daily use - totally silent, without any filter and energy saving
Q: Is there any effect on health by breathing too many ions?
A: No, there has never been any poisonous side effect due to exposure to a high concentration of negative ions. but you must be careful when you are subject to hyperthyroidism. In such a situation, put your ioniser a few meters from your pillow.
Q: How do you know that ioniser is working fine?
A: Gradually approach the tip of your finger close to one of the ioniser needles. When your finger is 1-2 mm close, you should hear a small buzz noise, gives confirmation that you are experiencing a tiny electrical discharge. No doubts, it is totally secure and just proves your ioniser is in fact working fine.
Q: How often do you need to clean the ioniser?
A: Your ioniser needs no cleaning, just dusting an object on a bookshelf, as around your ioniser, you may see a thin dust layer emerging over weeks and months. Just clean it with the normal product you use for cleaning a wall or vacuum clean it just like the rest of the floor.
Q: Does the ionization process discharge ozone?
A: Yes, however it's a harmless and minimal amount for man and animal. Ozone is a natural product and is among others produced by the sea, at a waterfall, in the mountains and during thunder storms and lightening which result in a healthy smelling fresh scent. In nature the ozone exists as a means to clean the air. It is recommended that users with respiratory problems to consult a doctor in order to measure the possible vulnerability for even the smallest amounts of ozone.
Best Air Ionizers Reviewed
1, The Best Choice Products Ionic Air Purifier - Ozone Ionizer (SKY1057)
- If you would like to have a high quality room ionizer for house or workplace, then get Best Choice SKY1057 Ionic Air Purifier/Ozone Ionizer that can handle any size space, large or small.
- The Sky1057 is not only very reasonably priced but also adaptable to purify a space up to 3,500 square feet, which makes it perfect for both a small accommodation, or a large home or storehouse. This Sky1057 top ionic air cleaner also contains two electrostatic collection plates to catch fallen airborne contaminants.
- For the cost, you won’t discover any other ionic appliance that has this much air cleaning power. This unit also looks good even as stripping the air of all types of detrimental contaminants and irritants.
- Additionally, to ionization, this top rated air purifier also contains an optional ozone cleaning task that boosts the air cleaning capability.
- This facilitates against viruses, bacteria, mold and other toxins that are present inside the home.
- I have also seen this model priced at less than $120 which can be checked out below
2, The OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer with UV-C Sanitizer
- Another excellent ionic air purifier you can get is OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer with UV-C Sanitizer.
- In approx. the half price of first suggestion, you can take pleasure in an environment that’s not only allergen free, but also smells fresh and decreases the contact to illness.
- In addition to ionization, the O-ION B-1000 also assists to fight against smoke, smells, bacteria and viruses through the arrangement of Carbon Filtration and UV-C Lighting.
- You have the preference between two colour options either black or silver, and it has an optional night light function.
- The only shortcoming is that it can only cover a space up to 400 square feet
- If you are planning to buy for the best air ionizer to use in a small to medium sized space, this is a worthwhile investment.
3, The Green Air Purifiers Green Air Deluxe 3 Plate HEPA and Carbon Filter Alpine Air Purifier Ozone Generator
- Green Air Purifiers Green Air Deluxe 3 Plate HEPA and Carbon Filter Alpine Air Purifier is one of the leading air ionizer which covers up to 3500 square feet. It comes with and uses up to 3 ozone plates, unclean air is first passed through the pre-filter, HEPA filter, odour controlling activated carbon filter, and at last the photo catalytic PCO filter.
- The anion emitters, move forward of the fan to the front panel, release trillions of negative ions into your home, attaching themselves to dust particles, and dropping them straight to the floor. This superior function is perfect for eliminating dust, bacteria, animal dander, and other harmful particles that float in the air. The sterilizer utility turns on the units blue UV lamp to get rid of airborne viruses and germs.
- When you need to remove strong or unpleasant odours in your home, the ozone mode creates activated oxygen based on the area of your home. Perfect for removing smoke odours, cooking odours, chemical/cleaning agent odours, paint odours, etc.
- Apply ozone mode when home is empty on units built in timer, and not around persons with asthma or respiratory issues.
- Ozone reverts back to oxygen after around 30 to 45 minutes. Exclusive to this model is a double timer function that will permit you to have the unit turn on and off at preselected times daily and it weighs approx. 16.3 pounds.
4, The Plixio Portable Odor Eliminating Plug-In Ionic Air Purifier & Ozone Generator
- The Plixio PLX50A air purifier is ideal for providing clean air in any small room. This model has the same quality and power as other expensive models, only now added a built-in timer. This new characteristic permits the users to set the unit to automatically turn off after 30 minutes of utilization.
- The people, those with allergies or asthma understand the importance of having clean air and being able to eliminate contaminants from areas that are less ventilated. The PLX50A removes odours from pets, smoke, bathrooms and kitchens.
- This unit is an air ionizer, which means that it doesn’t just mask smells, it helps get rid of the agents that reason odors in the first place. Air ionizers work by activating oxygen and negative ions to eliminate harmful bacteria. The PLX50A works to neutralize odors in homes, offices, closets, laundry rooms, bathrooms and is great for travel.
- It weighs less than 7 ounces and measures 4.5 by 3.5 by 2 inches so it fits easily into any room without taking up too much space or drawing too much attention. Each unit can cycle up to 100 square feet; it is recommended use 2 units for any space larger than 150 square feet.
- The PLX50A operates on less than 5 watt of power and comes with 1 year warranty. It's very easy to clean just lightly vacuum the model once a month.
- If users want to set the timer on the unit, they only have to turn the switch on the unit from on to off/auto and the unit will turn by itself off after 30 minutes.
5, The Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer
- This is definitely one of the most popular options to consider and has proven to be a big attraction to several buyers across the marketplace.
- It is larger and has over 6000 mg of ozone production and there is no need to clean the filters (low maintenance)
- One thing that you will like is that it is very lightweight (less than 7 Ibs) and very portable and can be used in any room or office that you need as it is very easy to move around.
- A timer is included also so that you can set the level of time for purification and the dimensions are 6.8 by 8 by 5.8 in inches which certainly make it very easy to move about.
- Pricewise – it is definitely one of the most attractive and there is a one year warranty included when you buy.
On a final note, no matter how much you keep clean your home, there are chances to be airborne allergens and dust particles in the air. Higher humidity levels further increase bacterial growth, which may be dangerous for people living in the house, especially if you have children and old people who may be suffering from dust allergies or respiratory problems. The above list of air ionizers provides you the exact idea of best available air ionizers appliances in the market. As you see above, with the two best choices that fit the needs for a large space or small area. Depending on the size of the rooms you want to purify should guide you in which is the best product to get.
It would also be greatly appreciated if you can share your own personal experiences with Air Ionizers with the community by leaving a comment in the comment box below – So that other people in the community can learn also!